Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean at least BOBF had a little mini Mando series in it, even if it was some of the worst Mando content we had.
Don't even have to wait and analyze TA in retrospect to get a fuller judgment of it. As it goes along already clear how awful it is.

I watch it SW content regardless because i like SW....well, I'm still attached to it is the better explanation.....but this show is horrible and i havent seen the latest lol-worthy episode

Don't even have to wait and analyze TA in retrospect to get a fuller judgment of it. As it goes along already clear how awful it is.

I watch it SW content regardless because i like SW....well, I'm still attached to it is the better explanation.....but this show is horrible and i havent seen the latest lol-worthy episode

I liked the MCU, then it turned really mediocre post-Infinity saga (with the exception of Shang Chi and Spider Man 3). Tried to get into Dr Strange 2 and Ant Man 3, but they are decidedly passable. The Eternals was so average, too.

So I stopped watching. And when it pops up on Disney+, I don't bother. I'm not forcing myself so I can moan in the MCU thread on BigFooty or Reddit about it.

I don't see why this is such a difficult exercise tbh :huh:

Serious question - is Star Wars such a part of people's identities that they persist with it even if they detest it? Sounds like masochism to me. First world problem, I suppose.

I liked the MCU, then it turned really mediocre post-Infinity saga (with the exception of Shang Chi and Spider Man 3). Tried to get into Dr Strange 2 and Ant Man 3, but they are decidedly passable. The Eternals was so average, too.

So I stopped watching. And when it pops up on Disney+, I don't bother. I'm not forcing myself so I can moan in the MCU thread on BigFooty or Reddit about it.

I don't see why this is such a difficult exercise tbh :huh:

Serious question - is Star Wars such a part of people's identities that they persist with it even if they detest it? Sounds like masochism to me. First world problem, I suppose.
I dont know if it's different for others, but I was like... 15 when the MCU kicked off and into my adult hood by the time it really hit steam around the Captain America Winter Soldier area and beyond. The MCU for me, was always founded in the basis of, i don't mind comic book stories and I enjoy them while they are good, but I don't have a connection to comic books or comic book movies beyond if they're good or not, particularly MCU. I have a soft spot for Spiderman, Batman and Superman but that is separate.

Whereas Star Wars man.. I watched the original trilogy as a 6 year old in the middle of the night when I was too sick to go to sleep, I had them on VHS, then DVD and watched them over and over again. I read EU novels. I saw the Phantom Menace on release day in cinemas and the same for TCW and RotS, I went to the midnight release of each of the sequel trilogies. I went to costume parties as a kid dressed as jedi. I had Star Wars lego, toys and lightstabers.

I have no personal connection to the MCU other than enjoying films that are enjoyable. Whereas Star Wars, that was apart of my childhood man. When kids would ask you about who you were you'd say, i'm a Star Wars fan, or i'm a Lord of the Rings Fan or a Harry Potter fan. Those things stick with you.

Ok episode watched

Pointless episode, just showing again a previous flashback episode but this time with the other side told. Theres been no real mystery/thriller to the show, so they couldve just showed the one flashback episode showing the full story, either early or late in the season....just no point screening the same flashback episode twice in the season.

The truth of that incident therefore offers no real net gain. No mystery to solve, no big deal.

There are many problems with the story, the plot points. Not gonna retrace that, everyone critical of the show already recognizes those problems.

But I will say Im largely disappointed because it's just a blah story. The promise or hope was that ot would be dark and focus on the Sith side of things, day in the life. Instead, the shows been about the Jedi all over again, and silly twin story. No real meat to the bones. Just a shallow meh overarching story.

Theres been very little Sith focus. Just silly treks in the forest, silly Jedi council stuff, silly journeys, silly adventures, etc ...so much wasted or frivolous detail. Just fluff. No real direction or intrigue.

The ONLY thing positive about the show has been the cinematography and shot compositions thruout the season, have really enjoyed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was okay-ish. I’m glad finally they revisited what happened that night. The series has taken way too long to do so, that’s my main criticism of it. At least Kelnacca got more than a few seconds of screen time.

Struggling with that Torbin arc. It’s one thing to want to go home. However to have that recklessness to just dash off on a speeder like that, that was jarring. Bizarre stuff. Very un-Jedi like. Same with Sol, drew his lightsaber and killed the mother? Not sure he needed to do that, I didn’t know what was going on for those few seconds and bizarre that her partner Korril and the other witches just stand idly by. That was not a well executed scene.

I did appreciate however that Mae seemed to not start the fire deliberately, seemed she wanted to burn the artwork and it quickly got our of hand from there. Some decent answers at least finally even though it should’ve been done much better.

I felt at the end the episode overall was inferior to last one or two, and quickly realised a big missing piece: no Qmir in this one. He remains the best part of the series for me and however many episodes are left, I hope he is featured heavily.

It was okay-ish. I’m glad finally they revisited what happened that night. The series has taken way too long to do so, that’s my main criticism of it. At least Kelnacca got more than a few seconds of screen time.

Struggling with that Torbin arc. It’s one thing to want to go home. However to have that recklessness to just dash off on a speeder like that, that was jarring. Bizarre stuff. Very un-Jedi like. Same with Sol, drew his lightsaber and killed the mother? Not sure he needed to do that, I didn’t know what was going on for those few seconds and bizarre that her partner Korril and the other witches just stand idly by. That was not a well executed scene.

I did appreciate however that Mae seemed to not start the fire deliberately, seemed she wanted to burn the artwork and it quickly got our of hand from there. Some decent answers at least finally even though it should’ve been done much better.

I felt at the end the episode overall was inferior to last one or two, and quickly realised a big missing piece: no Qmir in this one. He remains the best part of the series for me and however many episodes are left, I hope he is featured heavily.
One more episode to go.

I thought he'd been really good throughout the majority of the series, but this episode was poor. Don't know if it was him needing to play younger, so his slower measured vocals seemed more out of place, likely. But it definitely didn't work.

I also think they didn't give him much to work with. The force work in this episode was pretty cartoonishly poor. Particularly the scene where he saves Osha from the bridge and Mae falls, it looked and felt like a community play rather than a Star Wars product, like it looked like he was just a child pretending to use the force if you know what I mean.

The dialog absolutely stunk. Credit to the actors for keeping straight faces. Maybe Lee Jung-jae didn't even understand what he was saying.

Sol 'feels' that Osha is meant to be his Padawan without even having a conversation with her. Trinity checks back in with the council, who say to leave the twins with their mothers. But Sol doubles down on this imaginary relationship he has with her - so the rest of the plot can happen.

Sol holding up a heavy bridge with the force when he could have just picked up the two little girls.

This episode lost me a bit. Too much time spent on scenes we'd already seen or adding new scenes with little value. With only one episode left this felt a bit wasted.

Wow. Outside of a wookie with a lightsaber that was all meh. So many flaws in character logic or reasons for doing things. Unless of course the last episode sheds at least some light on it, but I don't hold out much hope.

Wow. Outside of a wookie with a lightsaber that was all meh. So many flaws in character logic or reasons for doing things. Unless of course the last episode sheds at least some light on it, but I don't hold out much hope.
At least some of the last episode will be on one of Brendok's moons you'd think.

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back