List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Surely there's no chance Murphy Reid makes it to pick 12, or 15 on the night. He's been ranked within the top ten pretty much all year. I actually hope Bo Allen is available at our pick, can't see any of the top midfielders sliding to our pick
Well I reckon Allen goes pick 9-10 and Murphy Reid just under Taj Hotton at pick 13

Yeah, and odds on it won't involve a Vic kid.
It wasn't that long ago every Vic fan was booing Jason Horne-Francis every time he played.

A projected (non Academy or f/s) top two or three pick from one of NSW, QLD, SA, or WA refusing to leave their home state get the AFL off their asses quick smart.

It wasn't that long ago every Vic fan was booing Jason Horne-Francis every time he played.

A projected (non Academy or f/s) top two or three pick from one of NSW, QLD, SA, or WA refusing to leave their home state get the AFL off their asses quick smart.
The Vic media will go in to an uproar, but the AFL will do sfa, because to do anything will impact all the Vic kids who want to stay home.

Been going over the Joe Berry videos again, he seems very Gulden like at times.
Really clean first touch, which I'm a sucker for.
Loved Gulden in his draft year, was a gun and a shock he went so late in that year.
Gulden accumulated big numbers in u18s, Berry more 16 to 18 disposals but all high quality.

The Vic media will go in to an uproar, but the AFL will do sfa, because to do anything will impact all the Vic kids who want to stay home.

More likely the AFL will punish the one instance it annoys some Vic clubs and ignore it when it happens the other way

But I like your optimism 😉

I’m comparing trade cost and likely future output as an Eagle. Total goals 22yo 13 games, two of which were the sub vs 27yo playing 23 games is a pointless comparison.

What was the trade cost? Given the reported trade cost of 2 and what the Giants rejected for 3, Owies was essentially free anyway, don't get the angst about that. It was the price of Baker that was the issue if we want to get into it

And he's an undoubtedly much better player than Emmett.

What was the trade cost? Given the reported trade cost of 2 and what the Giants rejected for 3, Owies was essentially free anyway, don't get the angst about that. It was the price of Baker that was the issue if we want to get into it

And he's an undoubtedly much better player than Emmett.
He wasn’t free. Realistically he cost us two picks that will end up in the late 40s (one maybe early 50s) which is still a great spot in this draft. That’s assuming 3 was for 12 and 14.

No argument that Owies is the better player at the moment, but he’s not a better option than having the players we would have got with those picks. Going to be the Freijah and F41 for Hall moment of this draft.

More likely the AFL will punish the one instance it annoys some Vic clubs and ignore it when it happens the other way

But I like your optimism 😉
If it's not a WA or SA kid, it's most likely going to be a Gold Coast Suns academy kid, when the Suns make finals and can't match all their academy kids, and one of their kids says he wants to stay on the GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back