List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Traded back for Chesser

Traded up for Hall

Traded back for Sheed

I'm not sure you could call any of those a clear win for WCE other than making a case for Sheed. I mean Sheed won us the flag and has played 165 games.. but he's only 29 and most of us can't wait to see the back of the campaigner, so there's that :shrug:

If we really want a sugar hit and getting back into this draft, it's got to be with Hawthorns F1 + whatever else bundled in. All depends on what player slides and who's still on the board to warrant us making what's likely going to be a trade in favour of the opposing team (such is generally the case).

Our own F1 and probably F2 should be off limits, given how shit we are and project to still be next year.

All I know is I'll Terry Wallace on myself if we take Allan with our first. Our quota for young players with formidable physical stature whilst exhibiting a lack of vigor and a whole bunch of timidity is already full.

This is insane if it's our F1. Our Future first is likely pick 2 or pick 3. Even with academy picks, that's a more valuable pick than pick 14 (after Ashcroft/Lomabardo/Kako bids).

Is it really a straight swap?

Or another 2nd or later picks also involved?

Have you noticed how the media only report the 1st rounders involved and don't bother mentioning the other picks in the deal?

They do it to generate clicks and reactions.

So i'm not draft watcher, but is Bo Allan just a shitter version of Ginbey? If so, then hard pass.

We need midfielders!!!!!!

Bo is a big winger or inside mid.

He is similar in size and playing style as Ginbey yes. Maybe a bit quicker and more agile.

They would work well in tandem rotating out of defense.

All I know is I'll Terry Wallace on myself if we take Allan with our first. Our quota for young players with formidable physical stature whilst exhibiting a lack of vigor and a whole bunch of timidity is already full.

So Bo is timid and lacks vigor? Really? :oops: :think:

Um. Are we discussing Bo Allan here? The WA Bo Allan?

Because the last thing Bo is is timid and lacking vigor. That is the exact opposite of how he plays.

Probably not bad in terms of what they got from Cats for him, considering he is average
Bruhn was drafted at pick 12 and then traded 2 years later for pick 18. At GWS he had played 30 games for 11 goals mainly as a hff proving he was AFL quality

If he was a car - fair depreciation.

If I was GWS, I would not be happy with the trade but at least they got something decent back which ended up as Darcy Jones

Last edited:
So Bo is timid and lacks vigor? Really? :oops: :think:

Um. Are we discussing Bo Allan here? The WA Bo Allan?

Because the last thing Bo is is timid and lacking vigor. That is the exact opposite of how he plays.
Agreed. His attack on the ball is absolutely ferocious. Jack Viney is the comparison for that particular part of his game. His skill can be criticised but his aggression is the best in the draft. Ask any of the boys that played U18s who they’d want beside them and they would say Bo.

So i'm not draft watcher, but is Bo Allan just a shitter version of Ginbey? If so, then hard pass.

We need midfielders!!!!!!
I'm just of belief, he's not we need. We need accumulators. We need blokes who can find the football more than 18 times in a midfield. Those high ceiling types that show you glimpses, we've taken that route too many times and been burnt.

I’ve got other options for 12 ahead of Allan but this take shows you’ve never actually watched him play at all

I'm just of belief, he's not we need. We need accumulators. We need blokes who can find the football more than 18 times in a midfield. Those high ceiling types that show you glimpses, we've taken that route too many times and been burnt.
That's why i wanted Draper. I wanted someone who would come in and in a year or two be cranking out 30 touches a game, every game. That's what we needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it really a straight swap?

Or another 2nd or later picks also involved?

Have you noticed how the media only report the 1st rounders involved and don't bother mentioning the other picks in the deal?

They do it to generate clicks and reactions.
Who knows. But even a second rounder back would suck. We need top end talent, not mediocre picks. We either take pick 2-4 to the draft or use it on Warner. Either way that's better than a pick ~15 and pick ~25 combo.

Go to the draft with what we have . Take the last 2 picks in the ND if we have too.

It is supposedly a deep draft 🤷‍♂️

We ****ed up and left ourselves with only picks 12 and 26 . Crazy to think we gave up 14 for Baker and asked for nothing else coming back with him .

Keep our picks for next year and find someone who has a clue for trade week next year .

I mean hire dodoro ex essendon FFS and say your job is to negotiate.

I thought DFA period opened today for some reason but no it's on Friday because reasons?

Why does it even need a "period"? Surely you should just be able to sign the delisted campaigners whenever you want during offseason

I’m guessing it’s because player contracts officially end on October 31 so clubs have until then to sign players to new contracts

The DFA period ends on November 8 which coincides with the end of the pick swap window. It means that club lists are finalised before the draft and the order is finalised with clubs having picks equal to list spots available

That’s the why they do it

As to whether that is necessary is a different question that I can’t answer but is likely administrative related

Travaglia's not the player he's being sold as by his fanclub but he's surely the clear reliable pick if he falls. In the ideal I'd see it as acquiring another Hough, or Duggan, type.

Incidentally, rewatched a couple of CTL games yesterday -- I'm even more convinced that Hannaford is a better small forward option than Berry. In fact I struggle to see it with Berry at all; he's smart and finds the goals but in most facets I think his game is being way way overrated.

Travaglia's not the player he's being sold as by his fanclub but he's surely the clear reliable pick if he falls. In the ideal I'd see it as acquiring another Hough, or Duggan, type.

Incidentally, rewatched a couple of CTL games yesterday -- I'm even more convinced that Hannaford is a better small forward option than Berry. In fact I struggle to see it with Berry at all; he's smart and finds the goals but in most facets I think his game is being way way overrated.

So what is the TT fan club describing him as?

A skilfull, intercepting rebounding half back with wing / midfield potential similar to Will Day.

Go to the draft with what we have . Take the last 2 picks in the ND if we have too.

It is supposedly a deep draft 🤷‍♂️

We ****ed up and left ourselves with only picks 12 and 26 . Crazy to think we gave up 14 for Baker and asked for nothing else coming back with him .

Keep our picks for next year and find someone who has a clue for trade week next year .

I mean hire dodoro ex essendon FFS and say your job is to negotiate.

Sure. Because Dordoro has done a brilliant job rebuilding Essendon's list into the power house it is today.

All that hard arse negotiating and dummy spitting at opposition list managers has worked out so well for them.

Our quota for posters with formidable physical stature whilst exhibiting a lack of vigor and a whole bunch of timidity is already full.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back