thank god the port adelaide jumper issue is put to rest

Remove this Banner Ad

and the merry go round continues. they are called trolls and you fellow supporters biting are called fish...

we know who we are thats all the matters, win in that league, win in this league, it doesnt matter as long as we are winning. haters are going to hate regardless of what you have to say.

i dont get this thread

the jumper issue was put to bed years ago and now we have our current 'back in black' guernsey which everyone loves.

We Port supporters accept we cant have our traditional Prison Bar guernsey in the AFL and have moved on long before the merger.

Personally i love the prison bar guernsey and i also love our current AFL guernsey

its a non issue

all i care about is that the PAFC and PAMFC are one club again

1870-1996 - PAFC in the SANFL
1997-2010 - PAFC in the AFL
1997-2010 - PAMFC in the SANFL
2011-onwards - PAFC in the AFL and SANFL

its not hard to understand

and i couldnt give a rats clacker whether VFL premierships are better than SANFL premierships or visa versa
My club has won plenty of premierships that i am very proud of.... regardless of the league they were won in

i love the 1989 premiership vs North Adelaide as much as i love the 2004 premiership vs Brisbane

Oh I agree. I'm sorry if I left the impression of a mere coincidence. There are clear numerous debates crossing each other in this thread. Interesting stuff.

No worries mate. You didn't, and I wasn't just directing that post at you, but for all of those who post as though the VFL's strength only suddenly came to the fore and that for all-time previously, states with one quarter the population had leagues of equal quality; and that to suggest VFL as stronger is downright idiocy and arrogance. Hands off it to those guys I reckon.

Right or Wrong the WA and SA impression is often that of a Victoria who viewed the rest of the nations comps as more farm leagues

Not a fan of the round ball game, so that comparison escapes me.

I don't think those who were watching football at the time would ever have thought SANFL and WAFL as feeder comps and many would have even had a team they favoured from those leagues that they kept an eye on.

A few younger guys who don't know shit might believe it though. I had someone the other day telling me how Jimmy Clement was a far better player than Bruce Doull. Having been told so often that all opinions have some validity, a lot of young blokes simply can't conceive of how badly their imaginations mislead them.

And I feel the same way about the guys who post that SANFL and WAFL were equally as strong league's compared to the VFL until the 70-80's. This is just an emotional statement that people want to be true ... but isn't.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105237/default.aspx

Finally we can all move on with the merger of the port Adelaide magpies and port adelaide power, so we can finally agree that there has this far been two clubs and historically Port adelaide Power have been trying to usurp the port adelaide magpies history to claim some sort of black and white history.

there is only one black and white

Go **** yourself.

We will write our own history, we don't need any Broadmeadows bogans misinterpreting it for us.

Bring on Round 1 bitch.

If the SANFL was the equal, (which we all know it wasnt, because Vic clubs did all the big recruiting of most of the big name players from interstate) then the SANFL should have taken the running and tried to nationalise their comp.

But you go on believing that the SANFL comp was equal, all of us in the know will humour you to some degree.

BTW, the VFL is the AFL, just a name change and a few interstate clubs added to send money our way.:thumbsu: thanks for that:D. The AFL acknowledge all games and flags won within the VFL until it changed its name. And to confirm that the AFL was the old VFL, the VFL prior to 1990, had 3 interstate clubs playing under the banner of the VFL.

VFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SANFL
AFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SANFL

Anyone believing anything else, truly is the epitome of daft, stupid and a dill;)

Another Collingwood supporter that can't read. Hmmm, I shouldn't be suprised. :thumbsdown:

Port Adelaide FC known as the Power/Magpies Hybrids EST 2010.

Can the AFL make the changes to the back of their jumper now.

Oh god! Not this old chestnut again. Who cares! Everyone knows that the Port Adelaide that entered the AFL was a newly formed club which had its origins in the PAFC of SANFL origin. They were not the same club but I guess it makes sense that Port Power fans associate the history of Port Adelaide Magpies because of the affiliation. That affiliation has now become a full merger and so I don't see any problem there. The only sticking point is the jumper and frankly the argument has been done to death. The agreement to allow a Port Adelaide affiliated club into the AFL was conditional on them relinquishing any claim to the black and white and to the Magpies nickname. END OF STORY! Why do we need to recycle this BS every 6 months?

You, like every other Collingwood supporter, have no friggin idea about our club, so don't pretend you do.

The Power, which is the Port Adelaide Football Club, was the very same club that was established in 1870, formerly known as the Magpies. We only changed our name and jumper because of your friggin club chucking hissy fits. We can understand you cant have two different AFL clubs with the same nickname, but the black and white jumper issue is bloody ridiculous. They look nothing alike.

The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club took our place in the SANFL.

You, like every other Collingwood supporter, have no friggin idea about our club, so don't pretend you do.

The Power, which is the Port Adelaide Football Club, was the very same club that was established in 1870, formerly known as the Magpies. We only changed our name and jumper because of your friggin club chucking hissy fits. We can understand you cant have two different AFL clubs with the same nickname, but the black and white jumper issue is bloody ridiculous. They look nothing alike.

The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club took our place in the SANFL.
Correction... I, like every other person in the known world knows nothing about the PAFC and couldn't care less. Point taken, end of discussion!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

thank god the port adelaide jumper issue is put to rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back