The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, stick a fork through this year for us. Was promising 6-7 weeks ago and now has gone to complete shit. It will be disappointing if list management grabs another Acres/Hewett and thinks that’s all the list needs.

Big result on the weekend...

Coming from behind to stun the Cats in the VFL was really something...

On a more serious note, another year down the drain. Such is life as a supporter of this wretched club.

With the Blues possibly being able to field 21 fit players, the club might call on us to play.

I’d be shitter than Cottrell.

I would find the footy as much as he does, but **** if I am running 16 kilometres.
I ran 16km this morning before work so I could probably play the Ollie Hollands role. I'd turn it over about the same as well.

I ran 16km this morning before work so I could probably play the Ollie Hollands role. I'd turn it over about the same as well.

Must say that the start of the Premier League season has really come at the best time.

This team would be more likely to beat WCE this weekend.

View attachment 2077113

Not when you remove TDK, Fogarty, Doc, JSOS, Charlie, Harry (sounds like it), Cottrell, Carroll, Saad, Cunners, Marchbank, Boyd and Cerra because they won’t be playing 😂

We are pretty well ****ed.

At some point you need to question why so many of those players are still on the list given how injury prone they are. I wouldn't even consider someone like Martin, Marchbank, Cunningham, Fantasia, can't string 6 games together.

Interesting to see if the Blues have a better run with injury next year under a new fitness boss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some morons on our board want us to get Jack Martin because of his finals series last year. I seriously question whether some people actually watch football at times.

Some morons on our board want us to get Jack Martin because of his finals series last year. I seriously question whether some people actually watch football at times.
Considering they still want JL as a coach despite his abject failures, I question that too.

We paid $3 million to get 54 games out of Jack Martin.

Yes. I wish wasn’t serious.

At some point you need to question why so many of those players are still on the list given how injury prone they are. I wouldn't even consider someone like Martin, Marchbank, Cunningham, Fantasia, can't string 6 games together.

Interesting to see if the Blues have a better run with injury next year under a new fitness boss.
even more ridiculous considering martin and fantasia came from other clubs where they also didnt get on the park.

Yep, stick a fork through this year for us. Was promising 6-7 weeks ago and now has gone to complete shit. It will be disappointing if list management grabs another Acres/Hewett and thinks that’s all the list needs.
For a 3rd round pick you can have Matt Taberner and a sack of magic beans.

I think most clubs that took on a Gold Coast player from their early days lived to regret it. I'd like to know what the hell went on with their medical department that made so many of their players so injury prone.

At some point? We’ve been questioning it for years 😭😂

At some point? We’ve been questioning it for years 😭😂

You’d think there isn’t an abundance of healthier players to grab from other clubs over the years. Marchbank and Cunners were given contract after contract, even though it was clear their bodies were shot years ago. Fantasia was signed last year, for 2 years (his body has been shot for years). Can’t help Jack Martin still being at the club since he signed for 5 years, but Marchbank and Cunners should have been gone 3 years ago and Fantasia never should have been signed.

McGovern signed a 2 year contract at the end of last year, his body has not stood up to AFL in every other year that wasn’t a contract year. Our club do love their sick notes. The cheaper, the better.

You’d think there isn’t an abundance of healthier players to grab from other clubs over the years. Marchbank and Cunners were given contract after contract, even though it was clear their bodies were shot years ago. Fantasia was signed last year, for 2 years (his body has been shot for years). Can’t help Jack Martin still being at the club since he signed for 5 years, but Marchbank and Cunners should have been gone 3 years ago and Fantasia never should have been signed.

McGovern signed a 2 year contract at the end of last year, his body has not stood up to AFL in every other year that wasn’t a contract year. Our club do love their sick notes. The cheaper, the better.
I'm fine with the Fantasia one, it was literally a free hit. Picked him up for nothing and he's likely on min wage.

Marchbank/Cunners should've been gone years ago as you said. It's incredibly clear Martin isn't up to it. There might be a club that takes a punt on him but it'd be for peanuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back