The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumors thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Moomba in this case about the quality of the player. Must've missed the part where he became the best player in the Premiership. Not sure whether he is what Chelsea really need.

Best player in the Prem? Who said that? Prices for players are determined by what other clubs buy players for. With Torres going for 50m, Carroll for 35m and Henderson and Jones for 20m, Modders is worth 35-40m minimum. Add in a 5 year contract and it goes up.

As for Chelsea I dare say with Torres having a midfielder that controls the entire tempo of the game would be pretty handy. It's great to have guys like Essien that run 100mph for an entire match in the EPL but in Europe you need something different.

Sunderland with around 50m - 60m to spend will sign Seb Larrson from Birmingham, and are looking to offload Gordon to Arsenal for around 2.5m-3m with the impending arrival of Westwood.

fair enough mate but can we take Carroll for 35m out of the equation please otherwise EVERY SINGLE transfer for the next few months will be worth 40m+ on that formula.

Darius Vassell (wherever the **** he is) will go for 30m, if someone can get him on the cheap.

Vass is at Leicester now I think.

Why is it that supporters of selling clubs always use the most expensive players as benchmarks, and supporters of buying clubs always use the bargains.

Should the value of a defender be defined by the fact that you can get quality like Kompany for £6m, or someone was prepared to spend £22m on Lescott. For me, it's somewhere in between, no way is Modric worth more than £30m though in my opinion. And if your going to quote £20m for Henderson why not £23m for Silva (a much better comparison IMO).

Anyway, a few hints being dropped that Modric is preparing to backtrack a bit on his earlier statement. Makes a sale more unlikely, but then I guess it depends on how desperate Chelsea are to buy him.

Should the value of a defender be defined by the fact that you can get quality like Kompany for £6m, or someone was prepared to spend £22m on Lescott. For me, it's somewhere in between, no way is Modric worth more than £30m though in my opinion. And if your going to quote £20m for Henderson why not £23m for Silva (a much better comparison IMO).

Actually a better comparison for the Silva transfer was Modric to Spurs for 16m. So yes we bought him for 16m, have signed him up to a 6 year contract with a big sign on fee and will then sell him for < 30m. Yeah somehow I don't think that is happening.

Moomba we have come 4th and 5th in the last 2 seasons and made the QF of the CL, yet according to you we don't have a great player among them. Harry must be the best manager in England.

moomba, what happened to your you have to include the wages in the whole picture line of thinking. Ive actually done a 180 and jumped on board with that one now. The discrepancy between wages for a bloke like Jordan Henderson to a bloke like David Silva (similar type of fees) means its now very relevant in todays game

Modric is worth 35 mill. Chelsea however will do everything humanely possible to include a player in said deal. Tottenham are doing everything possible to sign a replacement up before Modric is sold and stalling negotiations aslong as possible.

IMO Tottenham should make a 30 mill pound bid for Marek Hamsik. Give him Modrics wages and say to Chelsea we need atleast 30 mill + a player. Player should be a Daniel Sturridge. Flog Defoe off and replace him with Sturridge. A man who is much more suited to the role Defoe is currently trying to play with Tottenham (isolated little man with some hold up ability). Defoe would command 10 mill from a Sunderland/Newcastle/Stoke.

With AVB set to take charge it may make a difference to just how much Chelsea want Modric. AVB not Mick Malthouse was IMO the first person to invent the forward press. AVB will want midfielders not only with pace and creativity but once who can harass and show some defensive initiative. Is Modric the man to do this or will they turn to a Hamsik instead?

Doubling your money in a couple of years on a player isn't bad business at all.

And I'm not sure I've ever said you don't have a great player. I wouldn't spend £30m on a poor one.

We wouldn't be doubling our money though if we got less than 30. In fact we'd most likely be losing it after sign on bonuses and of course the infamous loyalty bonus.

speaking of Downing. Apollo would know. Is this him?

downing.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn't a certainty already that Sanchez is going to Barcelona, it is now

Actually it's not. The player Barcelona want to send to Udinese has said no to the move, so the deal is still on hold. Krkic would have been prefect for the deal, but it's almost certain he's going to Roma now for $10m euros.

Actually it's not. The player Barcelona want to send to Udinese has said no to the move, so the deal is still on hold. Krkic would have been prefect for the deal, but it's almost certain he's going to Roma now for $10m euros.
err, I think you missed the point mate.

pep must've seen something last season lads. a couple of well executed theatrical rolls in quick succession, an opposition player sent off, a laughable penalty, harassing the referee, something was the lighthouse to pep's transfer ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back