News Teams Rnd 17 - Carlton v WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Have no problem with Ellard or trying any new kid, but seriously how many chances do they get. I wasn't only talking about last week's game, I want someone to tell me what the hell they have done to benifit the side that Irish hasn't done.

He had a poor game while he was the main tall forward while Waite was out, yet the other 2 have done sweet F all compared to him and still get more chances.
So if we are playing our future does that mean we have given up on the season. Hendo last week 5 touches no tackle's and still get's a game, the week before it wasnt any better for him.
Hampson in last Q when Sydney took the footy off the peddle had a good game did he,
You are kidding me right, Hendo need's to develop in the 2's and Hampson is just not a footballer full stop.

Hated watching him last year in the side, and hate him being in it now

My opinion and don't honestly know what people see in him

Going my memory, Im pretty sure we drafted Hampson 1 pick before Hawthorn took Renouf, and have a look at the difference in development. So stop feeding me this crap about giving him time to develop. He's a basketballer not a footballer.

No point in having muscle and speed when you don't know how to use it

So every time you watch Hawthorn's ruck just think of what might have been.

Going my memory, Im pretty sure we drafted Hampson 1 pick before Hawthorn took Renouf, and have a look at the difference in development. So stop feeding me this crap about giving him time to develop. He's a basketballer not a footballer.

:thumbsdown: Hampson is better than Renouf.

He had a poor game while he was the main tall forward while Waite was out, yet the other 2 have done sweet F all compared to him and still get more chances.
So if we are playing our future does that mean we have given up on the season. Hendo last week 5 touches no tackle's and still get's a game, the week before it wasnt any better for him.
Hampson in last Q when Sydney took the footy off the peddle had a good game did he,
You are kidding me right, Hendo need's to develop in the 2's and Hampson is just not a footballer full stop.

Hated watching him last year in the side, and hate him being in it now

My opinion and don't honestly know what people see in him

Now you're just making stuff up. :rolleyes:

He only played a half but he was amongst it plenty.

If you can't seen the potential of Hampson you clearly have no concept of potential.

What a joke that last line is!

Besides, thanks for validating my comment that you're just making up false facts. Hampson never played basketball, it was soccer.

You don't really know what you're talking about....

wow, you have no idea.

If Hawthorn's ruck department has impressed you, I can't believe Hampson hasn't.

What has Brent Renouf done apart from fall into a premiership and jump on some cars? Hampson kicked more goals in the second half last week than Renouf has in 16 games. If Brent Renouf was at Carlton this year, he'd be fighting with Hampson, Warnock and Jacobs for that second spot behind Kreuzer, and personally, I think Jacobs is better and Hampson has more upside.

I've previously been critical of Hampson's ruckwork and I still see no improvement in the three games he's played this year, but his athleticism and quickness are impressive and worth trying to develop. As for O'hAilpin, he has to have been playing injured for a while now, because ever since the Melbourne game, he hasn't been able to break out of a jog.

2006 SECOND RND:
17 - Carlton Shaun Hampson
19 - Carlton Shaun Grigg
24 - Hawthorn Brent Renouf
32 - Adelaide Kurt Tippett

Tippett certainly looks more like a natural footballer than Hampson, but both were basketballers prior to being drafted. Tippett's game is how Carlton want Hampson to develop.

Boy I wish we had Tippet, Adelaide have sure done well with drafting talls that can play, that's not to say Hampson wont turn out but at this stage, with the rucks we have and the desire for a decent tall forward Tippet would be more valuable for us.

I love it how everyone just assumes he's a basketballer because he's tall... :D

I know Shaun Hampson played a lot of sports, but he was a basketballer too.

Other players on AFL lists from Gaelic football include Brian Donnelly, Pearce Hanley, Niall McKeever, Zach Tuohy, Michael Quinn, Conor Meredith, Jamie O'Reilly, Tommy Walsh and Chris McKaigue; Setanta O'hAilpin, hurling; Kurt Tippett, basketball; Jesse White, basketball; Sam Gilbert, rugby league; Daniel Merrett, rugby league; Mike Pyke, represented Canada in rugby union; Tom Williams, rugby union/league; Brad Moran, soccer; Shaun Hampson, basketball; Dean Brogan, recruited from the NBL; Seamus McNamara, basketball, recruited from Milwaukee, played college basketball in US; Kieran Jack, strong family background in rugby league but played our game as a junior in Sydney

Source

What a joke that last line is!

Besides, thanks for validating my comment that you're just making up false facts. Hampson never played basketball, it was soccer.

You don't really know what you're talking about....

You sure about that Im pretty sure he was. Carn't see Hampson holding down the No1 ruck spot like Renouf has this year. As for those goal's in junk time, I guess it's you that need's to learn more about the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can people actually sit behind their keyboards and criticise Henderson for last weeks effort? A forward line boasting Carey, Lockett and Dunstall together would have struggled with the rubbish that was dished up by our midfielders.

Henderson, carrying injury - and in his 9th (?) game for the Blues - is dictated to by the midfield. If the mids break the lines, run and carry and deliver, Henderson would look very good, as he has done at times through the year. If the mids are stifled, kick short, slow and play stop/start football and invariably kick the ball in the air to a 1-on-3 it makes things extremely difficult for a forward. What do people not understand about this?

You sure about that Im pretty sure he was. Carn't see Hampson holding down the No1 ruck spot like Renouf has this year. As for those goal's in junk time, I guess it's you that need's to learn more about the game.

Renouf only held it down because he is the only fit ruckman on Hawthorn's list. Wayde Skipper helps out now, but he isn't a ruckman, he's a jack-of-all-trades tall footballer like Cameron Cloke or Leigh Brown.

You are aware that Lady Susan Renouf has been Hawthorn's ONLY ruckman for much of the year?? All other options have been injured.

If Hampson played for Hawthorn he'd be fighting for the no.1 ruck spot.

So far this year we haven't used him as a ruck, so you can't exactly compare them.
If you can't see the size, speed and leap of Hampson as an enticing prospect then I tend to think you can only value immediate impact...
He's 22 FFS, he has so much time for things to click and should they do so he's going to be a bloody good player. You're just being incredibly short sighted.

So far this year we haven't used him as a ruck, so you can't exactly compare them.
If you can't see the size, speed and leap of Hampson as an enticing prospect then I tend to think you can only value immediate impact...
He's 22 FFS, he has so much time for things to click and should they do so he's going to be a bloody good player. You're just being incredibly short sighted.
I reckon if Hampson had rucked all year for Hawthorn he'd be WELL in advance of Renouf!!

You are aware that Lady Susan Renouf has been Hawthorn's ONLY ruckman for much of the year?? All other options have been injured.

My point exactly. Renouf has a nobody helping (Skipper), where as Hampson has Jacob's Kruz, and Warnock helping him to develop, and all I know is he is a Ruckman's ass@@@@.

P.S After 4 year's there is no improvement in his development only his mucscle's which are no good, seeing as he don't even know how to use them either. Like I said before with the body he has he should be hurting the opposition.

Don't hold your breath waiting to see any development from him.

My point exactly. Renouf has a nobody helping (Skipper), where as Hampson has Jacob's Kruz, and Warnock helping him to develop, and all I know is he is a Ruckman's ass@@@@.

P.S After 4 year's there is no improvement in his development only his mucscle's which are no good, seeing as he don't even know how to use them either. Like I said before with the body he has he should be hurting the opposition.

Don't hold your breath waiting to see any development from him.

Hampson spends a tiny portion of his already limited game time in the ruck so I'm not sure where you're going with this...

You think there's no improvement in his game since he was drafted? Please. :rolleyes:

After 4 year's there is no improvement in his development only his mucscle's which are no good, seeing as he don't even know how to use them either. Like I said before with the body he has he should be hurting the opposition.
Spot on.

His development hasn't improved.........it has just been consistent.:thumbsu:

So your telling me Jacob's rucked for the entire game, in the last 3 week's. Show's me how good a ruckman Hampson is, when you didn't even realise he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams Rnd 17 - Carlton v WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back