Team Effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Great Effort Boys!

Yet again, people expect too much too quickly. Given they were playing in Adelaide against an in form team who are expected to make a push for the top 4, it could have been far worse.

Geelong, Collingood and Hawthorn didn't play great footy overnight. It was a long program based on adapting to a new game plan.

Typical Bulldogs supporter attitude, constantly accepting mediocrity.

think before you post matt. it's been a long time since iv'e seen a bulldogs
team of KIDS play with that kind of balls. There is a strength of conviction
that was not there under rocket. And the older players are having to earn a
spot, not getting one on reputation. This group will develop together
and in a year or two when they all mature together
(jones / roughy / libba / grant / smith / cordy / wood / dollhouse/ wallis etc etc etc..all of these players will make it!

I personally we think we won the lottery in terms of all the new coaches,
and add to this all our picks in the superdraft this year, and your cooneys, higgins, griffens, shermans etc etc who will still be around as these kids mature..

the reason we have fallen in 3 prelims is that we have not had that group
that has come through all together (ie geelong), all the same age, all committed to the same cause .
I liked rocket but he did recruit to plug holes in search of the holy grail . now we are starting from scratch. I believe
mcartney is serious and is prepared to stick to his guns to get there.

would your rather be north melbourne or melbourne or richmond or even
essendon or st kilda (years in the wilderness ahead) etc? Shit man we will have one or two years outside the 8 and then be a real threat again .

someone at our club must be doing something right.... enjoy the ride.

p.s we have played the two nab cup finalists in a row and given them a run
for at least 3 quaters. trust me adelaide were sh)*&ing themselves last night.

(jones / roughy / libba / grant / smith / cordy / wood / dollhouse/ wallis etc etc etc..all of these players will make it!

and add to this all our picks in the superdraft this year, and your cooneys, higgins, griffens, shermans etc etc who will still be around as these kids mature..

that has come through all together (ie geelong), all the same age, all committed to the same cause .
I liked rocket but he did recruit to plug holes in search of the holy grail . now we are starting from scratch. I believe

essendon or st kilda (years in the wilderness ahead) etc? Shit man we will have one or two years outside the 8 and then be a real threat again .

Great post - agree with everything you said.:):thumbsu:

Love our new game plan and the effort from the boys.

Just got to get it all together.

Also some really promising youngsters.

Let's knock the Saints off next week - we owe them for years of pain.

Love our new game plan and the effort from the boys.

Just got to get it all together.

Also some really promising youngsters.

Let's knock the Saints off next week - we owe them for years of pain.

Amen to that. Nothing would given me greater pleasure this year (apart from a flag, which won't happen) than knocking off the Saints.

Last night we found something. It could have gone either way at half time, but the boys dug deep and showed some character and some fight. Bring in Cordy (height up forward/goalkicker) Tutt (midfield/backline pace), Sherman (pace, goalkicker and X factor) and we'll be right.

Went to the game last night and was happy with the performance we dished up. The only thing is we need another target in the forward line to at least make a contest. Someone like that Campbell in the pre season and even Skinner is a real live wire who can take a pack mark.

Will Minson or Roughead were not the answer last night. Will is only good 1v1 where he can out muscle the full back but against the Crows and Ben Rutten it wasn't going to happen and Roughead lacked the strength in the forward line. All we need is another tall forward target who will contest and I'm confident about the team this year.

The turnaround of Markovic from last week was brilliant and Lake was showing glimpses of 2010 again last night and was a big improvement from last week which was great.

This is exactly what I was going to say! ... Freaky

As opposed to many North supporters constantly talking up their "improvement" and how good Brad Scott is despite winning less games last year with a fit Petrie then in 2010

End thread <<< Nothing more needs to be said :thumbsu:

One or two seasons at the bottom and we could be back in the top 4, much like the eagles have done.

Libba
Smith
Tutt
Howard
Cordy
Roughead
Dalhouse
Wallis
Jones
Talia
Wood
Picken.

+ Hunter and two top 10 picks from this 'super draft' will give us a great core group. Then you add Williams, Griffen, Cooney, Sherman etc as our experienced players. Should keep us in good stead.

Also agree great post. People have to be realistic, we have been at the top for a while, we have lost about 10 very good or great experienced players in a few years, we have to drop down and rebuild. Be realistic, look at Carlton now they fell down the bottom for years and now finally are making their way back up the top after a number of high raft picks, we have some great kids we have recruited last 3 years and we have been up the top for most of that time.

I think they gave a 100% effort on Saturday night. I was over the moon with the effort. We have played eagles who will p*ss in a top 4 spot and Adelaide in Adelaide are hard to beat even when they are near the bottom, let alone when they are flying and just won the NAB cup. From my viewing of the last 2 games i have been very happy and i never accept mediocrity.

I think this coach has added a tough edge to our team that we have not had for years, we just don't have the cattle yet that we had during those years at the top.

Give it time and hope to see them have a real crack each week, based on what i have seen we will win a number of games this year. If supporters just want to criticize because we are not winning i suggest go and watch Melbourne and then see how you feel about the dogs.

Our young brigade are looking great, Libba and Dahl will be absolute stars, and they have good support for the future. As for Jones the poor kid is 21 and getting double and triple teamed at every contest FFS give him a chance. How many other 21 year olds are getting the best backman from the other team every week. We definitely need another target up there to support him, Will clearly is not that man up fwd, bring in Panos or Cordy next week.

Go dogs and i'm over the moon with the way we are heading, here is to a good year of being very competitive and building towards building a premiership side in 3-4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this was the norf board you woul have a red card

Freedom of speech is definitely a one way street when it comes to Norf. It's the only board I've been carded on... more than once as well. :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough scumbag Norf, our future is looking pretty bright, just have to roll the high seas for a little while :thumbsu:

Everyone ignore the Norf supporters that decide to come in and raise shit. They can't help it that, for all their success during the 90's, they were a rabble on and off field for the last 4 years.

Yeah, and they're changing their name to the Norf Melbourne Nuisance. 'Cause that's all they are a nuisance team, always have been :D

Originally Posted by Digby Morrell
Bulldogs1954.....1954....I mean seriously 1954??

Yep, 1954, the first out of Norf, Hawthorn and us to win the big one, It took Norf many, many years to win their first one:D and it looks like many many years to win it again.

really happy with the way the boys fought that one out... very much looking forward to playing the saints and i reckon we have a real shot at beating them

Problem for me is that despite all these great youngsters we have, I don't see a 'game breaker'. An outstanding player that we need to go all the way.

All of the Premiership teams have had a few.

Who will ours be? Cant see them on the list ATM.

Problem for me is that despite all these great youngsters we have, I don't see a 'game breaker'. An outstanding player that we need to go all the way.

In a year or two, Clay Smith will be our Joel Selwood.

TBH, our game breakers at the moment are Adam Cooney and Ryan Griffen. I honestly believe that the 2012 draft will be where we find our next 2 - with our 2 reasonably early first round picks.

Also - dear tonydean - legend. Great thread and post, totally agree with the majority of what has been said on here.

I was filthy just before quarter time when we were 4 goals to zip down, and near half time too, but only with the result and not the endeavour. All our young players showed real promise, and not just on the odd flash throughout the game. It was mostly hard stuff they were doing, and doing it repeatedly.

Gotta love Macca for instilling that desire and those behaviours.

A lot of people have agreed with this post and I'll jump on the bandwagon. The young(er) blokes in the side seem to show real heart. I think the club has solid potential- Panos, Hill, Tutt, Cordy etc. The effort has been there for the last couple of games. As long as we can see it every week I'll be pleased with the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back