Teams Team Development (Final Two Weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inspired by the Nank's effort last night so I've gone:

Goldy > The Smithless Stef which has freed up cash to upgrade Shoenmakers > Roughead

Have gone to Preuss for R3 and pushed Cameron up (who will play at some point) FWD, I reckon Preuss will play 4-5 games to ease Goldy's workload for the first month.

View attachment 349233
Move Cameron to the ruck to get your ruck forward links.

upload_2017-3-24_14-17-31.png
Risky forward line. I downgraded Macrae to Steele to make room for Marchbank if he performs well again next week. Could pay off if Steele matches Macraes output. Otherwise am very happy with the team. Mids - set (would like to trade Selwood to Hannebury, but can't afford it, and think Selwood is good for a 110-115 avg. Rucks - set. Defenders - set once I get Marchbank in. Forwards - biggest risk, but confident in Nank, Roughy and Dahl, just need Steele to perform.

Nice work. Two questions:

1. As the articles are somewhat dated, wondering if you have used this research in selecting your team over the past couple of seasons? I assume not, given your not so successful results.

2. Are you worried about a slow start for Goldy given Preuss' selection?

Sorry one more thing on the fallen premiums. What it doesn't take into account is how slowly/quickly they start off. For example Swallow might start slowly, averaging 70 early on, but in the back half of the season finish strongly averaging 100. So you would have been better starting a rookie and getting cash generation, and then upgrading to a fallen premium, rather than holding Swallow.
Thanks for the feedback, particularly that third point - it's a good one, and I hadn't even considered it to be honest! I'm still running with all the mid-pricers, In relation to the article a majority of those players would be players who just under-performed in the previous season rather than those who played fewer games, since the author considers all players who averaged above 110 in a season and then dropped off in the next year. In answer to your questions.
1. No, I did not. If you read some of my vents you'll see that I thoroughly deserved my lack of success.
2. A little, but not so much. Based on what I'd been reading, I really wasn't expecting Preuss to be selected, and had actually on traded in Witts after Cameron's injury. Now that he has been picked, he's in my team. At any rate, looking at Goldstein's scores from the past three seasons when Daw has played, his scores haven't been too bad. In eight such games he averaged 106.25 in 2014 (season average 106.9), 149 in one game in 2015 (season average 128.8), and 102 in eight games last year (season average 108.1). So it seems to take about 3 points off of his average, and when you consider that Daw is more likely to play when Goldy's not 100% anyway (e.g. when struggling with injury last year), I'm not sure if it has any statistically significant effect. Additionally, while Preuss will get significant game time, I'm not sure he/Daw will get much more than Daw did last year. Suppose they get the equivalent of five more games, then (even assuming it really is worth three points) his average would decline by (5*3)/21=0.7 points i.e. not very much at all relative to the fallen premium effect. By contrast, even though Spencer hasn't been picked it's virtually certain that Gawn will have more competition for the ruck spot at Melbourne than he did last year, and we don't really know the extent of that effect on him. As I said, the 16-point jump is my main reason for rejecting Gawn, but even after the teams have come out I maintain that Spencer is much of a threat than Preuss.

Last edited:
14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Have a choice of converting Ruckman Cameron to Stradica (or whatever his name is) .....and keeping EVW

Or retaining Cameron as it looks he maybe played .......and replacing EVW with Joel Smith

Risk / Reward ......thoughts ?

Thanks for the feedback, particularly that third point - it's a good one, and I hadn't even considered it to be honest! I'm still running with all the mid-pricers, In relation to the article a majority of those players would be players who just under-performed in the previous season rather than those who played fewer games, since the author considers all players who averaged above 110 in a season and then dropped off in the next year. In answer to your questions.
1. No, I did not. If you read some of my vents you'll see that I thoroughly deserved my lack of success.
2. A little, but not so much. Based on what I'd been reading, I really wasn't expecting Preuss to be selected, and had actually on traded in Witts after Cameron's injury. Now that he has been picked, he's in my team. At any rate, looking at Goldstein's scores from the past three seasons when Daw has played, his scores haven't been too bad. In eight such games he averaged 106.25 in 2014 (season average 106.9), 149 in one game in 2015 (season average 128.8), and 102 in eight games last year (season average 108.1). So it seems to take about 3 points off of his average, and when you consider that Daw is more likely to play when not 100% anyway (e.g. when struggling with injury last year), I'm not sure if it has any statistically significant effect. Additionally, while Preuss will get significant, I'm not sure he/Daw will get much more than Daw did last year. Suppose they get the equivalent of five more games, then (even assuming it really is worth three points) his average would decline by (5*3)/21=0.7 points i.e. not very much at all relative to the fallen premium effect. By contrast, even though Spencer hasn't been picked it's virtually certain that Gawn will have more competition for the ruck spot at Melbourne than he did last year, and we don't really know the extent of that effect on him. As I said, the 16-point jump is my main reason for rejecting Gawn, but even after the teams have come out I maintain that Spencer is much of a threat than Preuss.

upload_2017-3-24_16-6-46.png

:huh::huh::huh: .........:'(:'(

Ok this is killing me. I thought I had this all sorted but nope.
Gawn vs Goldy - what's people's opinion on one over the other?
Steele and DSwallow, are they worth it?
Why don't people like McCarthy? He will kick the odd bag and play each week.
Will Rough be a keeper.
Simpkin or Parfitt?
Mitch Hibberd yay or nay?
A billion questions so I guess if I want these answered I'll start giving my opinion to questions here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, have made a few changes to my side already.

those who read the rucks thread will know ive dropped Gawn now to Witts.

and have upgraded Simpkin and Cutler....

URGH! WHY THE PARTIAL LOCKOUT!!!

lol, have made a few changes to my side already.

those who read the rucks thread will know ive dropped Gawn now to Witts.

and have upgraded Simpkin and Cutler....

URGH! WHY THE PARTIAL LOCKOUT!!!
Witt's is gumbelton mk2.
Don't do it

I'm a novice so can't part with any knowledge, but can I please have some advice on Simpkin vs Bowes? Any thoughts on which way I should lean?

Pardon my ignorance but why are people keeping Hampton, Otten, EVW and Taranto in their teams if they may not even play?
final teams have been named

Hampton, Otten and Taranto all named. EVW is expected to play next week. not playing this week due to the talls in WCE fwd line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back