List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Frost is not worth any more than an average salary. If he can get it elsewhere, then i really dont care if we have nobody to replace him. Defence is not our priority, fwd and wings are. Addressing those issues more than makes up for the loss of frost. Are people forgetting OMac played a lot in our good year?
So did Lewis and Vince. Should we rely on them aswell?

Rat pack were all gun players mate you can get away with it if you're a good footballer. My primary reason for not picking up Murray is he is ******* s**t but certainly doesn't help he's a loose unit off the field.
Averaged 21 disposals, had multiple bounces 5 times in 9 games, averaged an uncontested possessions rate of 75% and was on track to be in their grand final side. He's exactly the sort of player we should take a risk on

Averaged 21 disposals, had multiple bounces 5 times in 9 games, averaged an uncontested possessions rate of 75% and was on track to be in their grand final side. He's exactly the sort of player we should take a risk on

You realize he was playing VFL well before the drug thing right

So did Lewis and Vince. Should we rely on them aswell?
Mixed feelings about Frost leaving. He was a best 22 player who had improved his game in 2019. We’ll also probably get about pick 50 for him from Hawthorn. However, now we can actually get games into Josh Wagner & Oscar McDonald as well as free up much needed cap space for Adam ‘Big Fish’ Tomlinson, Ed ‘Shanks’ Langdon and Jamie ‘Didn’t we tell Dean Kent and his glass hamstrings to **** off because he wanted 3 years?’ Elliot. :rainbow:

I’m all for it. Would cost sweet fa in terms of trade/salary cap and adds some much needed speed into the team. Bennell is another we should roll the dice on, IMO.

To match the offer would put him on more than both Gawn and Oliver.

I'm having a hard time believing this (unless the contract is front loaded heavily, then it would make some sort of sense as to why he would earn more than Gawn and Oliver next year) but if it is so..I'm actually happy the club is letting him walk.

I love Frosty but not enough to pay him any ridiculous contract. A 400-450k P/A 3 year deal seems about fair to me. 600k + (or more than 3 years) is silly money.

I'm having a hard time believing this (unless the contract is front loaded heavily, then it would make some sort of sense as to why he would earn more than Gawn and Oliver next year) but if it is so..I'm actually happy the club is letting him walk.

I love Frosty but not enough to pay him any ridiculous contract. A 400-450k P/A 3 year deal seems about fair to me. 600k + (or more than 3 years) is silly money.

Numbers I heard from the Dees were 400-450k. After the backlash, we tried to get 500k. Hawks were looking at 600k and 650 was Nth starting point (believed to go up to 700k).

Numbers I heard from the Dees were 400-450k. After the backlash, we tried to get 500k. Hawks were looking at 600k and 650 was Nth starting point (believed to go up to 700k).

Madness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realize he was in their side round 19 2018 before being withdrawn from the round 20 side as a provisional suspension. Do you even know who he is?
so if he is so good why did he get delisted?

Bloke has no hurt factor though. Plus if he is too ****ing dumb to realise getting on the coke before a game is a bad idea then he isn't worth the risk

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

So if we’ve got blokes like Gawn and Oliver on pretty reasonable deals, I have NFI how we’ve got a tight cap.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, the conflicting information floating around seems to be to suit whatever trade story happens to be popular at the time.

TMac was around 750k a year from memory....

It all adds up, we may not have multiple players at 1m + like some clubs but we would have a heap in the 400-750k bracket I reckon

True. But May would’ve effectively replaced Hogan’s salary (I assume), plus Lewis retiring, Jones on a lot less... really confusing we don’t have a bit of room.

May and Lever are both on 850k to 1m a year aren't they?

I know Lever is def 900k +

Pretty ridiculous if that is true for Lever. Not even close to being the best KPD in the comp yet he'd probably be the highest paid.

Pretty ridiculous if that is true for Lever. Not even close to being the best KPD in the comp yet he'd probably be the highest paid.

You always pay overs to bring a player in from another club...unless the player in the question is chasing premierships. Goes without saying, incoming free agents don't come here on a discount with our lack of finals success.

True. But May would’ve effectively replaced Hogan’s salary (I assume), plus Lewis retiring, Jones on a lot less... really confusing we don’t have a bit of room.

Yea I dunno. Perhaps we have a few of our own players coming up next year that we need to leave some room for knowing they will cost significantly more to re-sign compared to their current contract.

You always pay overs to bring a player in from another club...unless the player in the question is chasing premierships. Goes without saying, incoming free agents don't come here on a discount with our lack of finals success.

If you can replace a bloke who is getting paid $900k with someone you can pay $150 or $200k (like Doedee / Keath), I think its fair to say we might be paying him overs. That's without accounting for the fact he's missed 2/3 of the games in his two seasons here as well. Quite the **** up.

I always thought Lever was around 700-800. We signed up Tmac before he caught fire too I believe, so I'm hoping that he's not on 750! If Gawn and Oliver are on only 650-700 with an already tight cap then we are in big trouble in a few years unless we push a name of note out the door or we put people on lesser contracts to what they expect.

If you can replace a bloke who is getting paid $900k with someone you can pay $150 or $200k (like Doedee / Keath), I think its fair to say we might be paying him overs. That's without accounting for the fact he's missed 2/3 of the games in his two seasons here as well. Quite the fu** up.

Let's not talk about the two first rounders we gave up on top of all that.

We had a hard on for him dating back to his draft year. And paid through the nose to reach ejaculation.

As I said yesterday, we always get what we want, so long as we hand out significant overs. 👍

Still, at least we aren't north.

Fair enough that's what I hear about noah sounds like he would slot in straight away. As for Hawthorn contention the vibe I get is they already feel they're ready. Burgoyne just signed a one year contract, chasing Jamie Elliott, by the end of the year every team was beatable. I feel the only hurdle is Richmond. If Clarkson gets a few cracks at Richmond next year, gets a few good looks at their game plan you never know. Helped Collingwood a few years ago they were very close. Just my opinion of course.
As I posted a day or so ago Hawks pulled out of the Elliot race, it took the media 36 hours to catch up with that news.

I do take the point you make about every team being beatable, we beat the Handbaggers,GWS,WCE convincingly towards the back end of the year, and Clarko will be going to school on the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back