The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Carlton

I'm not sold on their mid group being able to play finals type football. It's a whole different game come September. They do have a bit of time to fix that though.

But they do have big Charlie who can easily win a final off his boot with a day out.

I'm not sold on their mid group being able to play finals type football. It's a whole different game come September.

But they do have big Charlie who can easily win a final off his boot with a day out.
I mean, they all did it last year in the finals.

Walsh having no pre season is costing us big time at the moment. He's been really poor this season.

Brisbane?

They've got another gear to go I think.

I think the heartening thing for us was losing by less than a goal to a side in such clearly good form despite missing perhaps a third of our Best 22 either missing on the day or going down during the match or playing clearly impeded. But the time for excuses is running out and we need to be winning regardless.

I'm not sold on their mid group being able to play finals type football. It's a whole different game come September. They do have a bit of time to fix that though.

Can Charlie get his soft frees in September when the whistle gets put away.

I think the heartening thing for us was losing by less than a goal to a side in such clearly good form despite missing perhaps a third of our Best 22 either missing on the day or going down during the match or playing clearly impeded. But the time for excuses is running out and we need to be winning regardless.
Yeah, I think you came out of that game bigger winners even though you lost. No right being so close and a chance to pinch it.

Sorry thought you meant your record at Marvel in general. Port have a great record at Marvel.
Was actually really surprised to see we've mostly played them at the MCG over the last ten years. We've only played them twice at Etihad since 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess last year you were red hot going into finals, this year you are spluttering.
Spluttering in second.

We've had a bad 2-3 weeks - we were really good before that. We've got the ability and time to turn it around.

Even with our red hot form, not finishing top 4 cost us last season. That's got to be our first goal. Top 2 should really be the aim.

Spluttering in second.

We've had a bad 2-3 weeks - we were really good before that. We've got the ability and time to turn it around.

Even with our red hot form, not finishing top 4 cost us last season. That's got to be our first goal. Top 2 should really be the aim.
There's only two games between 2nd and 11th. It's a really weird(and exciting) ladder this season.

There's only two games between 2nd and 11th. It's a really weird(and exciting) ladder this season.
Yeah I think that's where the home ground advantage comes in to play come finals time. Need 2nd to try and get as much of an advantage as possible.

Dipper says harden up ;)

Sadly, he might have done a Jeremy McGovern and came back in 2-3 weeks for the lung issue, if not for the fractured foot set to sideline TDK for 6 weeks. FFS! 🤦

Spluttering in second.

If you lose to Port you'd be a danger of missing Top 4.

If you lose to Port you'd be a danger of missing Top 4.
In danger perhaps but still unlikely. We've still got Collingwood, WCE and St Kilda. Hawthorn would be winnable as well obviously but they'd be a harder test you'd expect.

In danger perhaps but still unlikely. We've still got Collingwood, WCE and St Kilda. Hawthorn would be winnable as well obviously but they'd be a harder test you'd expect.

Possibly. The way the Lions and Freo are travelling you might not be in a position to drop two games though, so if you did go into that Hawks game needing to win it could be pretty tight.

Possibly. The way the Lions and Freo are travelling you might not be in a position to drop two games though, so if you did go into that Hawks game needing to win it could be pretty tight.
The Lions and Freo are only teams 2 and 3 in that scenario.

Have you had a look at the ladder predictor? I did one last night where we dropped both Port and Hawthorn and we still finished 4th. Realistically I think we pick up 1, if not both of those games. But it's still easily possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back