List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Based on absolutely nothing but a vague feeling of how these types have gone in the past (no research undertaken), Hynes sounds like a bust to me.

The versatile big-bodied mid-fwd types, if they are going to make it at AFL, are standouts at U18 level.

Although I'm sort of expecting sometime to point out the error of my argument with a few choice examples.

I assume you are saying that with some obvious candidates in mind - Dusty, petracca, H Reid etc?

Your theory might hold reasonably true, but there are some counters, Chad Warner being the obvious example. Also, depending how you viewed their junior careers and what you conceptualise as a big bodied mid-fwd, fyfe, cripps, dangerfield could also be looked at as contrary examples, even if they did still go relatively high in the draft, they didn’t go any higher than Hynes range (10-20).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Question.. have the eagles ever traded up in the first round or 2?
From what I can remember we're always trading down. I think we got sheed,duggan,ginbey ,hewitt , Foley, chesser from trading down. Probably more but have we ever traded up? We seem to be a quantity over quantity mob don't we
We really shouldn't be surprised in the future when it happens just hope for the best

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Question.. have the eagles ever traded up in the first round or 2?
From what I can remember we're always trading down. I think we got sheed,duggan,ginbey ,hewitt , Foley, chesser from trading down. Probably more but have we ever traded up? We seem to be a quantity over quantity mob don't we
We really shouldn't be surprised in the future when it happens just hope for the best

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can only think of the Clay Hall trade

The more I look at Lindsay the more I think he’s a given at our pick. Morrish medal winner despite missing some games due to injury. Gippsland Power captain.

Great skills, especially kicking bullet passes 20-40m.

He’s a Saints fan and I’ve read that Melbourne are interested. Hopefully he’s still around at our pick or perhaps they’ll leave TT for us 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back