The 2015 Attendance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyhow, the 9,000 at Metricon yesterday. I don't think it was a genuine reflection of the actual attendance from my vantage point on TV. Discuss:

9000 was accurate. The main entrances to the ground are behind the goals to the right of screen. Most fans are GA and that whole bottom bowl from the right half fwd flank across to behind the goal/left pocket is the go-to spot for fans. That would be 80%plus full. So that would be about 3-4k. Then another few k in main grandstand (off camera) and another k here and another k there. Easily 9k.
When crowds are large (>15k) its only then you see the seats on the outer wing fill up. Worst seats in the house.

2015aflcrowdsR18.png

Tigers now the highest attended team this year after Collingwood's dismal crowd on Saturday. AFL must be thanking it's lucky stars at least one of the big Vic teams is in the mix or this could have been an absolutely disastrous season for crowds if it isn't already. Victoria crowds in particular becoming a real concern now I think. Richmond's recent on field success may be masking it a bit but even our crowds have been below par for a few games which has been disappointing.

Tigers now the highest attended team this year after Collingwood's dismal crowd on Saturday. AFL must be thanking it's lucky stars at least one of the big Vic teams is in the mix or this could have been an absolutely disastrous season for crowds if it isn't already. Victoria crowds in particular becoming a real concern now I think. Richmond's recent on field success may be masking it a bit but even our crowds have been below par for a few games which has been disappointing.

Tiges :thumbsu:, cheaper food :confused: ???

agree this game will only draw approx. 50k , the magpies struggling and the blues just terrible

but if these two teams played friday night battling for top 4 the game would have been a sell out

If its a nice sunny Saturday I reckon 48K max on the other hand if its miserable and wet this could well dip below 40K. I don't think is has happened since 1991 when they played at Waverley on a shocking day with both teams in putrid form.

how does a game b/w two teams battling for top 4 with "allegedly"each with 70k members draw only 66k

Because half the stadium is afl reserve and MCC, which Richmond doesn't feature very strongly in compared to the other Melbourne clubs (don't know sit for Hawks)

AFL obviously don’t want to maximise crowds by putting Richmond Vs North at Etihad in Round 23.
This game could shape the top 4 and almost will shape the top 8. This could of pulled 60000 at the Tigers actual Home ground, now its likely to struggle to reach 35000 at Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because half the stadium is afl reserve and MCC, which Richmond doesn't feature very strongly in compared to the other Melbourne clubs (don't know sit for Hawks)
1. Half ?
2. When are 50k Tiger members going to be the first to sell out the MCG in home & away OR will the Magpies beat you to it?

1. Half ?
2. When are 50k Tiger members going to be the first to sell out the MCG in home & away OR will the Magpies beat you to it?

1) yes half. Roughly 25k for the afl reserve and roughly 25k for the MCC reserve.

2) already happened. Been plenty of games at them where all public areas are sold out

If we can move one game from Docklands back to our former home ground that would be great. I doubt it'll happen though. This would mean we'd get Geelong at the MCG which pulled some good crowds there in the 90s.

Is the bombers moving another game to the MCG during a rebuild the best idea? I mean Etihad may be a good excuse to cover the bad crowds coming bombers way!

AFL obviously don’t want to maximise crowds by putting Richmond Vs North at Etihad in Round 23.
This game could shape the top 4 and almost will shape the top 8. This could of pulled 60000 at the Tigers actual Home ground, now its likely to struggle to reach 35000 at Etihad.

They have contractual obligations to provide at least 30 games a year to Eithad that could potentially sellout. This is probably one of them.

Anything over 40k for Collingwood and Carlton would be an OK result because 40k is all it would draw were there no 'rivalry'.

I think you are probably understating by a few thousand.

Bad form an all though they are in Collingwood at home can still final. They have not given up the ghost.

However about 30 to 40,000 combined Pies/Blues who would have turned up a few years ago won't be there. Further evidence as if it were needed that no one is immune to the immutable law that AFL attendances are ultra sensitive to form and expectation.

We may be consistently inconsistent on the field, but we're a pretty good draw crowd for Adelaide, think we have drew 50000 3/4 times ?

50094 a good crowd :)

#tryingtodrawapositive

Except the final official figure will drop below 50k. Every week around 1,200 to 1,500 disappears from the figure given on match day at Adelaide Oval.

I think you are probably understating by a few thousand.

Bad form an all though they are in Collingwood at home can still final. They have not given up the ghost.

However about 30 to 40,000 combined Pies/Blues who would have turned up a few years ago won't be there. Further evidence as if it were needed that no one is immune to the immutable law that AFL attendances are ultra sensitive to form and expectation.

Having just arrived at the G all I can say is either everyone's still in line for beers and pies or this is going to be a horrendously bad crowd. It's less than last week at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2015 Attendance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back