List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Remind yourself that we have Bancroft in 2025 as a F/S and he looked great on a wing in the champs and in Colts at Claremont. I sense he could also play the QB role off a hbf. On top of that we also have a speedy half forward in Walley next year and Champion this year

So we get to know of positions we can pass on this year.

If Berry is there at 12, we should let him pass as an example. Clubs who know what is coming in future years have an advantage
Would you compare Davis to Banfield as somewhat similar sort of players?

Why are we so desperate to get into this years draft? The top 20 kids are mainly Victorian and could all be considered flight risks. I'd be happy to take Bo Allan and keep all of next years picks.
The optimist in me thinks with a new coach and game plan we're better off to wait this year out, give McQualter time to have a look at what we have. Our best ever centre bounce setup was Judd (3), Kerr (18), Cousins (6) and Cox (Rookie pick 28). Only 2 top 10 picks and Cuzzy was picked 8 years before Judd.
We have our Judd equivalent in Harley, have Hewett, Ginbey, Yeo, TK, Baker, Graham etc who will all roll through centre bounce. Just need to relax, add Bo Allen or TT and see how it plays out in 2025.
I totally agree with most of this Hewlett may be nothing and Eagles need someone like him if he doesn't come good.

TT is who the Eagles desperately need as a running half back and that's why they need to get back into the draft. Honestly I think he will be the best player in the draft, he will be gone by the Eagles pick.

Same. People acting like a ginbey clone is a bad thing, even tho in reality these comparisons are typically lazy and aren't reality. What I like about Bo is that he has high upside.. I'm not sure the ceiling of other fan favs around here is as such. And a guy who leaves it all out on the ground is always welcome.

And in regards to ginbey l'm still pretty high on him personally. His floor is still above average imo and his ceiling is still huge. Hoping 2025 he works out where he belongs on the food chain, because if he does, watch out.

Ginbey will turn into an absolute gun for WC in the long run. WC get a lot of flack for that draft but I honestly think they played their hand well.

Ginbey was awarded U18 AA Ruck Rover for essentially his first 4 games as a midfielder. He played primarily half back in colts and his improvement in his draft year was probably the most substantial of his draft class.

Hewett's draft year began with him touted top 3, having some sort of illness all year (he mentioned this on Coast to Coast), and sliding to our pick. If not for the foot injury, he would have 40 games and 25 goals under his belt and being praised as the next Benny Cousins.

Bo Allan isn't my first choice, but he does have huge upside and may end up being something similar to a Patty Cripps / Tom Green type mid which would replace Yeo long term.

I'm sold on Bo Allan but he might not be there at our first pick. He looks like he's a hard inside mid with a serious speed burst plus he's a left footer like me so gets extra credits lol. Tested top 4 in agility and vertical leap at 191cm, and 2.9 odd in 20m sprint. He's got all the attributes you're looking for. Travaglia is a better 2km runner but he's he's got a poor ball drop, too many floater kicks. And his speed testing at the combine was poor, showing that he might look like he has toe in the under 18's but in AFL terms he's not going to get the space he's used to. Lindsay accumulates but he looks like he doesn't have the burst to clear traffic and get on his left in the AFL either.

Would you compare Davis to Banfield as somewhat similar sort of players?
I spoke with his coach at Scotch at the VIC Country game. His views on Banfield is that he has good pace, great skills and sees the play very well. His approach to the carnival was to get used to the pace of the game and play the role asked. BB apparently is a good sort and real team oriented guy

So where next - Steve was pretty open about Bailey being able to play a raft of positions. As a bottom ager, you get given a role they need not necessarily your best. Current thinking is start on a wing but could be great as the hbf distributor that runs through the mid once he gets bulked up. He also loves going forward and kicking goals. I guess Claremont will experiment in 2025 but nice he is not pigeonholed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2024 Draft (Nov 20/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back