Streaming Ted Lasso

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

A little bit cliched and predictable but the right sort of ending for the style of show. Gave us some great joy across some crap Covid years.

When they first showed the plane shaking (upon landing) for a split second I got some Colonel Blake from MASH vibes.

Would have worked in the "my work here is done" sense but yeah just would not be right for this show

…but on the other hand Rupert should have melted into a pile of mess screaming “I’m melting”

Am I doing this right?

First few eps were pretty pointless. Wasnt interested in that but Zava kept me watching. Glad i did as it all ended quite with a few questions unanswered which is ok

Definitely didnt need another season with how much filler was in this one to get to the end result.

Would have liked to know more about the book though I think

First few eps were pretty pointless. Wasnt interested in that but Zava kept me watching. Glad i did as it all ended quite with a few questions unanswered which is ok

Definitely didnt need another season with how much filler was in this one to get to the end result.

Yeah one criticism I would have is they could have teased some plot lines out a bit more, instead of rushing everything into a montage. Particularly considering some of the filler they included like the Zava stuff and that stuff with Keely/Jack the leaked video.

Beard is a good example - I'm still not sure whether or not his relationship is a healthy one.

so Sam got on the national team? How? Seemed like we needed some reasoning there given the selectors were paid not to select him.

Ted should of given Nate a position on the coaching panel given he was a genius coach. Assistant coach was still a demotion from his previous job. A bit cruel to be honest to not even give him an assistant role. It was never made very clear why Nate personality and attitude changed half way through the season other then he was getting laid. He was disatisfied with being an assistent coach last season and now he is happy with even less?

Also he seemed a little too excited about beating the players he had just been coaching. Surely he would of had feelings for their plight?

Did Ted get over his anxiety issues or not? Was the message here solely that you should live near your kids no matter what? Thats all he needs to be happy?

jamie and roy are by far the best developed characters in the show. It Was great that they started focusing on jamie again in the second half of this season as he was nothing more then a minor support cast character for season 2 and the first half of season 3. At one point it almost felt like he left the show.

Dani was an underused character in the show. He should of got more air time. the Zava story was weird. He should of had more involvement in the second half of this season. was a great character. If Ted could of changed Zavas attitude then that would of been an amazing achievement.

this show finished too early. There should be more seasons.

Sam got in the National Team as in the end everyone seemed to get what they wanted. It was just a feel good ending, nothing more then that

Sam got in the National Team as in the end everyone seemed to get what they wanted. It was just a feel good ending, nothing more then that
I think the issue Seeds has with this is that it is such a big turnaround and we were given nothing in terms of what could have caused that. He has a point here, we went from Sam really having no leverage and no hope to bang! montage - you're in the team!

Racking my brain I can only figure that the failure (thanks to Rebecca) of Akufo's 'super league' somehow put him in the shit money wise, leaving his influence with the people he bribed in jeopardy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all of this

RE. the book - would love to see it actually be a real thing we could read, in a similar vein to ( and i'm showing my vintage here ) Dale Coopers diary from the OG Twin Peaks.

Would read the **** out of it

Ending wasn't perfect, but for the most part, it was appropriate... really everyone got their happy ending except for Rupert. The montage at the end was very Scrubs-like. Loved the fans getting shares in the club... a reminder that at the end of the day, the game would be nothing without the fans...

And Ted finally figured out the offside rule!!!

In my mind, Ted gets back together with Michelle eventually as she realises/has already realised that Jacob is a bit of a tool. The ending is pretty ambiguous, but the signs were all there. But very glad they didn't go there in the finale as Ted's relationship with his son was more important.

Ted proved his worth as a manager when it mattered - it was his idea to go with Nate's play (of using Jamie as a decoy).

Seems obvious that it really was a re-telling of The Wizard of Oz, but with WAY better storytelling and character development - we watched these characters grow over three seasons, culminating in seeing them reach their potential in the final game. The fact that they finished second was irrelevant - this was foreshadowed when it dawned on Ted that they only needed to finish in the top four to qualify for the Champions League. Given Richmond's history of underachievement (which is one of the reasons why Rebecca rightly sacked George Cartrick in the first place if you go back to the pilot), I'd say Rebecca made the right call in hiring someone who had at least won a trophy this millennium...

Yeah one criticism I would have is they could have teased some plot lines out a bit more, instead of rushing everything into a montage. Particularly considering some of the filler they included like the Zava stuff and that stuff with Keely/Jack the leaked video.

Beard is a good example - I'm still not sure whether or not his relationship is a healthy one.

They montaged the shit out of the ending whereas they could have spent more time with Rebecca and Dutchie, explained how Sam got into his national team, Jamie and his Dad reconciling, Trent's book, Richmond women's team.

There were a couple of episodes that were wasted with the Keely/Jack subplot that turned out to be irrelevant.

They montaged the s**t out of the ending whereas they could have spent more time with Rebecca and Dutchie, explained how Sam got into his national team, Jamie and his Dad reconciling, Trent's book, Richmond women's team.

There were a couple of episodes that were wasted with the Keely/Jack subplot that turned out to be irrelevant.
Couldn't agree more. There were 2 entire episodes at a minimum they could have moved the other stuff forward, maybe 3. Im less fussed about Sam making the national team, he deserved it, ends ok. The other stuff could have been developed and closed in the 2-3 hours they wasted

Keeley must have had a contract for x amount of screen time. No reason for it otherwise

They montaged the s**t out of the ending whereas they could have spent more time with Rebecca and Dutchie, explained how Sam got into his national team, Jamie and his Dad reconciling, Trent's book, Richmond women's team.

I guess with some of those things you can kind of connect the dots yourself but I agree, a little more scenes of that stuff instead of Keeley/Jack. The only thing I can think of was that Keely was the only person that didn't have to audition so perhaps they needed to give her more screen time.

I actually think Keeley, rather than Nate, is the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz analysis - she used to be scared of Rebecca in Season 1, she lacked the courage to say no to Shandy who was clearly unqualified for the job, she struggled to overcome Jack's love-bombing. She always had the ability to run her own firm but just needed the courage to make the hard decisions you have to make when you're the boss.

Some people are reading Nate as the Cowardly Lion, but IMO he wasn't as central to the story, and this wouldn't make as much sense, since Jamie is very obviously the Scarecrow and Roy is clearly the Tin Man. Jamie, Roy and Keeley have always been connected. Nate unlike Keeley seems to be content with a less public role.

Last edited:
Seems obvious that it really was a re-telling of The Wizard of Oz, but with WAY better storytelling and character development

Calm your farm! The Wizard of Oz is one of the greatest examples of cinematic storytelling of all time, and is still a beloved cultural touchstone 84 years later. I think Ted Lasso will likely be an obscurity soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Ted Lasso

Remove this Banner Ad

Back