List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I agree with the others re Carroll and Knobel (Especially Knobel)

I'm in the camp that we take the best rated talent, no matter who with our first pick.
That means, if TT is gone and Reid or Hotton slide through and we rate them the best talent (to me, those two look clear ahead the others around that area. Then we take them.

3yrs should be long enough unless they're JHF levels of sooks, in that case, get someone to pay a pretty penny.
Reid in particular is a huge need for us. I also suspect being paired with a superior Reid might help him stay.

Also, I want another Reid in the side.
I think Reid would be a solid addition. He seems to always get to the right spot, which means he should get the ball first and Harley second, which would be an incredibly damaging combination.

Owies kicks goals. Emmett doesn't.
He’ll also be 28 in March and cost draft capital despite playing a role we actually have depth in. Emmett will be 23 in November and would have cost nothing in an age bracket we’re screaming out for. Owies also helped playing against a defence that is almost entirely dedicated to stopping Curnow and McKay.

Surely there's no chance Murphy Reid makes it to pick 12, or 15 on the night. He's been ranked within the top ten pretty much all year. I actually hope Bo Allen is available at our pick, can't see any of the top midfielders sliding to our pick

The tigers have picks at every level of the 1R. They can trade 10 and 25 for 15,16 or 11 for 19 and 22. Hotton is top 10 on talent and I’m confident Richmond will get him one way or the other.

GWS maybe a very outside chance at 15,16 but Hotton will have told them he doesn’t want to go there but that didn’t stop then drafting Bruhn and he’s a very Caruso pick.
Bruhn at GWS - how did that turn out Caruso?

I think Reid would be a solid addition. He seems to always get to the right spot, which means he should get the ball first and Harley second, which would be an incredibly damaging combination.

Trouble is that Murphy Reid doesn't want to leave home, so the chances of keeping him long term would be questionable.

That said he is the sort of player that both Melbourne and St Blunders tend to take, given that they both have two picks before us, I doubt he makes it to pick 12.

As others have said, it really gets down to, if a few teams before us decide to take a tall, now if they do that, it would be ideal as it would see a few genuine mids trickle down the draft board.

I think we can safely say that Armstrong and Tauru go top ten, then its' whether or not one of Trainor, Shanahan and Whitlock go before 12. ( I am not including Ashcroft, Lombard or Kako in that 11 ).

1.Lalor
2.FOS
3.Draper
4.Smith
5.Reid
6.Smillie
7.Langford
8.Armstrong
9.Tauru

That for me, is the top 9.

So we will be waiting to see who is left out of - bolded players that positionally we need more so than the rest of the list:
Right at this point in the draft I am calling Clarke all sort of names and the level of profanity will again, annoy Mrs Monocle.

Travaglia
Trainor
Hotten
Allan
Shanahan
Lindsay
Whitlock

I know which of the three I want, so I am expecting that he is neither available or, if he is, that we pass on him and go local.
More profanity and much, much louder....as the pins and voodoo dolls come out.

Trouble is that Murphy Reid doesn't want to leave home, so the chances of keeping him long term would be questionable.

That said he is the sort of player that both Melbourne and St Blunders tend to take, given that they both have two picks before us, I doubt he makes it to pick 12.

As others have said, it really gets down to, if a few teams before us decide to take a tall, now if they do that, it would be ideal as it would see a few genuine mids trickle down the draft board.

I think we can safely say that Armstrong and Tauru go top ten, then its' whether or not one of Trainor, Shanahan and Whitlock go before 12. ( I am not including Ashcroft, Lombard or Kako in that 11 ).

1.Lalor
2.FOS
3.Draper
4.Smith
5.Reid
6.Smillie
7.Langford
8.Armstrong
9.Tauru

So we will be waiting to see who is left out of - bolded players that positionally we need more so than the rest of the list:
Right at this point in the draft I am calling Clarke all sort of names and the level of profanity will again, annoy Mrs Monocle.

Travaglia
Trainor
Hotten
Allan
Shanahan
Lindsay
Whitlock

I know which of the three I want, so I am expecting that he is neither available or, if he is, that we pass on him and go local.
Well, at least we know WCE have interviewed Travaglia multiple times, so there's definite interest there at least.

While I get where you are coming from, given what is on the offering with pick 3, then that trio is underwhelming.

In most other years, however, any of those three, at pick 12 would be good picks.

Sure none are of the Draper, Lalor, Smith, caliber but I still think all three that you mention, have good AFL careers.

What we do with our second pick will be the key watch point for me.

If things stay as they are, I am resigned to the 2024 trade and draft period being a fizzer and as such a wasted opportunity.

However the prospect of going into next years draft and trade period with:

2 x Firsts
2 x Seconds
2 x Thirds

Is somewhat of a consolation.

Summary:
Draft hand 2024 C-
Draft hand 2025 A+
Agree, but just wait till the genius Clarke trades out 2025 picks for Warner.

1.Lalor
2.FOS
3.Draper
4.Smith
5.Reid
6.Smillie
7.Langford
8.Armstrong
9.Tauru

Travaglia
Trainor
Hotten
Allan
Shanahan
Lindsay
Whitlock

We can’t keep second guessing picks like this. Draft the best available and back the club in to convince him to stay. He’s drafted for three years, fair to say he’ll be accustomed to living away from home by that point. Also, I think there may be some pulling power in playing alongside Harley.

We can’t keep second guessing picks like this. Draft the best available and back the club in to convince him to stay. He’s drafted for three years, fair to say he’ll be accustomed to living away from home by that point. Also, I think there may be some pulling power in playing alongside Harley.
Regarding this, You'd think that sooner or later something will blow up big time somewhere.

I don't think he would be available or that we would select him but he would be an ideal type of player to put alongside Harley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there's no chance Murphy Reid makes it to pick 12, or 15 on the night. He's been ranked within the top ten pretty much all year. I actually hope Bo Allen is available at our pick, can't see any of the top midfielders sliding to our pick
On Espn ranking he ranked there. It only changes on Twoomey board.

But the general feeling i get it is one of Xavier Lindsay or Murphey Reid will be available to us

Agreed - It seems a no brainer.

Quick question. Ignoring the Reid go home rumour, where would you rank him in this draft?
Would you say he's the type of player we need?
Murphy Reid? I'm massive on him in terms of talent. Ashcroft and Jagga would be the only ones I'd have ahead of him, and not by much. He's absolute silk.

Lalor level with him, watching him live was very impressive. His leap for his size is wow.
Reid just oozes class and impacts games.
I don't think he'll drift.

The only two I think that might drift is Smillie and Langford due to athletic profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back