Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Big Sauce back

Carlton ruckman Sam Jacobs has been recalled to the team meeting Sydney in Sunday’s 1st Elimination Final against Sydney at ANZ Stadium.

Jacobs, who replaces the omitted Shaun Hampson, is one of at least two changes to the team which came up six points short in the Fremantle match at Subiaco Oval. A replacement for the in-form, but injured Shaun Grigg will come from either Richard Hadley, Andrew Walker, Joe Anderson or Steven Browne - all of whom have been named on an extended interchange.

The four-man interchange will finalised at 5pm tomorrow (Friday).

Big Sauce back

Carlton

B: Aaron Joseph, Michael Jamison, Marcus Davies
HB: Dennis Armfield, Paul Bower, Jordan Russell
C: Heath Scotland, Chris Judd, Kade Simpson
HF: Andrew Carrazzo, Lachie Henderson, Mitch Robinson
F: Eddie Betts, Jarrad Waite, Jeff Garlett
Foll: Sam Jacobs, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
I/C (from): Joe Anderson, Steven Browne, David Ellard, Richard Hadley, Andrew Walker, Robert Warnock, Chris Yarran

In: Hadley, Walker, Anderson, Browne, Jacobs
Out: Shaun Grigg (calf), Shaun Hampson

Looks like the Swans will make 3 changes.

Sydney Swans

B: Tadhg Kennelly, Ted Richards, Rhyce Shaw
HB: Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy, Martin Mattner
C: Nick Smith, Brett Kirk, Jarrad McVeigh
HF: Daniel Hannebery, Ryan O'Keefe, Josh Kennedy
F: Trent Dennis-Lane, Adam Goodes, Paul Bevan
Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Kieren Jack

I/C (from): Lewis Jetta, Jarred Moore, Matt O'Dwyer, Mike Pyke, Sam Reid, Gary Rohan, Jesse White

In: Kennelly, O'Dwyer, Mumford, Hannebery
Out: Brett Meredith (hip)

yup, and he had a very solid game in the 2's last week.
Will be surprised if Carrots gets up also.

In Hadley, Walker, Jacobs

Out Hampson, Grigg, Carrazzo

Looks like the Swans will only make 1 change.

Sydney Swans

B: Tadhg Kennelly, Ted Richards, Rhyce Shaw
HB: Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy, Martin Mattner
C: Nick Smith, Brett Kirk, Jarrad McVeigh
HF: Daniel Hannebery, Ryan O'Keefe, Josh Kennedy
F: Trent Dennis-Lane, Adam Goodes, Paul Bevan
Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Kieren Jack

I/C (from): Lewis Jetta, Jarred Moore, Matt O'Dwyer, Mike Pyke, Sam Reid, Gary Rohan, Jesse White

In: Kennelly, O'Dwyer, Mumford, Hannebery
Out: Brett Meredith (hip)
you mean 3 possibly 4. In Hannebery, Kennelly and Mumford (all in starting line-up).

Grigg out bad loss and they want to play Anderson or browne 2 of the biggest hacks on our list in a final!!! Walker is not the player he is thought to be ! What about thorton we need a third backman to release Gibbs! You bring in experience not inexperience in a final, am i wrong? Are they going to play the inexperienced Davies, i don't agrree with this .

Look i am always positive but i don't think we have a hope in hell in beating Sydney . Thorton, Hadley for Carrazo, and Jacobs would be the three changes. I would also maybe take a risk with Mclean if Grigg doesn't play. Looks like Thorton papers have been stamped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg is a huge loss. Has been one of our in-form mids. Hadley will definitely come in, and if Carrazzo doesn't make it, then Walker or Anderson. Looks like the MC just couldn't ignore Jacob's excellent form. Understandable. Would be nice if we could have close to a full strength team at this time of the year - never seems to happen.

:)

Grigg out bad loss and they want to play Anderson or browne 2 of the biggest hacks on our list in a final!!! Walker is not the player he is thought to be ! What about thorton we need a third backman to release Gibbs! You bring in experience not inexperience in a final, am i wrong? Are they going to play the inexperienced Davies, i don't agrree with this .

Look i am always positive but i don't think we have a hope in hell in beating Sydney . Thorton, Hadley for Carrazo, and Jacobs would be the three changes. I would also maybe take a risk with Mclean if Grigg doesn't play. Looks like Thorton papers have been stamped.

I don't usually agree with these sort of passionate but not usually logical rants, but i 100% agree. I am sure the finals experience will be fantastic for Davies, but the last few weeks, he has looked very lost, and I have noticed that he gives away free kicks in very important areas. Don't want to knock the guy, but it is a bit insulting to a guy like Bret Thornton that this kid is playing in the same position, and getting a game over him.

The emergency spot in also wasted on Browne and Anderson. Why would they be emergencies? Browne seems like a good kid, but he looked very lost when he was playing, and doesn't offer that much. Besides Anderson's one incredible, heroic moment that won us a game, his doesn't have the footy skills/nous to match his athleticism. Hopefully the guys prove me wrong, but am quite irritated about the lineup.

I doubt anyone really cares about who i think should be in/out/emergency, as everyone has their opinions but

In: Jacobs, Johnson, Hadley
Out: Davies, Grigg (inj) Hampson.

Thornton, Walker and Fisher as reserves in that order.
3 players with vast experience.
Surely that is logical?

If Hadley does get the job, then every chance it will actually be Yarran left out and Walker coming in.

Gotta play Yarran - was one of the few players to take on the Sydney lock-down at Etihad.

I would play Yarran across half-back and give him open licence to run and bounce - may put the shitter up Sydney and break things open.

What do we have to lose ???

I don't usually agree with these sort of passionate but not usually logical rants, but i 100% agree. I am sure the finals experience will be fantastic for Davies, but the last few weeks, he has looked very lost, and I have noticed that he gives away free kicks in very important areas. Don't want to knock the guy, but it is a bit insulting to a guy like Bret Thornton that this kid is playing in the same position, and getting a game over him.

The emergency spot in also wasted on Browne and Anderson. Why would they be emergencies? Browne seems like a good kid, but he looked very lost when he was playing, and doesn't offer that much. Besides Anderson's one incredible, heroic moment that won us a game, his doesn't have the footy skills/nous to match his athleticism. Hopefully the guys prove me wrong, but am quite irritated about the lineup.

I doubt anyone really cares about who i think should be in/out/emergency, as everyone has their opinions but

In: Jacobs, Johnson, Hadley
Out: Davies, Grigg (inj) Hampson.

Thornton, Walker and Fisher as reserves in that order.
3 players with vast experience.
Surely that is logical?

Johnson is NOT named in the squad !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just not sure on Hadley any more.
It is one thing putting your body in the way but the ball in his hands can be quite uninspiring at times.
Gets mowed down all too often for mine as well.
If it is all about getting the ball out of the centre, and with no Grigg available, I'd just about sooner see Ellard doing that job right now.

If Hadley does get the job, then every chance it will actually be Yarran left out and Walker coming in.
We'd be crazy to leave out Yarran for Walker. At least Yarran gives the team quality with his possessions and the opportunity to spark the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams: 1st Elimination Final - Carlton v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back