The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Good venue now. And yes it was freezing cold.
Took hours to warm up afterwards.

Elevated himself to worst 100 gamer I've witnessed for the club.

Yeah, the Stadium is amazing nowadays, cool experiencing it evolve over the last 30 years. You guys are lucky to have your own ground.

Parking and traffic sucks, but there's not much to be done about that.

Yeah, the Stadium is amazing nowadays, cool experiencing it evolve over the last 30 years. You guys are lucky to have your own ground.

Parking and traffic sucks, but there's not much to be done about that.
Most park along the river or the massive Kmart car park but yes a lot more strain than 20 years ago.

I think I walked by you waiting in line as I headed up the ramp. Unless there were two flogs in Chelsea vests :sickv1:

I'm so confused why WCE would go down that path.
60% win rate. Kenny is a star.
I do hope he rejects them then his successor Carr takes the job.

Would struggle to keep up with the Paer's Kenny thread.
Quality content.

Most park along the river or the massive Kmart car park but yes a lot more strain than 20 years ago.

I think I walked by you waiting in line as I headed up the ramp. Unless there were two flogs in Chelsea vests :sickv1:
Nah, I've got one of those retro(80s version) woolen jumpers. I should have worn two with the frosty breeze.

The top end evenness of this season is fascinating. Sydney and Carlton being brought back to the pack somewhat in recent weeks which includes GWS, Brisbane, Fremantle, Bulldogs and Hawthorn. Port, Essendon and Geelong have no business being in the eight. Then Collingwood have a massive line put through them as well.

My contender power rankings:
1. Sydney
2. Carlton
3. Fremantle
4. Brisbane
5. Bulldogs
6. Hawthorn
7. GWS

Still think the best two teams go through (Sydney vs Carlton) and Carlton get that elusive flag.

Last edited:
The top end evenness of this season is fascinating. Sydney and Carlton being brought back to the pack somewhat in recent weeks which includes GWS, Brisbane, Fremantle, Bulldogs and Hawthorn. Port, Essendon and Geelong have no business being in the eight. Then Collingwood have a massive line put through them as well.

My contender power rankings:
1. Sydney
2. Carlton
3. Fremantle
4. Bulldogs
5. Hawthorn
6. GWS

Still think the best two teams go through (Sydney vs Carlton) and Carlton get that elusive flag.

You don't rate Brisbane? I'd have them top 2 at the moment if we are power ranking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't rate Brisbane? I'd have them top 2 at the moment if we are power ranking.
Agree. If they finish top 2 it'll be them and Sydney if the GF. Don't really rate Carlton, I'm not sure their mids will go great in the finals.

Last edited:
Forgot to put them in! Updated.

I think they’ve had a few unconvincing wins. Sydney was a good win but they struggled to beat WCE, Adelaide and Melbourne in the three weeks prior to that. Smashed Port but that St Kilda win I thought they were ordinary. Very up and down/flakey. Not as bullish on them as others just yet.

60% win rate. Kenny is a star.
I do hope he rejects them then his successor Carr takes the job.

Would struggle to keep up with the Paer's Kenny thread.
Quality content.
Great Home and Away coach. If you want to win premierships though...

I guess maybe as a stop gap - get a younger coach in and do a handover? I don't know, seems a bit pointless to me.

Agree. If they finish top 2 it'll be them and Sydney if the GG. Don't really rate Carlton, I'm not sure their mids will go great in the finals.
Do you reckon they’re playing their best footy? Feel like their ceiling is the highest, just nowhere near it. Need to get a move on though.

Agree. If they finish top 2 it'll be them and Sydney if the GG. Don't really rate Carlton, I'm not sure their mids will go great in the finals.
As long as we finish top 2 we'll be fine. Playing interstate games in Melbourne will help.

I'm with you though, I don't think we get anywhere near the premiership on current form. Got to get it sorted and quickly.

Great Home and Away coach. If you want to win premierships though...

I guess maybe as a stop gap - get a younger coach in and do a handover? I don't know, seems a bit pointless to me.
Port have never been the clear best side in it. So not making the GF doesn't surprise me.

He's probably a nearly man but has copped unfair disrespect from his own fans IMV.

How bad is the AFL fixturing. Played the latest possible fixture this weekend so of course we play the earliest possible fixture the next round. Morons.
We do it next week, late interstate game then back it up Friday night. The fixturing is puzzling sometimes.

Port have never been the clear best side in it. So not making the GF doesn't surprise me.

He's probably a nearly man but has copped unfair disrespect from his own fans IMV.
I absolutely don't think he's the only problem at Port but I'm also not convinced he's a great coach.

Think he absolutely gets a hard time from the locals but I'm not exactly sure what they expect from him - why would he voluntarily fall on his sword? I'd keep coaching for as long as I was allowed to.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back