team for round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monfries out, Welsh in. He has shown nothing in the Bank-sponsored Cup to suggest he should be named as a first choice on-baller.

couldnt agree more.

he has shown he is a decent footballer but would struggle in our 22.

needs to show y he is so highly rated?

anyone know? short, not the best skills, decent hands and just dives on every ball resulting in htb decisions. eg st kilda!

please help me?

I can't beleive so many people get stuck into Monfries and cut Slattery some slack. He has been absolutely awful. He's a good tackler, but I can't think of anything else positive to say about his football at the moment.

I can't beleive so many people get stuck into Monfries and cut Slattery some slack. He has been absolutely awful. He's a good tackler, but I can't think of anything else positive to say about his football at the moment.

Henry's been disappointing to date, no doubt. He's still not finding the football, his tackling has been a touch over zealous and he just doesn't seem to be improving.

However, Henry's one of the few guys we've got that can tag successfully and I wouldn't be surprised if that alone gets him into the side for Round 1.

Personally, I'd rather Heath Hocking in the 'run with' role with Rama played as the small defender.

B: Dustin Fletcher, Mal Michael, Adam Ramanauskas
HB: Jay Nash, Paddy Ryder, Nathan Lovett-Murray
C: Ricky Dyson, Jobe Watson, Andrew Lovett
HF: Adam McPhee, Scott Lucas, Andrew Welsh
F: Alwyn Davey, Matthew Lloyd, David Hille

FOLL: Jason Laycock, Mark McVeigh, Brent Stanton

I/C: Bachar Houli, Heath Hocking, Courtenay Dempsey, Kyle Reimers

Its interesting to read a thread like this, being an opposition supporter...most of you seem to have Rama in your starting backline, but I was under the impression that Essendon would blood youngsters and that he would struggle to get a game/get back to his old form.

Then I watched the Ess v Saints game, and Rama was taking several of your kick-outs.

Does this suggest that he's a definite starter for Essendon round 1 - I couldn't care re DT/SC or anything, just happy for the bloke if he gets back into the team in a full strength team.

must of the post's for round 1 look spot on. but i think the bombers should play pears and myers as they look ready i know they might be still raw but i would play them before peverill and johnson

Its interesting to read a thread like this, being an opposition supporter...most of you seem to have Rama in your starting backline, but I was under the impression that Essendon would blood youngsters and that he would struggle to get a game/get back to his old form.

Then I watched the Ess v Saints game, and Rama was taking several of your kick-outs.

Does this suggest that he's a definite starter for Essendon round 1 - I couldn't care re DT/SC or anything, just happy for the bloke if he gets back into the team in a full strength team.

One would think that Rama would be stiff to miss out.

Firstly, Rama isn't that old. He's 27 and all things going well, should be around for the next 5 years.

As for getting back to his old form, I'm not sure that's going to quite happen. It's hard to see him becoming the destructive wingman/half back flanker that he was around the 2002/03 period.

However, it's been noticable since his come back last year that he's still got the desire, still got the footy smarts and still got the best field kick in the side. Now he's got a bit of fitness on top of that.

All this amounts to a guy that can create from defence, whilst still having the awareness to shut down an opponent and the flexibility to play through the forward line and midfield. I dream of him having similar effectiveness to a later year Gavin Wanganeen.

I'd be betting on him playing Round 1, and playing a fairly serious role.

must of the post's for round 1 look spot on. but i think the bombers should play pears and myers as they look ready i know they might be still raw but i would play them before peverill and johnson

I'd like to see Myers and Pears given some time.

There's plenty of other young guys that are just as worthy, if not more worthy, of a spot in the side.

Ease them in through Bendigo where it's not so difficult to get a kick and build their confidence. Then their form can be rewarded with a place in the seniors.

I'd like to see Myers and Pears given some time.

There's plenty of other young guys that are just as worthy, if not more worthy, of a spot in the side.

Ease them in through Bendigo where it's not so difficult to get a kick and build their confidence. Then their form can be rewarded with a place in the seniors.
yeah understand were your coming from but i just don't like too see a player in 1week out for rest of the season. confidence is the biggest point of a young afl player, i think that knights will play the young guns and if lose 22 games out 22 i'll still be happy knowing they will be better for it. we are two three years away

yeah understand were your coming from but i just don't like too see a player in 1week out for rest of the season. confidence is the biggest point of a young afl player, i think that knights will play the young guns and if lose 22 games out 22 i'll still be happy knowing they will be better for it. we are two three years away

How will confidence be good if we lose 22 of 22?

B: Rama - Michael - Ryder
HB: Houli - Fletcher - Nash
C: Winderlich - Stanton - Lovett
HF: Davey - Lucas - Welsh
F: Jetta - Lloyd - Neagle
R: Hille - Watson - McVeigh
INT: Slattery - McPhee - Lovett-Murray - Laycock

starting lineup:

b - Rama'kas, Michael, Fletcher
hb - Peverill, Ryder, Nash
c - (Monfries), Watson, Winderlich
hf - McPhee, Lucas, Lovett
ff - Davey, Lloyd, L-Murray
r - Hille, Stanton, McVeigh
i/c - Laycock, Houli, Dempsey, Welsh
emg - Dyson

- i think Monfries might be our no.1 tagger this year.
- L-Murray appears to be starting forward.
- Peverill has been moved down back.
- McPhee will playing forward/midfield
- Dyson will most likely play every game, but i couldn't find a spot. he's my 23rd man.

Hasnt played a pre season game to date yet, surely he wont get up in time longy?

Think Dyson will get that spot on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Nash - Michael - Rama
HB: Fletcher - Ryder - Dempsey
C: Houli - Stanton - Myers
HF: Welsh - Lucas - Mcphee
F: Jetta - Lloyd - Davey
INT: Lovett-Murray - Laycock - Pears - Slattery

Hasnt played a pre season game to date yet, surely he wont get up in time longy?

Think Dyson will get that spot on the wing.

He's in our best side and he should play next week and in the week off before the season for Bendigo.

If he gets two hit outs, he's in.

who is our no.1 tagger this year ???
i have a feeling it could be Monfries. but i'm not sure.

last year, we used Peverill in a K.Cornes mode (not as good) who would aim to shut down his opponent while getting the ball himself. we also used Slattery for some hard-tag roles (played a good game on Kerr) which was more of a S.Baker mode of tagging.
this year, we've got guys like Houli & Dyson pushing for spots in the midfield. i'm not sure what it will look like.

B: Ramanauskas - Michael - Ryder
C: Lovett - Stanton - Winderlich
F: Jetta - Lloyd - Hille
Foll: Laycock - Watson - McVeigh

Int: L-Murray McPhee Slattery Dempsey
How can Lovett be considered after missing all pre season games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back