List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* dumb comment, maybe because we dont have to many options for quick blokes that can kick goals in our team.

We have a need for another crumbing forward and even though Lewis has played predominantly off half back at WC he did win the Swans leading goal kicker at one stage.

Just because he played most of his career at halfback/wing doesnt mean we cant try utilise him as a forward.
hes kicked more than 14 goals in a season once. kicked 17 in his 5 seasons at the Eagles. Hardly a bloke that kicks goals. besides 1 season hes barely been a forward or kicked goals and that's been in 2 of the top teams where hes aloud to do as he pleases. yet my comment was the ****ing dumb comment. Parker should be our other crumber cause hes also black let's not worry about the fact hes 190cm

I'd take a look at these two:

James Rowe (Eagles – SANFL)
Position: General forward (173cm, 71kg)
Average Champion Data ranking points: 96
A pocket rocket who’s now put together two eye-catching yet consistent seasons at SANFL league level. Rowe, the son of former Adelaide and Norwood player Stephen Rowe, has been overlooked the past three drafts. But he’s become of the competition’s most exciting forwards, highlighted by his 38-goal haul in 2020 that saw him share the Ken Farmer medal with Glenelg’s Liam McBean. Not only that, Rowe was the league’s No. 1 player for average forward 50 ground-ball gets (2.8) and third for score involvements (6.5). His coach Jade Sheedy labelled him “the most talented player in the SANFL”. He might be small in stature at 173cm, but he’s big in heart – and big in talent.

Jacob Wehr (Eagles – SANFL)
Position: General defender (184cm, 71kg)
Average Champion Data ranking points: 75
If you’re a club looking for a classy distributor off half-back with a beautiful kick, Wehr might be your guy. The 22-year-old developed into a mainstay of the Eagles’ premiership team this season, averaging 16.4 disposals, 5.0 rebound 50s and 3.7 intercepts. He’s very lightly framed, but Eagles coach Jade Sheedy told The Advertiser: “Jacob’s a beautiful left-foot kick, the best kick at our club. His ability to hit a long, punch or advantage kick is outstanding.”

hes kicked more than 14 goals in a season once. kicked 17 in his 5 seasons at the Eagles. Hardly a bloke that kicks goals. besides 1 season hes barely been a forward or kicked goals and that's been in 2 of the top teams where hes aloud to do as he pleases. yet my comment was the ******* dumb comment. Parker should be our other crumber cause hes also black let's not worry about the fact hes 190cm

He kicked 45 goals in a season, in that season (25 games) he kicked 3 or more on 10 occasions so why wouldn't you offer him a 1 year contract and see it works out?

Also I never said he would be a crumber, more a medium forward with speed, something we dont have in the forward line other than Pickett hence the reason I said they would work well together, nothing to do with race but tell yourself what you want.

A pocket rocket who’s now put together two eye-catching yet consistent seasons at SANFL league level. Rowe, the son of former Adelaide and Norwood player Stephen Rowe, has been overlooked the past three drafts. But he’s become of the competition’s most exciting forwards, highlighted by his 38-goal haul in 2020 that saw him share the Ken Farmer medal with Glenelg’s Liam McBean. Not only that, Rowe was the league’s No. 1 player for average forward 50 ground-ball gets (2.8) and third for score involvements (6.5). His coach Jade Sheedy labelled him “the most talented player in the SANFL”. He might be small in stature at 173cm, but he’s big in heart – and big in talent.

If you’re a club looking for a classy distributor off half-back with a beautiful kick, Wehr might be your guy. The 22-year-old developed into a mainstay of the Eagles’ premiership team this season, averaging 16.4 disposals, 5.0 rebound 50s and 3.7 intercepts. He’s very lightly framed, but Eagles coach Jade Sheedy told The Advertiser: “Jacob’s a beautiful left-foot kick, the best kick at our club. His ability to hit a long, punch or advantage kick is outstanding.”

Sounds good to me, let’s sign them both. **** I’m desperate for footy to come back

How in fu**s name have we gone from end of August to start of March over previous years
This Board, the threads created by some incredibly clever people, and all the posters, (well almost all), is the one thing which helps enormously for me during the off-season. Living in Sydney now for about 15 years it has been a godsend for me.

If I hadn't found this forum years ago it would have been an ordinary existence for me up here. I think Ando727 made a very salient point a few days ago which I subscribe to, and that is about about keeping it low key without posting anything which might create any unnecessary concerns! But that is just him and me, be outrageous, be yourself, do not let sentiment stand in the way of your beliefs or values. This is clearly the best Board on BF, lets keep it that way.

So keep at it you lot. I love it.

I am continually impressed not only with the wit , and boy have we needed it, but the stoic way you all have stuck by this club. Game day is an enlightenment into the very flaws of the internet , allowing comment to be instant without reflection . Without thought. And despite being shit , we survive . We allow much comment before the mods intervene , if at all , and that makes me even more proud of our page , I even at my stage of dementia can tell who is posting tongue in cheek and who is just posting crap.
We are Melbourne , for better or worse , we survive . If players want to leave , tell them to **** off, and while i don't believe Goodwin is the coach to win us a flag , i will always be the boy who went to the outer and got pissed off with the cheer squad in the Members who thought they were it. Remember us? , We were the other mob in the outer who also cheered for the "D's".
We have to make finals next year , not doing so is a failure , and a good enough reason to sack the coach .
I will also add though despite my not being impressed with Pert , he has got us into positive space in so far as the club finances are concerned . If he can keep us from being addicted to AFL dependence , and stay out of the day to day stuff , i am not worried by him being there .

Work catch up the botanical the other day - should have seen me butcher my order of the ‘kutchatorai’ board.. it was humiliating.

I felt like an incredibly common folk of the great unwashed.

What’s a butcher?

Sir Hugh, if we draft this Rowe fellow it will mean many more posts from Dr Truth - are you ready for that? Is Dr Truth ready for that? another tiny player may cause an aneurism I fear

Sir Hugh, if we draft this Rowe fellow it will mean many more posts from Dr Truth - are you ready for that? Is Dr Truth ready for that? another tiny player may cause an aneurism I fear
im not ready to switch accounts that quickly with Jones playing on then the 2 dwarf campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back