The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What garbage reasonings. I think Scott last night scoffed at the idea of whilst in mid-air moving and lunging having the awareness to release an arm, and argued it'd open the tackler up to injuring themselves.

Lawyers and their ability to make people responsible for real time split second decisions in slo-mo are the cockroaches of the competition.

This hand wringing and doomsdaying is a bit over the top IMO. If the game was really in trouble, tackling going out of the game, etc. we'd be seeing dozens of suspensions a weekend, not the 6 for the season.

the reasons given are kind of welcoming chicken wing tackles back into the game with the whole 1 arm stuff. players are executing tackles how they are taught to and are expected to perform miracles to protect the head cos the afl doesnt want to be sued.

taranto and duggan's concussions were unlucky, imo we really dont see that many 'dangerous tackles' with the double movements and the slings anymore. they've done well at getting rid of that bar a couple in the season. but you cant keep expecting footballers to have insane reaction times or defy physics when performing footballing actions.

This hand wringing and doomsdaying is a bit over the top IMO. If the game was really in trouble, tackling going out of the game, etc. we'd be seeing dozens of suspensions a weekend, not the 6 for the season.
Whilst I agree, that doesn't mean those 6 shouldn't be criticised if they seem wrong.

Did you agree with 3 weeks for the cases last night?

Whilst I agree, that doesn't mean those 6 shouldn't be criticised if they seem wrong.

Did you agree with 3 weeks for the cases last night?

I think it's ridiculous that it's 3 weeks when Butters gets a fine for punches. The tweet above about saying these players should have just gut punched them instead of tackling them is spot on.

Looks like draft changes will be

• late round F/s selections to be recorded. F/S selections can be made in rookie draft if no ND bids.
  • NGA bidding to be set at pick 1. (Reversal to previous ruling).
  • Rookie listed players who don't meet contract triggers can stay for 5 years.
  • contract length becoming key determinant in FA calculations.
  • DVI system is still being decided but looks like trading 2 years in advance is being brought in this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back