The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless you have me on ignore, I posted a link 9 minutes before your post

Why would I have you on ignore? Just missed your post.

So he even specifically cites the Port case and just asks for consistency in this instance.

Why would I have you on ignore? Just missed your post.

So he even specifically cites the Port case and just asks for consistency in this instance.

It’s all good.👍

I didn’t read the article, so not sure what Kane Cornes has said. What I will say is I wish Harry was taken from the ground straight away. The club doctor was unavailable at the time, however, I would have liked to see a trainer be sent out to collect him from the ground. Glad he passed the concussion protocol and is available this week, but at the time Harry didn’t look good.

How players were allowed to play on with huge head kicks back is the day in beyond me. :(

It’s all good.👍

I didn’t read the article, so not sure what Kane Cornes has said. What I will say is I wish Harry was taken from the ground straight away. The club doctor was unavailable at the time, however, I would have liked to see a trainer be sent out to collect him from the ground. Glad he passed the concussion protocol and is available this week, but at the time Harry didn’t look good.

How players were allowed to play on with huge head kicks back is the day in beyond me. :(

I remember back in the 06-09 period at some stage Jude Bolton and Brett Kirk both getting concussed in a game and going back on and then one (or both?) got another concussion, and the commentary was all around how brave they were etc. I remember footage of Kirk staggering around and it was held up as what a warrior he is and it's crazy to think how much the world has moved on.

I remember back in the 06-09 period at some stage Jude Bolton and Brett Kirk both getting concussed in a game and going back on and then one (or both?) got another concussion, and the commentary was all around how brave they were etc. I remember footage of Kirk staggering around and it was held up as what a warrior he is and it's crazy to think how much the world has moved on.
I saw one just the other day on YouTube (I don’t even remember the incident), it was 2015 so even more recent and Jonathan Brown saying how brave the player was, as he’s motionless and being stretchered off.

Nowadays, you wouldn’t hear a commentator saying how brave it is. You’d hear them saying how the game should be stopped as the player with the head knock is getting treated. AFL is a brave and tough sport, there is no denying that but I wish there was never this mentality that a player would look weak if he goes off the field of play.

You are definitely there for the taking, but I just don’t think we’re good enough to grab the opportunity.
Certainly an interesting match up. Not sure you'll get a better chance to nab us.

If it was in Adelaide I'd give us no hope. Being at Marvel helps.

Ironically the one loss you've had in your last 11 at Marvel was against us, to the tune of 50 points. Counts for nothing tonight of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The blues forward structure is awful.
Have probably the worst small forward group among the 12 competing for finals.
A gun small forward would transform their forward half. Can't leave it up to two tall blokes and mids.

With no good Victorian sides, this is the perfect year for them. They also have the wood over the Swans.

Think I'd back us against anyone at the G. Also haven't played Port this year yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back