The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that because he called Port supporters entitled for booing Ken right before he went on a run that's seen them surge to second? Yeah really came out of that one looking like an idiot.
I'd give Port fans a finals tickets ban if I were Port HQ with how they disrespect their coach. Worst fan base in the AFL.

I'd give Port fans a finals tickets ban if I were Port HQ with how they disrespect their coach. Worst fan base in the AFL.
We've had a grand final ban while Hinkley has been at the club for 12 years.

Been paid 10mil to win 0 prelims. Biggest loser in AFL history.

We've had a grand final ban while Hinkley has been at the club for 12 years.

Been paid 10mil to win 0 prelims. Biggest loser in AFL history.
What year were you the clear best team in it?
You've competed against 2 dynasty teams in Ken's time.

Haw 13-15 and RFC 17-20. Both having knocked you out in those periods, just as they've knocked out my club, and have done so to the bloods as well. We stuck with our coaches after early success (2011-12) met with lots of close misses after that, in the same era that Ken has had a lot of finals disappointment also. Sydney are still searching for that reward for effort premiership like Scott got in 2022.

I'll give you last year and 2021 they were poor finals campaigns.

What year were you the clear best team in it?
You've competed against 2 dynasty teams in Ken's time.

Haw 13-15 and RFC 17-20. Both having knocked you out in those periods, just as they've knocked out my club, and have done so to the bloods as well. We stuck with our coaches after early success (2011-12) met with lots of close misses after that, in the same era that Ken has had a lot of finals disappointment also. Sydney are still searching for that reward for effort premiership like Scott got in 2022.

I'll give you last year and 2021 they were poor finals campaigns.
Making a grand final requires two teams. 2014 and 2020 were the biggest missed opportunities.

He's had an unprecedented amount of time to do it at least once and failed.

Making a grand final requires two teams. 2014 and 2020 were the biggest missed opportunities.

But that's precisely my point mate. You're not the only club to lose finals to clubs in the middle of a dynasty.
2014 you weren't top 4 and were 4 goals down to the Hawks at 3QT as they go B2B the next week.

I've seen what you're going through all too well 2012-21 and I get its frustrating, you feel like H&A wins don't matter, but I don't think it got close to the abuse and vitriol Ken cops. Think that's where it goes too far.

Next fortnight determines how I feel on 2024. Think a GF should be expected if you finish top 2.
Very open year.

In fairness to Kenny Stinkley he can make all that forgotten in an instant if they actually win it this year.

Port cocked up golden opportunities in 2020-21 losing two home Prelims. You could somewhat forgive 2020 coming up a team just finishing a dynasty and it was a game that went down to the wire, but still a lost opportunity.

2021 was inexcusable, one of the biggest bed-shittings I've witnessed given they literally had everything going for them. The Dogs had key players out injured after a bruising semi final against Brisbane, they travelled from Tassie to Brisbane and then to Adelaide, and weren't even allowed to train that week. Really, that was the time to make the hard call on him, but if they didn't after 2019 (missing finals four out of five seasons) they weren't going to then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port cocked up golden opportunities in 2020-21 losing two home Prelims. You could somewhat forgive 2020 coming up a team just finishing a dynasty and it was a game that went down to the wire, but still a lost opportunity.

2021 was inexcusable, one of the biggest bed-shittings I've witnessed given they literally had everything going for them. The Dogs had key players out injured after a bruising semi final against Brisbane, they travelled from Tassie to Brisbane and then to Adelaide, and weren't even allowed to train that week. Really, that was the time to make the hard call on him, but if they didn't after 2019 (missing finals four out of five seasons) they weren't going to then.
Even with a talented list they play a god damn ugly brand of footy too.

Only Essendon, Gold Coast and St Kilda have won less finals in the last 10 years than Port Adelaide. Every other side minus North and Carlton have made a Grand Final in that time as well.

He’s had 12 years to put together a team capable of winning the flag and hasn’t been able to get it done, I think that’s more than enough time. We’ve had some pretty good teams in that time as well, we’ve seen other coaches do better with less.

Fans have every right to be frustrated, especially having to listen to the constant patronising gaslighting hogwash from the media, and that all boiled over in the Brisbane game.

As for Cornes, he’s just a massive hypocrite. He openly and proudly admits to trying to get the likes of Beveridge and Simpson sacked from their jobs, but draws the line at some fans booing a tv screen, supporters see through his nonsense.

Only Essendon, Gold Coast and St Kilda have won less finals in the last 10 years than Port Adelaide. Every other side minus North and Carlton have made a Grand Final in that time as well.

He’s had 12 years to put together a team capable of winning the flag and hasn’t been able to get it done, I think that’s more than enough time. We’ve had some pretty good teams in that time as well, we’ve seen other coaches do better with less.

Fans have every right to be frustrated, especially having to listen to the constant patronising gaslighting hogwash from the media, and that all boiled over in the Brisbane game.

As for Cornes, he’s just a massive hypocrite. He openly and proudly admits to trying to get the likes of Beveridge and Simpson sacked from their jobs, but draws the line at some fans booing a tv screen, supporters see through his nonsense.

You say he hasn't built a good team then say he has built a good team. He's consistently done well in the H&A season but struggled in finals, much better than your previous coaches. Just don't think he's as bad as you make out and has been reasonably unlucky outside of 2021.

Cornes was criticising fans in the ground not people sat at home.. Also not sure he's ever "proudly admitted to trying to get Beveridge and Simpson sacked" but feel free to post a link, he's just been rightly critical of the former given their good list and the latter has been criticised by everyone.

I think Chris Scott had a bad finals run before ‘22 …something like 3 wins in 10-12 games. It wasn’t because he was a bad coach

You say he hasn't built a good team then say he has built a good team. He's consistently done well in the H&A season but struggled in finals, much better than your previous coaches. Just don't think he's as bad as you make out and has been reasonably unlucky outside of 2021.

Cornes was criticising fans in the ground not people sat at home.. Also not sure he's ever "proudly admitted to trying to get Beveridge and Simpson sacked" but feel free to post a link, he's just been rightly critical of the former given their good list and the latter has been criticised by everyone.

He’s done a better job than Primus, who he took over from. Our coach before that won a flag.

I don’t think he’s bad coach, but he’s had 12 years to try and win a flag or make a grand final and hasn’t been able to get it done. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to want change after that long.
I don’t hate the guy (only sometimes) and I hope he wins the flag this year, I just want what’s best for the team.

I only listen to Kane on his Friday morning show with David King, but he’s said on there more than once that he’s been trying to get Bevo sacked for two years, that goes beyond just fair criticism. And if he wants to go that far that’s fine, but you can’t then have a go at fans for booing Hinkley when he appears on the big screen and say it’s beyond the pale.

He’s done a better job than Primus, who he took over from. Our coach before that won a flag.

I don’t think he’s bad coach, but he’s had 12 years to try and win a flag or make a grand final and hasn’t been able to get it done. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to want change after that long.
I don’t hate the guy (only sometimes) and I hope he wins the flag this year, I just want what’s best for the team.

I only listen to Kane on his Friday morning show with David King, but he’s said on there more than once that he’s been trying to get Bevo sacked for two years, that goes beyond just fair criticism. And if he wants to go that far that’s fine, but you can’t then have a go at fans for booing Hinkley when he appears on the big screen and say it’s beyond the pale.
I listen every week because I think they have great chemistry and I must say I've never heard him say he's actively trying to get Beveridge sacked but I'll take your word for it.

I listen every week because I think they have great chemistry and I must say I've never heard him say he's actively trying to get Beveridge sacked but I'll take your word for it.

Yeah they’re a great combo. I like listening to Kane and think he’s been overall pretty good for the AFL media which has generally been pretty bland for years.

I’ll try and find it when I have the time, I know he said it though because I shot a text through like a nuffy calling him a hypocrite lol.

I think Chris Scott had a bad finals run before ‘22 …something like 3 wins in 10-12 games. It wasn’t because he was a bad coach
I am only commenting and calling out behaviour of Port faithful because I have seen the same movies they have.

2016 PF in Vic against interstate team 9 goals down at HT (comparative to Port 21). Then 19 QF withdrawing the ruckman anticipating rain only for it not to arrive and Grundy kicks our arse.

17, 19, 20. Either neck and neck or ahead only for Dusty to 3 times go on a tear and win the game by himself.

2014 straight sets.

2021 humiliating massive defeat.

Seen all the same stuff.
I think the abuse and disrespect is where I disagree with the Port faithful.

I find it amusing the only ones defending Kenny is those that don't have to endure his failures year in and year out as a supporter.

Why is any coach employed in their position? To ultimately win a premiership, no? He's been given more loyalty and leniency than pretty much any coach in history.

I've got nothing against Port/Ken, I'd be quite happy to see them win this year. If you can't figure out why Port supporters are pissed off with Ken/the club though, I don't know what to tell you.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back