The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet you prefer the Republican party and the Tories, both of who have many war hawks.
I just told you I didn't vote Tory. Yes both those parties have many war hawks, none quite with the passion for it of the Democrats. I am not a republican supporter either. This is a one time thing!

But I'm not sure how anyone can rationalise "line in the sand" anti war beliefs with support of Trump and Trumpist propaganda.

It's called talking to your base which in his case is anti war and pro genocide.

I just told you I didn't vote Tory. Yes both those parties have many war hawks, none quite with the passion for it of the Democrats. I am not a republican supporter either. This is a one time thing!
bart simpson laughing GIF

It's called talking to your base which in his case is anti war and pro genocide.
It's called seeing what you want to see and ignoring what you don't.

Likewise.

The fact he couldn't beat ScoMo in hindsight has really got to sting now.
You eat your up market democracy sausage from the middle on election day and you deserve to lose. #unaustralian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hardly a secret. This accusations was made 10 years ago, and then brought up again during the election campaign when he was opposition leader, and again when the Christian Porter allegations were in the press.
Never said it was, just surprised I hadn’t heard about it.

The woman in question seems to think it may well come to something now he’s retiring from office. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Watched a bit of stuff about school shootings last night, including a really interesting Tedtalk by one of the Columbine shooters mothers.

One of the things that stood out was kids talking about their training on what to do in the event of a school shooting. The fact that kids have got to prepare for what to do if someone decides to shoot people in a school should be enough to change.

Also watched a bit about Port Arthur and was reminded just how quick Australia changed in the aftermath. Yanks will still be debating this in decade.

Watching CNN now, the father of the Apalachee suspect has been arrested.

According to reports, a few months ago he bought his son the weapon that was used as a "holiday present".

Why on earth you would buy a 14 year old that type of semi automatic weapon (any weapon is a bit bizarre to me) is beyond me. But this was not long after the authorities had spoken to him about his son making threats to kill in schools.

One of the things that stood out was kids talking about their training on what to do in the event of a school shooting. The fact that kids have got to prepare for what to do if someone decides to shoot people in a school should be enough to change.
My children's school does drills for this type of shit at least once a year. I couldn't believe it when one told me about them. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

My children's school does drills for this type of shit at least once a year. I couldn't believe it when one told me about them. Better safe than sorry I suppose.
I'll have to check with my kids what they do. I can understand emergency evacs (fire, gas leak etc), but the footage I saw was kids walking through a corridor with their hands in the air.

It must have an impact on them.

Really? what a world we're in.
Can say that wasn't a thing when I was at school. Probably a couple of fire drills over the years but that'd be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back