Terry Wallace prefers to listen to the radio pre match rather than prepare for the game ahead?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said it before and I'll say it again. For all the experimental 'master strokes' there has been double the failures. Like a gambling addict people only remember the wins. How he managed to turn picking Ben Cousins up with the very last pick in the draft after every other club didn't want him in to a 'master stroke' is the latest.

Quick example.
Joel Bowden the AA defender played Defence, then was dropped for a few weeks then came back and played forward and then ended up in All-Australian form in the defence at the end of the season. What the **** Terry?
Anyway, for every 'Round 21, 2000 Vs Essendon' there are at least two absolute flops.

I dunno, Cousins looked pretty good last Thursday night, considering he break.

I'll repeat this. The last pick in the second draft. Every team had used all there picks, Richmond were the only team in the entire league with a draft pick.

I'm not saying they are stupid, it just wasn't rocket science. If Cousins is a success are people going to forget he took Kent Kingsley, Gourdis? Yep - because 1 out of 2 or 3 aint bad for Terry.

Malthouse/Leigh Matthews win games because they know what to do and they do it. They might not be reinventing the wheel but it's a more successful strategy then whatever Wallace uses. Astrology?

I'll repeat this. The last pick in the second draft. Every team had used all there picks, Richmond were the only team in the entire league with a draft pick.

I'm not saying they are stupid, it just wasn't rocket science. If Cousins is a success are people going to forget he took Kent Kingsley, Gourdis? Yep - because 1 out of 2 or 3 aint bad for Terry.

Malthouse/Leigh Matthews win games because they know what to do and they do it. They might not be reinventing the wheel but it's a more successful strategy then whatever Wallace uses. Astrology?

You find it hard to let go don't you?
By the way Matthews doesn't coach anymore and Malthouse won't be after this year

Friday, Saturday or Sunday - he listen's to the radio prematch. Surely he has better things to do as an AFL coach???
I'm not his biggest fan but if he's still fine tuning his game plan 2 hours before a game then yeah, there is something to worry about.

How come all the negativaty toward Terry comes from Hawthorn & Bulldogs supporters?
You are a bitter bunch

Friday, Saturday or Sunday - he listen's to the radio prematch. Surely he has better things to do as an AFL coach???

Yeah, he sits in the changerooms by himself with a radio glued to his ear. He had said in the past he listens to it on the way to the game. Nothing wrong with that. FFS. :rolleyes:

No more 'Tuesday's with the Tanned One'? What happens if the Tigers string a few wins together (unlikely I know), Terry won't be able to keep himself out of the papers and off TV telling us all how good he is.

Too little, too late Terry

Terry’s decision to cut back on the media and focus on the Richmond Football Club for his final year of his contract has come 5 years too late. In today’s Herald Sun Terry reasoned for cutting back on the media for season 2009. If I were a Richmond supporter I would be infuriated that he has finally focused on doing his job in his final year of a 5 year contract.

My personal opinion is that irrespective of where they come this year (unless a Top 6 finish) Terry should not be renewed. Terry has had 5 years to turn this club around. A promise he made to the supporters, members and players. The fact is at the end of 2007 they were in a worse position then they were in 2004 IMO.

Yes, they are now on the up, but anyone with that time, and draft selections could have done so.

It is a consensus among the footy world that its “finals or bust” however I am of the opinion that one finals campaign in a five year contract is not good enough.

Any other views?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Too little, too late Terry

well when the star player of he team (richo) can'not kick from 10 meters out you will not blame the coach

Terry should be remembered as one of histories greatest geniuses.
He has managed to coach at AFL level for 10+ years with absolutely no coaching ability whatsoever. Normally coaches with his ability don’t last past 2 season such as Peter Rhode. Terry is a great spin doctor and has done an amazing job to bluff two AFL clubs to leave him in charge for so long.

Lmao once again at how some people think Terry does things out of the norm compared to other coaches to the determent of the team.Tuesday,s with Terry,Big deal,30 mins out of a week,Listen,s to pre-game radio.Geez thats a total of 120 mins out of the week where he,s doing what he should be doing:rolleyes:

He's such a professional, he doesn't need to do last minute homework on the opposition :D
The threads you Hawk supporters come up with.
Very amusing :eek:

So if all the media he does is fine and there are no problems listening to the radio pre match why has he come out now and said he will change to concentrate more on coaching?
You would expect that for the last four years 100% of his available time allocated to football would be spent on coaching and any spare time he had would be spent on health and fitness and spending time with his family.

As a long time Hawk supporter, nothing I like more than putting the old size 11's into Terry Tan.
But seriously, there's nothing to do the hour before a match. If you need to do something then, well it's too late.
Professional coaches plan and execute all week to get a team prepared, with an hour to go it's just wait around until the action starts.
With so many assistant coaches, trainers, fitness advisors, strappers, everybody is doing their job getting the players ready for the match, the coach just needs to keep an eye on things and wait for the ball to be bounced.

So if all the media he does is fine and there are no problems listening to the radio pre match why has he come out now and said he will change to concentrate more on coaching?
Show me where he said his media work has effected his coaching?:rolleyes:

Terry should be remembered as one of histories greatest geniuses.
He has managed to coach at AFL level for 10+ years with absolutely no coaching ability whatsoever. Normally coaches with his ability don’t last past 2 season such as Peter Rhode. Terry is a great spin doctor and has done an amazing job to bluff two AFL clubs to leave him in charge for so long.

Premierships in the last 10 years:

Wallace - 0
Malthouse - 0

I'm not his biggest fan but if he's still fine tuning his game plan 2 hours before a game then yeah, there is something to worry about.

How come all the negativaty toward Terry comes from Hawthorn & Bulldogs supporters?
You are a bitter bunch
Because through experience we have learnt what a knob he is:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry Wallace prefers to listen to the radio pre match rather than prepare for the game ahead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back