Tex back this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible that the crowd numbers they publish only include paid tickets? Such as your regular ticket at the gate purchase. Maybe they don't count the free crows memberships? Not sure why they would do this, but I haven't been to a crows reserves game yet. Do they give you a stub?

Nope, you just show your ticket as you walk in and they press their little clicker to count the number of people coming in.

Look, Bruce - the numbers for round 1 were just wrong. No way did they only have 4500 and I'd still suggest it was a 60/40 spilt between North Adelaide and crows.

Last week - I'd say 6,000 (4000 on the western side and 2000 on the outer and Eastern hill) with at least 2000 crows fans at Elizabeth.

I think they are fudging the numbers, I don't know why but that's the impression I am getting.

I just quickly added up that only 4 teams who have played infront of more people than us this year. 2 of the 3 teams we have played against are well below us on the tally. I think its been a success so far.

I compared our game to our opponents equivalent game last year, crowds go up when we play. If a lot of people are supporters of the home club that don't usually go but want to see us play then oh well its the same benefit to the SANFL club.

I think maybe going to an SANFL game at this stage will be a lot more laid back for a Crows supporter than the home team so less fan gear etc so we probably wouldn't stand out as much.

Is it possible that the crowd numbers they publish only include paid tickets? Such as your regular ticket at the gate purchase. Maybe they don't count the free crows memberships? Not sure why they would do this, but I haven't been to a crows reserves game yet. Do they give you a stub?

No stub given.

The North Adelaide game I only noticed they has one person with a crowd counter but had 3 gates open. I didn't notice if the dude on the gate at Elizabeth had one.

Oh Walkerrr...he's a colossus. He's kicked five, he's been a handful...he's been the DIFFERENCE.

With Tex and Eddie in our forward 50 I think we will be absolutely destructive, especially once throwing Dangerfield in there too, we will be seriously scary down in our forward line. Eddie and Tex will be setting up plenty of goals as well as kicking bags themselves.

I remember that game so clearly had a lot of money riding on the Crows that night. Imagine how I must have been feeling halfway during that match. Then Tex comes out and turns it on its head.

You'd have to think there'll be 15,000 at Adelaide Oval tomorrow, upwards of 10,000 at Glenelg Oval, over 4000 at Alberton for Port v Westies, and probably 2000 each at Elizabeth and Unley.

Could be a minor round record for attendance total.

What were the attendances at these games pre Crows like?

You'd have to think there'll be 15,000 at Adelaide Oval tomorrow, upwards of 10,000 at Glenelg Oval, over 4000 at Alberton for Port v Westies, and probably 2000 each at Elizabeth and Unley.

Could be a minor round record for attendance total.
Na, the league had solid crowds prior to the afl days

Have you been to any? I've been to two so far and the number of people supporting both teams at once has amused me a little. From what I saw at the two games, and I'm going again tomorrow, there are always crows fans around amongst the home team crowd.

Yep was at the game last week - which was about 99% Centrals. I reckon there would've been less than 100 Crows supporters in attendance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you at the game?

Yes I was.

The train track side (members side) was packed but the other side of the ground and mainly the southern end (the grand central end) had mostly crows supporters.

As I said earlier, I estimated about 6000 people and 2000 of them were crows supporters.

batuzuga.jpg

For those going to the game tonight, I don't care if he doesn't even kick a goal in his first outing, all I want to hear is: "He doesn't appear to have lost his agility"... would hate it if he lost that trademark sidestep of his (the one he showed off against Fremantle in the 2012 semi-final - actually the one he's shown pretty much every time he's played Fremantle).

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex back this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back