The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

prized bitch said:
Flo was a chick. ;)

Zac should have been given the $1 million even if they didn't win, just for having to put up with Flo. I would have tonked the bitch!

I hope MOJO are the next to go. After that, as long as the Frat boys don't win I'll be happy.
Sorry I meant Zac

janiek said:
can anyone remember what started the bickering between mojo & the hippies?

i know there was the thing about 'give us some money or we'll yield you' in oman
was that it or wasthere something before that?
the oman thing i just thiought the hippies were having a joke but mojo took it serious is that how it started ?

& yes the hypocrisy of mojo gets to me last week they said to fran & barry we don't care if the taxi is in your name if were first were gonna take it & then to squeal when the hippies did the same thing :mad:

i like the hippies they're funny & make an effort to be pleasant to locals - go hippies :thumbsu:
Jealousy. MOJO dont like the Hippes because they are too good.

Hoggy said:
Did anyone else notice Victorian numberplates in the Northern Territory on all the marked cars?

How many Vic plates do you see in other states? NSW has plenty of them- "Victoria- the Place to Be".........yeah right! :p

To be fair to Mojo, they got the Hippies angry because the Hippies thought they were the ones who cancelled thier cabs. If they knew it was the Frat boys then this game could be a lot different

Bombers_Forever said:
To be fair to Mojo, they got the Hippies angry because the Hippies thought they were the ones who cancelled thier cabs. If they knew it was the Frat boys then this game could be a lot different
But Joseph was apart of it too.

Bombers_Forever said:
Amazing episode. I hate to say I don't like the Hippies anymore- they are lucky but that finish was so quickly. The yeild was so crucial- I could see that happening. The Hippies just really lowered themselves in my view, particularly starting the story with Monica and Eric. They did not need to stoop to that level.

The Frat boys cancelling the taxis- how hiliarious! Is there only one taxi company in Perth? They would not have been able to do that if there were a few companies in the city.

Good on Ray and Yolanda for winning a leg. No bickering and look what happens. I reckon they will be in the final 3.

I don't understand how you can praise the Frats for cancelling the taxis and then have a go at the Hippies for yielding MOJO. They both cost a lot of time.

Anyways, go Hippies!

bradrowe#32 said:
I don't understand how you can praise the Frats for cancelling the taxis and then have a go at the Hippies for yielding MOJO. They both cost a lot of time.

Anyways, go Hippies!
Cancelling the TAXI's was alot worse. Yielding is part of the game.

bradrowe#32 said:

Anyways, go Hippies!

I just thought it was amusing and very clever that is all. The teams were so close together and all going to call the same taxi company so if the Hippies or Ray and Yolanda wanted to make sure the taxi could NOT be cancelled they could have used another name.

Cassius_Clay said:
Cancelling the TAXI's was alot worse. Yielding is part of the game.
yeah cancelling a taxi is cheating no matter how you look at it and if it was up to me they both would have a penalty.

and MOJO can go and get :D:D:D:Ded, whinging and nitching that its unfair they got yielded because they didnt park propaly, cracked the sads because the hippies tried to take their taxi when they have said that they dont care they will take anybodies taxi and were involved in the cancelling of two taxis. They appeared to be very rued towards the aboriginal who was trying to teach them to play the didgeridoo. and Joseph on the mat "YOU YIELDED US AND WE STILL BEAT YOU" but you only did because BJ fell over near the end, yes you did but they at least appear to have a bit of class which you could never get you w@nker. And lets not forget big bad Joseph, "I would break them down if we werent on a game" or words to that effect. LMAO i would feel more threatened by a drunk 100 year old man with alzheimers you stupid prick

Coughlan said:
yeah cancelling a taxi is cheating no matter how you look at it and if it was up to me they both would have a penalty.

In every series there are ways to get around the rules (like using a mobile to book flights, teams must share the detour tasks etc). There are always teams who will do something smart or just 'unsportsman behaviour' but this is a $1 m at stake

janiek said:
can anyone remember what started the bickering between mojo & the hippies?....
Seemed to start off-screen from MoJo but went nasty very quickly and the hippies were more than keen to give it back.

Powerstufff said:
Seemed to start off-screen from MoJo but went nasty very quickly and the hippies were more than keen to give it back.

I am sure there is plenty more happening off screen we are not seeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers_Forever said:
I am sure there is plenty more happening off screen we are not seeing.
I'd have thought so too but can't find any goss about it on the net. They all have to spend a lot of time in each other's company while tired, dirty etc. so it's amazing there isn't more of that stuff. Some teams survive by symbiotic relationships, a shared taxi or a piece of info etc - though the race is now pretty well past that. On the tactical level it's possible the hippies want tension within team MoJo, and then tension between MoJo and the Eric/Jeremy team. But personally I think it's just crumbling of the super relaxed hippy facade which was interesting earlier.

Classic:

"It's not fair, we got here first"

Haha, have a cry you bloody plastic barbie doll.

Bombers_Forever said:
In every series there are ways to get around the rules (like using a mobile to book flights, teams must share the detour tasks etc). There are always teams who will do something smart or just 'unsportsman behaviour' but this is a $1 m at stake
Disagree, you cant compare that to using Mobile Phone as you are intenially disadvantaging another side. Dirty.

Spiritof82 said:
Don't think it was Troy Dann, think it was a guy called Mick who runs Mick's Whips and does that show at the Mindal Beach markets and other attractions around Darwin (don't think Dann is that co-ordinated). Also can't see how the three cars left Litchfield and got to the Lake Bennett at the same time, they were driving high powered Mercs on a road with no speed limit, someone at least should've pushed the car above 200 kph to try and get in front.:cool:
The teams may have been instructed to not drive above a particular speed. There was a situation in series 2 when 2 teams broke a speed limit which they had been instructed to keep to (which was 20km/h lower than the actual speed limit) and were penalised.

As for the greeter, I stand corrected.

Bombers_Forever said:
I just thought it was amusing and very clever that is all. The teams were so close together and all going to call the same taxi company so if the Hippies or Ray and Yolanda wanted to make sure the taxi could NOT be cancelled they could have used another name.
The frat boys were listening to hear what names were being used to book the taxis. If they had used fake names, I think that the frat boys would have just cancelled those bookings anyway.

the fly said:
The teams may have been instructed to not drive above a particular speed. There was a situation in series 2 when 2 teams broke a speed limit which they had been instructed to keep to (which was 20km/h lower than the actual speed limit) and were penalised......
Over the now nine completed races it has apparently turned out that despite the various stunts, the threat of gut disturbances etc the most dangerous thing is the traffic. The host guy Phil was on a radio show a month or two ago and said they control the safety of the set-pieces tightly but can't easily control what happens on the road when the contestants are driving. One of the most under-appreciated dangers is driving in a R) hand drive country like ours when you are used to L) hand drive - all your normal reactions are wrong. In fact even walking across streets is dangerous. As anyone who has travelled o/s a bit knows you look the wrong way when you step off the footpath if you are tired or concentrating on something else. There really should have been penalties for speeding/dangerous driving.

the fly said:
The frat boys were listening to hear what names were being used to book the taxis. If they had used fake names, I think that the frat boys would have just cancelled those bookings anyway.

When Joseph was trying to claim that taxi as his own BJ should've just said that the J in his name stands for Joseph and he gave his full name. :D

Just finished watching the latest episode, which was one of the best in the history of the show. That was the tightest finish I can remember, 3 teams all within metres of each other.

My favourite team MOJO did an awesome job to get to third place after being yielded by the stupid Hippies who my hatred grows for every week. That’s twice now that they’ve finished last on non elimination weeks, how lucky can you get? And I’m sick of them being angry with MOJO for not giving them money last week; give me one good reason why they should? It’s a race, you finished last, and the other contestants shouldn’t have to bail you out.

Ran and Yolanda continue to hang around, can't believe they finished first. He can barely speak English and she just picks on him about every minute thing. Hopefully their constant bickering will cause them to falter.

Good job by the Frat boys, loved their work in canceling the other teams taxis. Good struff. ;)

Cmon MOJO! :thumbsu:

Coughlan said:
"YOU YIELDED US AND WE STILL BEAT YOU" but you only did because BJ fell over near the end, yes you did but they at least appear to have a bit of class which you could never get you w@nker.
That was hilarious. Good call by Joseph. :thumbsu:
And lets not forget big bad Joseph, "I would break them down if we werent on a game" or words to that effect. LMAO i would feel more threatened by a drunk 100 year old man with alzheimers you stupid prick
I suggest you watch it again. He said it in jest.

FINALLY have watched last Thursdays ep! Thought i'd add my 2 cents worth.

I disagree with the cancelling of the taxis! (Great karma, as their taxi didnt show tho :p ), booking flights with mobiles, ya cant compare the two.

Ray and Yolanda, ran a great race! Great prize too.. a benz for a year! Gawd itd be hard to give it up!!

AND finally, we got a close run at the end and with 3 teams no less!!! CLASSIC!! (we know they do "sneaky" editing at the end of each other ep, to make it "look" like its close)

Imagine if thatd been the last leg of the race, my god!!

Felt happy for the hippies as well, since it was non elimination. Not many teams have had to suffer the embarrassment of being told they're out of the race in front of other teams.

Anyway, cant wait for the last few eps!! Dont really care who wins at this stage!

Drummond said:
Just finished watching the latest episode, which was one of the best in the history of the show. That was the tightest finish I can remember, 3 teams all within metres of each other.

My favourite team MOJO did an awesome job to get to third place after being yielded by the stupid Hippies who my hatred grows for every week. That’s twice now that they’ve finished last on non elimination weeks, how lucky can you get? And I’m sick of them being angry with MOJO for not giving them money last week; give me one good reason why they should? It’s a race, you finished last, and the other contestants shouldn’t have to bail you out.

Ran and Yolanda continue to hang around, can't believe they finished first. He can barely speak English and she just picks on him about every minute thing. Hopefully their constant bickering will cause them to falter.

Good job by the Frat boys, loved their work in canceling the other teams taxis. Good struff. ;)

Cmon MOJO! :thumbsu:
Jesus, I dont like you.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back