List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You realize he was in their side round 19 2018 before being withdrawn from the round 20 side as a provisional suspension. Do you even know who he is?

He would have only been 19 (turned 20) that year as well.

Plenty of upside left so long as he’s off the gear.

schmuttt is right though, he will need to get his teeth fixed if he wants to move from Collingwood to Melbourne.

We just don’t put up with poor teeth.

I would think we can trade what ever pick we get for frost for Langdon? Don’t think it makes sense for Langdon to be valued at 22 and frost 30+

You're not factoring in our negotiating skills at the trade table. Another club might pull that off, but we'll get bent over on both deals.

He would have only been 19 (turned 20) that year as well.

Plenty of upside left so long as he’s off the gear.

schmuttt is right though, he will need to get his teeth fixed if he wants to move from Collingwood to Melbourne.

We just don’t put up with poor teeth.
I think he has braces on at the moment, so seems like he is transitioning.

May got a bit of an upgrade on Hogan but it’s what it would have taken to keep Hogan should he stayed next contract.

Next year Lever and May won’t be so much of an issue, hibberd will drop significantly (although I suspect there may be AA bonuses etc). There’s a few other front loads that will drop

If my estimations are correct, after next year we clear up a LOT of cap space, but we have some extensions to look at.

so if he is so good why did he get delisted?

Bloke has no hurt factor though. Plus if he is too ******* dumb to realise getting on the coke before a game is a bad idea then he isn't worth the risk

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Not every player has to be a superstar mate. He doesn't have a club so we can sign him as a rookie. Collingwood have a heap of players like him they don't need him. We have ****ing no one like him.

May got a bit of an upgrade on Hogan but it’s what it would have taken to keep Hogan should he stayed next contract.

Next year Lever and May won’t be so much of an issue, hibberd will drop significantly (although I suspect there may be AA bonuses etc). There’s a few other front loads that will drop

If my estimations are correct, after next year we clear up a LOT of cap space, but we have some extensions to look at.

That last sentence is surely code for ‘We’re getting Whitfield as a free agent next year’

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mahoney made me feel we’re pretty confident on all of those 3 but not 100% on Elliott although more likely than not..
& sounds like we’ll only trade 3 for 2 top 10 picks coming back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that happened and Macartney is right I almost might find some hope for next year - almost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played that with a very straight bat

I thought he gave away as much as you’d expect.

Was very open about not having offered Frost a contract but having discussed what it would look like. Also open about Frost receiving a stronger offer from Hawthorn and that the club felt they had enough talls on the list if Frost left.

Confirmed Brayshaw will play at Melbourne next year - not open for trade.

Confirmed we have offered Elliot a 3 year deal.

I do like the prospect of 2 top 10 picks. Sounds like this is the draft to do it if you don’t have a top 2 pick.

“I reckon” this is for Fremantle’s benefit trying to get Kelly on the sly. I have no doubt there are offers we would consider outside of this.

“I reckon” this is for Fremantle’s benefit trying to get Kelly on the sly. I have no doubt there are offers we would consider outside of this.
As in if Freo get 6 and 7, then we'd give them pick 3 (and surely something later as that's the Melb way) to pass onto Geelong for Kelly? I thought we were done with Bell and his cronies? Two top 10s would be nice but I just can't picture it happening, especially if Kelly has his heart set on WCE (which is another matter altogether imo). Perhaps GWS might be desperate enough to give up their highest picks for it however.

As in if Freo get 6 and 7, then we'd give them pick 3 (and surely something later as that's the Melb way) to pass onto Geelong for Kelly? I thought we were done with Bell and his cronies? Two top 10s would be nice but I just can't picture it happening, especially if Kelly has his heart set on WCE (which is another matter altogether imo). Perhaps GWS might be desperate enough to give up their highest picks for it however.

I feel like Geelong would rather 6 and 7 than 3, that's just my gut. When we had 2, it was a different story obviously with Anderson.

Sorry I should have elaborated. I think this is more about protecting the Langdon deal. So rather than have Bell try and get into talks including Langdon for 3, Mahoney states what 3 is worth to them and if they want 3 it’s 2 x top 10, or one and a 10-15 with Langdon.

I thought he gave away as much as you’d expect.

Was very open about not having offered Frost a contract but having discussed what it would look like. Also open about Frost receiving a stronger offer from Hawthorn and that the club felt they had enough talls on the list if Frost left.
I don't like it. If we lose Frost, a part of us will die.

Hey Fellas/Gals

Exciting news if you get Gaff, would transform your side with Langdon. Hope it comes true so it weakens WC.

I personally dont think anyone would possibly do anything near 6 and 7 for 3 this year with the way the draft is - you can throw a blanket over 3-12ish by all reports (this makes what the AFL did to you with GC PP even more bs) and I'd be pretty angry if we did 6 and 7 tbh.

Reading through it I thought we might put a sneaky bid in for Brayshaw (Sounds like we've probably asked already) if you got Gaff so you could stay in the draft while fixing the midfield imbalance but Mahoney seems to have put that to bed again this morning.

Good luck for the fun season, seriously hope you get Gaff with Langdon, you'd be such a better a team, I'd personally do 3 just about straight up Gaff given the difference it would make to your team but you'd probs be able to squeeze something back with it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back