TFLUA-Tiger's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on! Now you've just got a little bit silly, and have changed it to us having no Full Forward. Currently we have Murphy and Campbell, as well as Drum, as tall forwards ho have not been getting regular games. At the moment Pavlich and Tarrant rotate through the key forward posts quite nicely thankyou. Our forward line is fine, especially talls, but developing Jacky as a replacement for Farmer makes sense.

In terms of rough positions I think you did extremely well, however I'm not sure about how you have drafted for the specific clubs' needs.

There is no chance in hell that St Kilda would use 4 picks without taking a single midfielder. Midfield is the number one priority and we desperately need young midfield talent. Certainly can't see Masten lasting until pick 10.

I agree with that.

Once again, I commend the effort but heres some constructive criticism from the Roo's side of things.

Veszpremi - Good selection. However for the wrong reason. Mentioned in the other thread, the Kangaroo's have plenty of mungral, and arn't going to draft tough players, purely because Glenn Archer has retired. If you had of drafted him to become an outside/inside reciever, to use his great kicking, id be all for it.

Notte - Good selection, no qualms with that.

Putt - "Kangaroos could do with a ruckman to allow Petrie to play as a permanent forward and take the punt on Putt."

Dont quite understand the rationale.

Did you forget we have Todd Goldstein on our list, along with Hale and McIntosh?

Seeing as Drew played hardly any time in the ruck this year, I assume you would want Putt to play as a CHB/FB, so when Nathan Thompson returns, Petrie would play CHF and David Hale the second ruckman to McIntosh?

Dont think North will go anywhere near a ruckman in the main draft, maybe a rookie.

I think either another outside midfielder, or CHB/CHF would have been alot better at this pick, because Putt would be seriously wasted at the Kangaroo's.

P.S: For all future Phantoms, Blake Grima was delisted this week, so the Roo's would now have 4 picks in the draft.

Would be very happy with McEvoy and Scotty Sellwood.

Though it would be a tough choice if Rance and McEvoy were both available considering they both cater for our needs.

Great work!! I think Ebert, Myers and Rioli will all be gone by Adelaide's pick @ 10. Just a matter of who will be there or slide through.

Hang on! Now you've just got a little bit silly, and have changed it to us having no Full Forward. Currently we have Murphy and Campbell, as well as Drum, as tall forwards ho have not been getting regular games. At the moment Pavlich and Tarrant rotate through the key forward posts quite nicely thankyou. Our forward line is fine, especially talls, but developing Jacky as a replacement for Farmer makes sense.

That's an oversight yes.

I'm not changing it all around.

I understand there will be problems with my order but i'm not changing it on your say-so, no offence.

Oh and Pykie, thanks for the advice.

Pick 17 > Geelong - Jarrod Grant - 191cm, 77kgs- Dandenong Stingrays (Key Fwd)

Geelong has pretty much a complete side despite being a little short in Key Forward and key back stocks. Grant is an athlete first and foremost – he has great speed and a huge motor. His contested marking is good and his disposal is very good. Question marks hang over the amount of times he floats in and out of games and more importantly his attitude. Geelong sorted it out with Steven Johnson – so why not Grant? And if anyone has the time to experiment with players, it is Geelong.

I think our key forward stocks with Mooney, Nathan Ablett and next year hopefully a fitter Hawkins are actually pretty much as good as any team going around.

Its our key backs that need most attention. Do you think that Grant has the capacity to play down back in time? Do you think he has the discipline to adjust to a negating role? If not would Collier, if still available, be a more appropriate pick?

By the way, terrific mock draft.

Collier would yes, probably be a better pick up for Geelong, but I was being a bit impartial and wanted to pick him up for Richmond.

Grant could do anything he just needs to set his mind to it and work hard at it. He struggles in this department currently.

He could play in the back line, will he do it, does he have the discipline? Probably not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's an oversight yes.

I'm not changing it all around.

I understand there will be problems with my order but i'm not changing it on your say-so, no offence.

Oh and Pykie, thanks for the advice.

First off, well done Tiger. Best read on this board I reckon. It must be a hell of a hard job to consider the needs and wants of every club to pick the most suitable player for them.

Gav's point was good and I see you've acknowledged that, fair enough not changing it too. He was right that Freo would look at Jackey, but I think Dulic would be my preference. Our key back stocks are a little thin with Grover and McPharlin the only defenders suited to playing key position. The others can fill in, but are not long term prospects against the best forwards.

I'll be looking out for your contributions around draft time next year (and through the season) :thumbsu:

First off, well done Tiger. Best read on this board I reckon. It must be a hell of a hard job to consider the needs and wants of every club to pick the most suitable player for them.

Gav's point was good and I see you've acknowledged that, fair enough not changing it too. He was right that Freo would look at Jackey, but I think Dulic would be my preference. Our key back stocks are a little thin with Grover and McPharlin the only defenders suited to playing key position. The others can fill in, but are not long term prospects against the best forwards.:

And yet the coaching staff still swing MacPharlin forward??? Plenty of backmen able to play multiple roles in the team. The main improvement in our backline will come from a more complete defensive game, and a better midfield.

And yet the coaching staff still swing MacPharlin forward??? Plenty of backmen able to play multiple roles in the team. The main improvement in our backline will come from a more complete defensive game, and a better midfield.

I did say that the others could fill in, but weren't long term prospects. Thornton, Dodd, Johnson etc are good against some opposition talls but I don't think they could handle the cream of the opposition forwards consistently. That doesn't mean they're bad players, they're just suited to different roles. I wouldn't be concerned at all with our key defensive depth if we had've kept Haddrill on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

TFLUA-Tiger's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back