List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield and depth and class is shocking heading into 19

We are in deep shit

Hopefully we have some targets in mind. If he is indeed on $800k, that’s some significant cash opened up in our salary cap.

Add that to hopefully at least half Tippett money and it would be close to 10% of the salary cap

Hopefully we have some targets in mind. If he is indeed in $800k, that’s some significant cash opened up in our salary cap.

Dylan Shiel is worth having a chat too, his girlfriend is here and reportedly really likes it in Sydney, GWS need to free cap space.

Would give us the speed in the midfield that we are currently lacking.

Dylan Shiel is worth having a chat too, his girlfriend is here and reportedly really likes it in Sydney, GWS need to free cap space.

I will make this happen.

I will make this happen.

Just to back up what I heard,

Shiel told Triple M in July that he wasn’t planning on a move despite rumours to the contrary.

“Unless the Giants are exploring flicking me at the end of the year, at this stage I’m pretty happy up here and I’m contracted until the end of next year,” Shiel said.

“I’m enjoying my time here and I certainly haven’t looked at any options to leave at the end of this year.

“I’m pretty settled in Sydney with my partner, Georgie.”

Absolutely!

Surely we are targeting someone. No way we planned to have Tippett (maybe half) and Hannebery (and maybe Rohan, Newman) off our books. McVeigh and Grundy may have got smaller offers.

One thing is for sure, we definitely have the cash to retain Lloyd now should we want to. If he leaves now it is absolutely because we are unwilling to pay more you’d think.

We have to spend the cash!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bear Hannebery no ill will, and I doubt anyone else does either. He's always worked hard for us, and had some excellent seasons before he really fell away in 2017-18. Good luck to him at his new club, expected to be St Kilda

The rumour is we get Acres in return from Hanners with some draft swaps but from memory that draft swap was their first round for our first round.

Either way I'd expect player swap than a draft pick for Hanners
Now that’s a good deal, we’re probably doing the ****ing for once but if they want him, they pay!

I'm with Andyjh, and I'm obviously watching the same team as him! Comparing this years team to the 2016 team is ludicrous imo

What hahahaha?

How can't you compare 2018 to the teams in 2017 and 2016? More than half of the team is still there... smh

Plus, i wasn't comparing 2016 to the idea that this season we should've been that good... I used 2016 as an example as to how not so long ago, we were very good, which is why the expectations for 2018 were still high.

Hanners for Paddy? They are prepared to part ways with him.
I can assure you that's not the case. Club knows they've invested too much in him and are confident he can still be a very good player.

The rumour is we get Acres in return from Hanners with some draft swaps but from memory that draft swap was their first round for our first round.

Either way I'd expect player swap than a draft pick for Hanners
Can't see us trading one of our better prospects and downgrading a top 5 pick when we lack star talent, most Sydney people seem to be happy to let him move on (as far as I'm aware) and will provide significant cap relief - does a future second not get it done?

Apologies for the intrusion, but interested to know what Swannies supporters think.

Hanners has been a gun sad to see him go.
Be spewing if we bend over on the trade table again though, I understand we might want to get rid of the salary...but over the nice guy shit at the trade table. Other clubs continually try and bend each other over and the trade table and it never hurts their ability to get future deals done.
None of these over clubs ever return the favour when we give good players away for cheap, and St. Kilda has been one we've thrown a few bones to over the years as well. They can't expect to offer a player a 5 year mega $ deal and not give up something meaningful, surely this time we put our foot down and get a decent return for once.

A man can dream, can't he.....
In
Mcarten, Shiel, Lynch, Moore
Out
Rohan, Hanners,Reid, - sold
Johnson,Grundy, Jack- retired

I can assure you that's not the case. Club knows they've invested too much in him and are confident he can still be a very good player.

Can't see us trading one of our better prospects and downgrading a top 5 pick when we lack star talent, most Sydney people seem to be happy to let him move on (as far as I'm aware) and will provide significant cap relief - does a future second not get it done?

Apologies for the intrusion, but interested to know what Swannies supporters think.

Like Rohan, I think he needs to go home for the sake of his football among, other things.
Both these boys have got the best out of themselves at our club & need the new challenge with families near by.

Hanners will be a gun for sure once he settles & you'll get the 4 or 5 years out of him.
What we get in return, who knows, but I don't think the club is ever unreasonable when we do trades with clubs & more recently, we helped the Saints out a little with their recruitment of Carlisle. Let's just see what happens without all the nonsense trade deals we fans all tend to get carried away with.
I wish Hanners & Gaz well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back