Tell us something we don't already know Dougie

Remove this Banner Ad

Sy The Foto Guy

Debutant
Aug 28, 2003
Hawkins: Brown to Pies
30 September 2003 Herald Sun

BULLDOG games record-holder Doug Hawkins claims disgruntled star Nathan Brown is headed to Collingwood in a deal done just after the start of the season.

Hawkins believes the $500,000-a-year deal is a two-part contract, with half being paid by the Magpies and half by The Footy Show and Channel Nine.

Keep denying Chin man. Only your sheep are fooled.

We haven't even signed anyone and already we are cheating. Brown and Darcy are both on TFS and earlier in the year Collinwgood were going to get Darcey too with TFS support. So I guess we'll be taking Manton too. Then we'll take Hird and put him in some adds - oh someone beat us to that. Maybe Dermie and Dunstall can come out of retirement and we'll get them a bread add.

Collingwood will sign a player or two, people will complain and the cycle will continue. A Collingwood player or two will be on TFS for sure. Of course so will plenty of other players. No doubt the AFL will look at contracts and if one or two look over the odds it will be made very public by the AFL.

Personally I do not care what we do. If we do it I am sure the club is confident we can get away with it. Until the AFL gets rid of the Nthn concessions the AFL salary cap can go and get stuffed.

AFL does not like it we take them to court and dismantle the whole set-up. Get rid of the concessions NOW.

Originally posted by MarkT
We haven't even signed anyone and already we are cheating. Brown and Darcy are both on TFS and earlier in the year Collinwgood were going to get Darcey too with TFS support. So I guess we'll be taking Manton too. Then we'll take Hird and put him in some adds - oh someone beat us to that. Maybe Dermie and Dunstall can come out of retirement and we'll get them a bread add.

Collingwood will sign a player or two, people will complain and the cycle will continue. A Collingwood player or two will be on TFS for sure. Of course so will plenty of other players. No doubt the AFL will look at contracts and if one or two look over the odds it will be made very public by the AFL.
I often wonder if the idiots that start these stoopid threads, ever read your posts Mark and go "Oh...I've been a bit foolish...I'm going to have to go and reassess my position in this matter!".

They should, but I get the feeling your wasting your intelligence on them!

Originally posted by morgoth
Personally I do not care what we do. If we do it I am sure the club is confident we can get away with it. Until the AFL gets rid of the Nthn concessions the AFL salary cap can go and get stuffed.

AFL does not like it we take them to court and dismantle the whole set-up. Get rid of the concessions NOW.

Cry me a river. I was waiting for that one to surface. It wouldn't have been mentioned if the Pies won.

skipper kelly maybe its because you are a new member.
So were about 50 other footballers - are they also going to Collingwood because they were on the footy show.
Think about things before you post cra.p.

On the basis of your arguement anyone interviewed by Quartermain is going to Hawthorn.
Or anyone spoken to by Tim Lane is off to Carlton

Diug is just peeved that he went to 7 and was left without a gig. He walked out on 9 for more money but critises Brown for the same thing.

Doug is an idiot, he loves the dogs but the admin will not give him a role. Why is that? Cos he is a mung.

I would love it to be true. The reality is it cannot happen. If the Pies tried to pay him have what he is worth the AFL would examine it.

Also, the Pies have to be able to negoitate the deal with the Dogs.

How about posting the full article and not just a paragraph designed for a troll .

"But Dogs president David Smorgon yesterday dismissed Hawkins' claims as "irrelevant".
And Collingwood president Eddie McGuire said Hawkins' suggestion that Brown was a done deal was "total nonsense".
"It's an absolute disgrace," McGuire said yesterday. "Doug should know better than to say stupid things."
Smorgon said: "There's been all sorts of innuendo all year, the Collingwood one with has been around for a long time.
"We don't know anything about that officially. I think it's all irrelevant now, anyway.
"Nathan's made his call. We did our very best (to keep him), and the reality was he wasn't able to give us a commitment for reasons that only he can explain.
"Whether it's Collingwood or Richmond or whoever it's going to be, they're going to have to deal with us and satisfy us.
"I'd take with a grain of salt what Doug said, to be honest."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,7413539%5E19742,00.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of the concessions NOW.

Where was he playing on Saturday?

At one stage Voss, Akermanis, Leppitsch and Keating were all on the bench and the Pies still looked second-rate.

At the end of the day it is 22 v. 22. Give credit where credit is due.

North's lack of money didn't stop it winning 2 premierships in the 1990s (and beating Brisbane both times in the PF ;) ).

Originally posted by jimmy_clement#8
remember peoples, this is coming from dougie, they same dougie that could not pronounce "umbilical" after how many goes?

Rats, I guess this means Dougie won't be nominated for Best Supporting Actor during next years Logies.

Well...Well...Well

Are you the same troll who (on your high horse) criticised Carlton supporters on another thread for knowing they cheated all along and stood back, did nothing about John Elliot, deserved the draft penalties and fines they recieved?

HIPOCRITE:p

P.S Where's you mate TIO???

This argument that players other than Collingwood players are on TFS, therefore it is somehow selective to single out those Collingwood players who appear and accuse the pies of cheating ,shows a lack of understanding of the point, I think.

I make no comment on whether it's true or not, but the point, or the accusation, is that Collingwood have the ability to say to a player "Play with us and we'll land you a gig on TFS"

Naturally they'll have players from other clubs on as well, that's irrelevant. The other clubs can't recruit players or pay their players 'under the table' payments by getting them regular appearances on the show, Collingwood can.

Well if Dougie said it, then it has to be true, we all know how smart this guy is....So when are the rest of the Panel from the footy show coming aboard? Do we also get Hird? Maybe even Riewoldt? Hell, why not just send the whole AFL to Collingwood.

Originally posted by Whisky_McKay
skipper kelly maybe its because you are a new member.
So were about 50 other footballers - are they also going to Collingwood because they were on the footy show.
Think about things before you post cra.p.

On the basis of your arguement anyone interviewed by Quartermain is going to Hawthorn.
Or anyone spoken to by Tim Lane is off to Carlton

I doubt that Quartermain or Lane have the same influence at Channel 10 and their respective clubs, that Eddie has at Channel 9 and Collingwood. I also doubt that anyone interviewed by these 2 get contract payments as do the panelists on the Collingwood Footy Show. As for your rudeness my lad, I was unaware that people on the site had to be a member as long as you have, to have an opinion. I will now totter off into my own little cyber world and wait with baited breath to read your posts so I may learn something about football.

Thank You Sir.

Skipper Kelly

Originally posted by Sy The Foto Guy
Hawkins: Brown to Pies
30 September 2003 Herald Sun

BULLDOG games record-holder Doug Hawkins claims disgruntled star Nathan Brown is headed to Collingwood in a deal done just after the start of the season.

Hawkins believes the $500,000-a-year deal is a two-part contract, with half being paid by the Magpies and half by The Footy Show and Channel Nine.

Keep denying Chin man. Only your sheep are fooled.

Well Grayh.....er I mean Sy :)rolleyes: OK I will go along with it Baa Baa).

Looks like you and Dougie are dumb and dumber!!!!

HA! TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT ALREADY KNOW!!!!! Only the Sydney sheep are fooled!

Originally posted by The Scarecrow
Well if Dougie said it, then it has to be true, we all know how smart this guy is....So when are the rest of the Panel from the footy show coming aboard? Do we also get Hird? Maybe even Riewoldt? Hell, why not just send the whole AFL to Collingwood.

And would that bring Collingwood their 15th premiership, I strongly DOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUBTTTTTTTT IT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell us something we don't already know Dougie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back