List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Culley was also a lot more reactive. If you've watched Langford, he's very quick to react at stoppage and is able to burst through.

You can be super quick but if you're too slow to react, you're going to look slow as treacle.
Yep. Langford has the highest footy IQ in the draft along with Jagga. Whilst Culley’s speed was his downfall the two are not comparable.

Just on Hotton, he lives quite close and see him about a bit. Preseasons over the years you'd see the family training a fair bit together, seems very close to his family. So I mentioned earlier in the year, I perceived he'd to be a flight risk because of that.
Phil then mentioned, yep he is an actual flight risk.
His early season form was 🔥, he was easily top 10. Knee curtailed his season and he's slid a little because of it.

I’m hearing St Kilda might be looking to auction off their live pick 8 if one of their targets are off the board which I think are Reid and Travaglia. What are we prepared to pay (if anything) for it if it means getting a sliding Smillie or Langford? Options would include:

F1
12 + F2
12 + 26 + F3 with 32 coming back

Freo have also asked the Dogs about pick 25, that would indicate to me that they are trying to get ahead of a target we have at 26. I suspect that is Hamish Davis.
I like this, everything we got for barass and 26 for 8, 32, 47

Out - Hawks f1 + Hawks f2 + Hawks f3 + 26
In - 8, 32, 47

Draft hand - 8,12,32,47,73

8 - Draper, Langford
12 - Travaglia/Lindsay/Berry/Allan
32 - Boxshall/Mraz
47 - Dennis
73 - Champion

All we've lost is an f4 via the barass trade. Have no issue without the need for 2 firsts next year (after past experiences during the trade period)

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just on Hotton, he lives quite close and see him about a bit. Preseasons over the years you'd see the family training a fair bit together, seems very close to his family. So I mentioned earlier in the year, I perceived he'd to be a flight risk because of that.
His early season form was 🔥, he was easily top 10. Knee curtailed his season and he's slid a little because of it.

If his family truly loved him, they'd move to Perth with him after he's drafted to West Coast.

To Balga, specifically.

I like this, everything we got for barass and 26 for 8, 32, 47

Out - Hawks f1 + Hawks f2 + Hawks f3 + 26
In - 8, 32, 47

Draft hand - 8,12,32,47,73

8 - Draper, Langford
12 - Travaglia/Lindsay/Berry/Allan
32 - Boxshall/Mraz
47 - Dennis
73 - Champion

All we've lost is an f4 via the barass trade. Have no issue without the need for 2 firsts next year (after past experiences during the trade period)

If Hawks miss finals then their F1 is a top 10 pick. Their F1 and F2 could be 10 and 28, that and 26 in 2024 feels like a pretty steep price to pay for pick 8.

We've made our bed to trade into 2025 and I think we should lie in it now.

His early season form was , he was easily top 10. Knee curtailed his season and he's slid a little because of it.

So you said he may be a flight risk because he seems close with his family (like most kids) and then this board ran with it?

Which proves my point.

Can we also please stop using WCEPhil as a source, his track record is god awful.

If Hawks miss finals then their F1 is a top 10 pick. Their F1 and F2 could be 10 and 28, that and 26 in 2024 feels like a pretty steep price to pay for pick 8.

We've made our bed to trade into 2025 and I think we should lie in it now.
Assuming we are all in on Warner, Sydney will want all that 2025 capital. Warner is awesome but we will forgo 2 years of high end talent in a rebuild. Leave our first in 2025 and use the 2026 first or second to lure him, getting him to nominate us over freo is the trick.

Assuming we are all in on Warner, Sydney will want all that 2025 capital. Warner is awesome but we will forgo 2 years of high end talent in a rebuild. Leave our first in 2025 and use the 2026 first or second to lure him, getting him to nominate us over freo is the trick.

So preemptively trade out of 2025 because Warner might want to come to WA.

And if he stays with Sydney, what then?

So preemptively trade out of 2025 because Warner might want to come to WA.

And if he stays with Sydney, what then?

Trade them back in, silly.

OUT: WCE F1, Hawthorn F1, Hawthorn F2, Darling
IN: WCE F1, Hawthorn F1, Hawthorn F2, Darling

Straight out of the first page of the handbook.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is Hotton expected to play in our team? He's barely 3 midfield games, and that was against kids in the Coates league.

Blokes got obvious talent, but last thing we want is a weird medium forward type when we desperately need a pure midfielder in the guts to support/develop with Harley. (INB4 Ryan Gosling pops up to tell us our midfield is awesome as it is with a broken Yeo and Kelly who already aren't up to scratch and only getting older)

Hotton looks a very 'midfield potential' selection which we all know can, and has backfired in our face before.

Add in
  • Coming back from a serious injury
  • Hasn't played much football
  • Hasn't tested in the draft combine

And suddenly it looks like a familiar story, with a fair bit of risk we probably don't need to be taking, particularly over someone like Lindsay.

I don't dislike the pick, just playing devils advokent.
Risk v Reward. Could legitimately end up as the best player from this draft class. Perhaps at Masten's level as his floor.

Is a decent enough forward & good forwards are hard to find. Could be handy to have a good rotation of fwd/mid players like Collingwood had in 2010.
I have always felt that we have never really had a plan B if the momentum shifted away from us.

So you said he may be a flight risk because he seems close with his family (like most kids) and then this board ran with it?

Which proves my point.

Can we also please stop using WCEPhil as a source, his track record is god awful.
Nah, not like most kids. From what I've seen I think his dad has been helping with extra training etc and really been on the journey with them.
Anyway was just my perception of it all, and the board didn't run with it after my comments.

Interesting mature age 24 yr old KP defender getting some interest.

Pretty decent resume for a 24 yr old.:whitecheck:

Just watch Geelong snap up another country league gun for pick 74 aka Tom Stuart.

Intercept defender who gets tagged by opposition.:whitecheck:

One touch player below the knees.:whitecheck:

Has pace, endurance and a good kick.:whitecheck:

Was lame one game, got moved forward and kicked 6.:whitecheck::whitecheck:

He is just what we need. I hope we are into him.

We go to the draft with the Hawks 1st

Two 2nds

Two 3rds.

Lots of opportunity to trade up into the 1st round next year as well.
Exactly, bringing in a f1 into this year might be seen as saving face but 12 (16) and 26 (30) just isn't enough young talent through the door. We need new talent asap not next year

Nah, not like most kids. From what I've seen I think his dad has been helping with extra training etc and really been on the journey with them.
Anyway was just my perception of it all, and the board didn't run with it after my comments.
Terry had been spouting crap because he has a Trump esq conspiracy theory. Best just leave him be.

That said, the club could get older brother Olli across to the Beagles to support Taj if we draft him. Who knows, maybe being delisted might jolt the family into making the most of any opportunity

Actually, what patents call their sons Olli and Taj? These soft and politically correct Bayside first names says a lot. Where are the real names like Jack and Noah and Silas?

Last edited:
Exactly, bringing in a f1 into this year might be seen as saving face but 12 (16) and 26 (30) just isn't enough young talent through the door. We need new talent asap not next year

I get the want to get back into the pointy end of this draft but what do you think we’d get for our F1?

It’s an unconfirmed report and may not happen, but the proposed deal between North and Richmond is pick 2 and North’s F1 for 6 and 11

The likelihood we get a pick inside 10 for our F1 is remote. We’d be trading a likely top 4 pick for a choice between one of perhaps Travaglia, Smillie, Langford or Allan depending on which of that quartet are still on the board

By waiting we have a draft pick that will likely give us a crack at one of Rodriguez and Swadling. Alternatively we have a significant trade chip for Warner if he asks for a trade

Simply put, we won’t get full value for trading our F1. The better option is to keep it

Terry had been spouting crap because he has a Trump esq conspiracy theory. Best just leave him be.

That said, the club could get older brother Olli across to the Beagles to support Taj if we draft him. Who knows, maybe being delisted might jolt the family into making the most of any opportunity

Actually, what patents call their sons Olli and Taj? These soft and politically correct Bayside first names says a lot. Where are the real names like Jack and Noah and Silas?

I have a Trump like conspiracy because I don’t believe WCEPhil works for the club or in the industry?

What’s next… I’m a nutjob for not believing Bond007 too? Lmao

eaglevision I do too but as I said, feels like he's bolting a touch. Port and the Bulldogs apparently interested; so if we take him it's likely 12. (We're also perched early in that tier where the available players are less complete and so everyone feels like a slight reach.)

Bit of a blunt axe but has at least consistently put in some big performances.

I know I'm supposed to think Berry would be an ideal target for that sort of role but I just can't manage to see it with him.
Based on absolutely nothing but a vague feeling of how these types have gone in the past (no research undertaken), Hynes sounds like a bust to me.

The versatile big-bodied mid-fwd types, if they are going to make it at AFL, are standouts at U18 level.

Although I'm sort of expecting sometime to point out the error of my argument with a few choice examples.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back