FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to get more past players and legends in the studio for interviews like they did in the Ed days.

A very slow, uneventful show last night..

You should have read what the old fossil as they call him on the footy show wrote on his facebook page.
Sam is a controversial person who speaks his mind. Many people hate him and give him their two cents worth.
He needs to be told when to keep his thoughts to himself on various topics. Especially with the topic of Homophobia. It's a person's right to make the choice to be gay or straight. There's no need to go over the top with the media about it. People choose to watch and listen whilst others choose to avoid the whole thing.
Sam chooses to give everyone a piece of his mind when it comes to controversial topics when simply he should remember this phrase if you have nothing nice to say you would be better to keep it to yourself.

Choice???

Sam was spinning a bit of bullshit, coz he was rewriting history, to a degree.

Tonight he reckons he said that it was the over-the-top coverage of the gay guy -- and the focus on his sexuality -- that was gratuitous, but he actually said: "that's an annoyingly, gratuitous act. Kissing your boyfriend......blatant....for the camera.", etc.
Listen to how they all immediately jump down his throat. They wouldn't have reacted like that had he said what he reckons tonight he said.

I've lost count of the amount of times that Sam has been (for lack of a better word) gratuitous over the years, he is not only an ignoramus but a hypocrite as well.

Had to love the promotion of Garry's "world exclusive" interview with Hugh Jackman... only to then see Jackman being interviewed on the NRL Footy Show as well!

and The Project last Friday,The Living Room tonight,plus all the radio interviews he did last week.

The footage of Bill's dalliance with politics is absolutely hilarious every time. "So, Billy, what are your thoughts about the independence of the Auditor-General?" :D

I was personally hoping to see that footage of Billy being "lifted" by that weight lifter, and after putting him up in the air just dropped him back on the ground.

He really hurt him. :D

And "where's the wheel"?!?! At the logies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choice???
It's your choice that you want to watch what Sam has to say. You choose to make comments about him. We aren't forced to watch the afl footy show.
Sam's been controversial for nearly all of his media career. I'm merely saying there's nothing wrong with causing controversy if you know what it is exactly you are about to say. After all we are debating Sam's opinion on issues that he doesn't like to hear about or see in the game. He chooses to be controversial.
Just like you are choosing to debate my opinion of what Sam said. I choose not to care about what it is you think but it's rude to post it up so I choose not to post things that are going to sound rude and that get me into trouble.

It's your choice that you want to watch what Sam has to say. You choose to make comments about him. We aren't forced to watch the afl footy show.
Sam's been controversial for nearly all of his media career. I'm merely saying there's nothing wrong with causing controversy if you know what it is exactly you are about to say. After all we are debating Sam's opinion on issues that he doesn't like to hear about or see in the game. He chooses to be controversial.
Just like you are choosing to debate my opinion of what Sam said. I choose not to care about what it is you think but it's rude to post it up so I choose not to post things that are going to sound rude and that get me into trouble.

I wasn't planning on debating your opinion on Sam's behaviour/persona and your response above is completely unrelated to the sentence I bolded and was questioning, which was:

" It's a person's right to make the choice to be gay or straight."

I was curious as to why you think it's a choice people make, that is all.

It was the best show in a while, coz the 99% of the players bore the absolute shit out of me:

"Yeah nah, I reckon the Hawks'll win, coz they're goin' good. Roughy's been clunkin' a few. They spread well, they've got good leg-speed; they're the 4th in the league in inside 50s, 3rd in clearances, 2nd in tackle-count; their kicking accuracy is up 13.4% on last year, they're first in contested possessions, and they haven't lost a 4th quarter all year. "

Repeat 9 times, times 2 players = BOR FARKIN RING!!!

Then the hosts waste more time humouring the players by pretending they're funny and interesting. Who gives a heck?! :p

Sam doing "street talk" in the buff on a nudist beach in Autumn... Has Footy Show officially "Jumped the Shark"?
TFS jumped the shark imo when Crawford rubbed his arse crack along Newmans nose and mouth. That was in no way defensible as an attempt at humour, and was a disservice to the credibility of the program, and the participants thereof.

With profuse apologies to AtomicBlonde, I didn't need to witness that, and I have had difficulty watching TFS ever since. It may have been good for ratings, but it trashed the credibility I had apportioned the program.

Barely able to watch it since.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back