Team line up vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Hawks website

‘Spida’ set to play 250
5:40:02 PM Thu 6 July, 2006
hawthornfc.com.au
Hawthorn supporters can look forward to welcoming ruckman Peter Everitt back into the midfield mix this week as he lines up for his 250th AFL game on Saturday against West Coast at the MCG.

After being scheduled to play his 250th game in Round 12 against Richmond, Everitt has missed the last two games with an ankle injury.

For Everitt, the milestone is a testament to his durability. He has played 70 senior games from a possible 80 since his first season at the Hawks in 2003.

Consistent, skilled and durable, Everitt made his AFL debut with St Kilda in 1993 and was traded to Hawthorn from St Kilda at the end of 2002.

After winning St Kilda’s best and fairest in 2001 and receiving All Australian honours during his time there, he has also achieved success at Hawthorn, winning the 2004 Peter Crimmins Club Champion medal and earning another All Australian guernsey in 2005.

Mark Williams, Harry Miller and Tom Murphy come into the team after stints at Box Hill, while Brent Guerra has been forced out due to two weeks suspension and Simon Taylor, Luke Brennan and Nick Ries have all been omitted.

The team
B: Sewell, Roughead, Brown
HB: Smith, Croad, Hodge
C: Clarke, Ladson, Vandenberg
HF: Bateman, Barker, Dixon
F: Campbell, Franklin, Williams
FOLL: Everitt, Lewis, Mitchell
I/C: Young, Miller, Murphy, Birchall
EMG: Taylor, Ries, Brennan

IN: Peter Everitt, Mark Williams, Tom Murphy, Harry Miller
OUT: Brent Guerra (suspension), Simon Taylor, Luke Brennan and Nick Ries (all omitted)

Nightwolf_69 said:
Great selections IMO. But i wouldve had Zac in..

Funny how just a few weeks ago some were calling for him to be delisted now the call is bring him back..:)

Glad Murphy is back, shouldnt have been dropped.

Didnt seem like Willo did enough at BH to deserve promotion, will have to wait and see.

I would have liked to see Big Max have a go with Spida FF and Bob main ruck with Max the backup.

Agree with all the selections there as well. Dawson would be close. Would have been nice to bring him in against a side who doesn't have the strongest forward line, but he's doing well at Box Hill, would be in soon.

Miller needed another chance, Murphy was unlucky to get dropped in the first place, and Everitt for his 250th hopefully gives us a spark.

Going to my first game in Melbourne this year (flying over from Tas) so hopefully its a good one.

Much better selection this week.
Williams had to come back in, for once we have all fwds on deck - surprised it wasn't last week, where we were clearly lacking.
Dawson is not ready for AFL - far too green and unproven at the top level. Needs to develop a greater consistency and discipline at BH before you'd even consider him at FB.
I'd expect Everitt to start 1st ruck and then play fwd along with Croad to unleash Franklin as an opportunist fwd. This is our best chance at kicking a winning score - just need to be able to curb their momentum if and when it comes.
Go Hawks!

Good team. Great to see murphy back. Miller lucky to be in.
Swap roughie with campbell (as WCE key fwds arent great) and then we might have a semblence of a fwd line.
Hope to see birchall and murphy getting a good run in the backline.

Some very good inclusions for your mob.

Everitt assuming he plays is a masive inclusion for you guys considering we have lost Coxxy.

Willo always seems to play well and dominate against the Eagles and will have to be closely watched....Put Nicoski on him IMO with Selwood going to Mitchell and Stenglein going to Hodge.

Is Miller out of contract this year?? If so, they need to give him a solid 5 game block, and if he has not got it, he should be gone IMO. Is he a premiership player? We'll see, I doubt it.

Not overly excited.

Murphy - early days. Would not expect him to do better than Guerra.
Willo - Not much at BHH but is better than Brennan.
Spyda for Tailor - On name a big win, on form ???
Miller for Ries - Would be surprised if Harry offers more than Ries.

On balance a slightly better team than last week.

Dawson and Bailey are not ready this year.
McGlynn not available.
Ball, Boyle, Kane and Little not really demanding selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miller is a bit of a left-field selection. Hadn't heard that he was doing a lot at Box Hill to demand selection. Still, we need a goalsneak and Miller is the closest thing to one that we have at the club, so it's good we're giving him game time.

Congrats to Tom Murphy for being selected for his third game of AFL.

Fairly happy with this weeks line up - A few things though:

1. Hodge had better run most of the game in the middle and not on the back flank as they have placed him for now.

2. Campbell to swap with Franklin (Campbell to FF and Franklin to FP)

Hope the boys get up! No need to mention what needs to be done this weekend against the Weagles, I think we, and they (the hawks) already know...

illnino said:
Fairly happy with this weeks line up - A few things though:

1. Hodge had better run most of the game in the middle and not on the back flank as they have placed him for now.

2. Campbell to swap with Franklin (Campbell to FF and Franklin to FP)

Hope the boys get up! No need to mention what needs to be done this weekend against the Weagles, I think we, and they (the hawks) already know...

Hodge must play in the middle, I cant understand why he is spending so much time in the back line, For ages last week Rob Harvey went to FF making Hodge FB. :confused: Why wasn't the change made early?.

1. If Hodge is really unfit / Injured rest him and play a kid.
2. Otherwise he should be in the middle. When resting FP / HHF.

Herbs hawks said:
Hodge must play in the middle, I cant understand why he is spending so much time in the back line, For ages last week Rob Harvey went to FF making Hodge FB. :confused: Why wasn't the change made early?.

1. If Hodge is really unfit / Injured rest him and play a kid.
2. Otherwise he should be in the middle. When resting FP / HHF.

I agree. Although, HHF = HFF :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Team line up vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back