List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Not if they give 6 18 for pick 2

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
The tigers have picks at every level of the 1R. They can trade 10 and 25 for 15,16 or 11 for 19 and 22. Hotton is top 10 on talent and I’m confident Richmond will get him one way or the other.

GWS maybe a very outside chance at 15,16 but Hotton will have told them he doesn’t want to go there but that didn’t stop then drafting Bruhn and he’s a very Caruso pick.

See he hasn't been linked, but Prior is probably one to have a look at as a DFA also

Reckon one of Carroll or Prior as a DFA.

Knobel in the rookie draft fills an obvious hole

One of Phillips/DGB or even Clurey seems an no brainer as a DFA or train on also given our KPD situation

Also know nothing about this years draft but Allan at 12 has way too much entertainment value

No idea on 26. Reckon we trade back in for at least one more pick but if all the above happens we wont have a spot if we also take Champion, so maybe not

Who says no to Hotton at our pick💫

Turn Around No GIF by Sesame Street

Can't wait to see consolation prizes Bo Allan/Cooper Hynes & Christian Moraes in the blue & gold.

While I get where you are coming from, given what is on the offering with pick 3, then that trio is underwhelming.

In most other years, however, any of those three, at pick 12 would be good picks.

Sure none are of the Draper, Lalor, Smith, caliber but I still think all three that you mention, have good AFL careers.

What we do with our second pick will be the key watch point for me.

If things stay as they are, I am resigned to the 2024 trade and draft period being a fizzer and as such a wasted opportunity.

However the prospect of going into next years draft and trade period with:

2 x Firsts
2 x Seconds
2 x Thirds

Is somewhat of a consolation.

Summary:
Draft hand 2024 C-
Draft hand 2025 A+

I agree with the others re Carroll and Knobel (Especially Knobel)

I'm in the camp that we take the best rated talent, no matter who with our first pick.
That means, if TT is gone and Reid or Hotton slide through and we rate them the best talent (to me, those two look clear ahead the others around that area. Then we take them.

3yrs should be long enough unless they're JHF levels of sooks, in that case, get someone to pay a pretty penny.
Reid in particular is a huge need for us. I also suspect being paired with a superior Reid might help him stay.

Also, I want another Reid in the side.

As long as we don't take anymore elderly statesman like Tom Clurey.
Yes local talent for me, it will pay off eventually.

I think Hynes at 12 is a reach. I’d rather trade down with Sydney and take Hynes/Gross at 19 then Oliver at 22.

eaglevision I do too but as I said, feels like he's bolting a touch. Port and the Bulldogs apparently interested; so if we take him it's likely 12. (We're also perched early in that tier where the available players are less complete and so everyone feels like a slight reach.)

Bit of a blunt axe but has at least consistently put in some big performances.

I know I'm supposed to think Berry would be an ideal target for that sort of role but I just can't manage to see it with him.

Hoping for Carrol as a DFA and Knobel as a rookie.

In order of preference
12 - TT, Reid, Allen, Lindsay
26 - Oliver, Moreas, Davies, Barrett

We do really need another pick in the second or third round. Would like a local in Davies or Dennis.

My wishful thinking draft mix
TT, Moreas, Dennis, Champion

The more likely mix
Hynes (seems like a WC reach pick), Davies, Champion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know when you look back on the trade period. Everything that could of gone wrong actually went wrong

What would have been ideal
1. Keep three ---> Split 3
2. Use 23 on Baker ---> Split 3 for Baker
3. Strengthen our draft hand this year in a deep draft by obtaining a first round pick this year for TB --> Only get future picks for Baker
----
Murphy Reid
Xavier Lindsay
Harvey Langford
Taj Hotton

If M Reid is the slider we need to pick him. He's the best out of Lindsay and I'd honestly say more skilled the Langford.

I don't care about flight risk.

Even more depressing is that with 2025 being tipped another bottom 4 finish...that will be the 4th year in the row of bottom 4 finishes on the back of 5 years missing finals.

This gloom must be what most freo fans experience.
At this stage, I don't mind where we finish as long as I'm seeing development. I was pretty happy with this year as we became more competitive and there was a clear handover from old guard to young guys. Plenty of them showed they should develop into good players.

Moving Simmo on was also good, as getting your long term coach in is a key pillar in the rebuild.

For 2025 I want to see more development and hopefully 8-10 wins. I expect we'll be poor in H1 of season while we adjust to a new coach and plan, but hope to finish with a flurry of wins.

eaglevision I do too but as I said, feels like he's bolting a touch. Port and the Bulldogs apparently interested; so if we take him it's likely 12. (We're also perched early in that tier where the available players are less complete and so everyone feels like a slight reach.)

Bit of a blunt axe but has at least consistently put in some big performances.

I know I'm supposed to think Berry would be an ideal target for that sort of role but I just can't manage to see it with him.
It’s really hard to place Hynes and the Whitlocks. Based on nothing other than logic I just can’t see Port going anything other than a tall. Their KPPs are atrocious, Marshall has concussion issues and their KPD recruits are bog average. They will never win a flag with that spine no matter how good their midfield is.

Dogs Hynes would appeal to but I think they are pretty keen on Hannaford. I suspect they’d also prefer a pure mid rather than a fwd/mid with the age profile of their current mids.

I do feel pick 14 (17) will be the last of that tier of players unless a club takes a risk on Trainor or Hotton. So in terms of best available at 12 I think we’ll be left with a choice of Lindsay, Berry or Allan in order of preference. We are very keen on Hynes so perhaps the club rates him as you do.

Hotton reminds me of a Sheed/Robbie Gray hybrid more than anything. Classy player, but moves a bit similar to Sheed. Certainly does not look quick and an ACL won't help.

Might be the hairline.

It’s really hard to place Hynes and the Whitlocks. Based on nothing other than logic I just can’t see Port going anything other than a tall. Their KPPs are atrocious, Marshall has concussion issues and their KPD recruits are bog average. They will never win a flag with that spine no matter how good their midfield is.

Dogs Hynes would appeal to but I think they are pretty keen on Hannaford. I suspect they’d also prefer a pure mid rather than a fwd/mid with the age profile of their current mids.

I do feel pick 14 (17) will be the last of that tier of players unless a club takes a risk on Trainor or Hotton. So in terms of best available at 12 I think we’ll be left with a choice of Lindsay, Berry or Allan in order of preference. We are very keen on Hynes so perhaps the club rates him as you do.

He's not an especial favourite of mine, just combining our links to him with the fact that he's appearing likely to go around that mark regardless. And I'm too unconvinced by Berry and Allan to prefer them.

I'd still take Hannaford though.

How is it a reach if we rate him there?

I dunno. Just based on how he seems to compare based on word of mouth and general consensus in rankings I guess.
Not saying it will be a bad pick. Just think that some others are more suited. He seems like a burst mid who can play forward and kick goals. Bit too like Hewett and Harley.
I think we need some mids who get more of the ball with spread and run. Which is why I’d like TT, Reid or Lindsay.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back