List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Ben Brown needs to be our main recruitment target this year.

With Zurhaar & Larkey coming through, he may not get as much $ at North as he could elsewhere.

I don't think he is a Free Agent, so we would need to trade away somebody good - Brayshaw could be a candidate?

No way North let Brown go with their "war chest" of squillions that they won't spend on failed marquee signings

I just don't see it happening and tbh I don't think we need to invest $$ in a key forward, as I think Tmac will come back to form with his full pre-season

I think picking up a rookie like Brown as insurance was the right play to make this pre-season and I could see us going for another bargain type KPF if Weid or Tmac fail in 2020

I reckon Ben Brown needs to be our main recruitment target this year.

With Zurhaar & Larkey coming through, he may not get as much $ at North as he could elsewhere.

I don't think he is a Free Agent, so we would need to trade away somebody good - Brayshaw could be a candidate?
Highly doubt he will leave. North will pay him a fortune and he seems pretty loyal.

Yeah, I don't think North is a team that will priced out of retaining their own players, they've had a war chest that has remained unopened for 5 years now. They'd already be paying well overs for anyone semi decent on their list, and Brown is far more than that. The only reason they'd be wanting to ship him off is to stock pile some draft picks, and they've already got the number 1 pick this year ... apparently.

Not a chance in hell we get Ben Brown lol
Not only would we have to pay about 2 million a season but we would also be losing Jackson and a couple of nice picks.

A slow inside midfielder ain't worth shit at North.

There was talk he was gettable trade period just gone.

Not saying it would be easy or anything close to it, but I think it is worth exploring nonetheless.

There was talk he was gettable trade period just gone.

Not saying it would be easy or anything close to it, but I think it is worth exploring nonetheless.
There was also talk about Oliver being gettable. I reckon it's about as likely as Oliver going to the Swans.

There was also talk about Oliver being gettable. I reckon it's about as likely as Oliver going to the Swans.

Farking hope not!

I reckon a proven KPF is a big need for us at the end of 2020, unless Weid & TMac make me eat my words.

Would I love Brown? Yes. Would we have to pay a lot? Yes. Is he gettable? IDK. Is he out of contract? Yes.

Farking hope not!

I reckon a proven KPF is a big need for us at the end of 2020, unless Weid & TMac make me eat my words.

Would I love Brown? Yes. Would we have to pay a lot? Yes. Is he gettable? IDK. Is he out of contract? Yes.
What can we offer him that north cant? Nothing. They can pay more cash than we can.
They've won a flag more recently than us, played in more prelims in the last 20 years and finished above us last season.

Plus he completely changes the dynamic of your forward line, he's a straight line lead up forward, he's essentially the exact same type of forward as McDonald so they can't play together.

What can we offer him that north cant? Nothing. They can pay more cash than we can.
They've won a flag more recently than us, played in more prelims in the last 20 years and finished above us last season.

Plus he completely changes the dynamic of your forward line, he's a straight line lead up forward, he's essentially the exact same type of forward as McDonald so they can't play together.

Agree to disagree TK - he has shown he can play alongside Zurhaar (who plays taller than he is) and Larkey, no reason he can't play alongside TMac, who can stay deeper in the square.

I don't know what we can offer him, but worth exploring IMO. Anyways - no need to circle on this. We have very different views on it, all good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree to disagree TK - he has shown he can play alongside Zurhaar (who plays taller than he is) and Larkey, no reason he can't play alongside TMac, who can stay deeper in the square.

I don't know what we can offer him, but worth exploring IMO. Anyways - no need to circle on this. We have very different views on it, all good
Last thing I'll say is I reckon ya forgetting that Melksham and Fritsch are both very much marking forwards aswell. Can't have 4 marking forwards in the same forward line without elite crumbers. We ain't got any yet.

Last thing I'll say is I reckon ya forgetting that Melksham and Fritsch are both very much marking forwards aswell. Can't have 4 marking forwards in the same forward line without elite crumbers. We ain't got any yet.

I reckon in 2021 a TMac, Brown, Fritsch & Melksham F50 sounds pretty handy and still mobile enough, with Pickett/Spargo/Lockhart/Bedford/Chandler fighting for spots as crumbers.

How/where AVB, Hannan, Hunt & Joel Smith fit in will obviously have a big impact on this too, I guess.

Too early to say if we need to throw the house at getting a player like Brown to be honest.

If TMac and Weid continue on their 2019 form, then sure, something should be looked at. However if 2019's horrendous delivery is still happening, selling the farm for Brown is like buying a Ferrari to drive it down to Coles every couple of days.

On the other hand, if 2018 TMac returns, Weid starts to look more like his Finals alter ego, and either of the slimmer, fitter version of Preuss, or Jackson show something down forward then it's pointless.

Farking hope not!

Sydney came hard after 2018 but didn’t have the coin. Swans revisited the idea with funds from Papley included and we all know how that went.

Too early to say if we need to throw the house at getting a player like Brown to be honest.

If TMac and Weid continue on their 2019 form, then sure, something should be looked at. However if 2019's horrendous delivery is still happening, selling the farm for Brown is like buying a Ferrari to drive it down to Coles every couple of days.

On the other hand, if 2018 TMac returns, Weid starts to look more like his Finals alter ego, and either of the slimmer, fitter version of Preuss, or Jackson show something down forward then it's pointless.
Too early? Mate its 2020 thread title is 2019 its too late now. Also **** knows why anybody is talking about a Roo leaving. When was the last time a good player has left Norf? (If anybody names anybody, Roos are irrelevant so thats why i didnt know) Not a chance of getting Brown anyway. Anyway back on topic I reckon we go after Langdon and hope we dont get Tomlinson

This just pooped up on my feed guys

"
Injury-prone former Docker Harley Bennell reportedly cops another calf setback during pre-season training with Melbourne Demons
The West Australian
Saturday, 25 January 2020 12:00PM

Feel free to delete if not suitable

Good luck in 2020

It’s a shame about Bennell but good to see the club made the right decision in seeing if his body could withstand a pre-season before signing him.

Any ideas what happens to the last spot on the list now? Was there an obvious plan b player or will it just get taken to the mid season draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back