The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad day losing TGO.
The nerdling will be a lesser man for missing his sermons.

Put out your winnie blues.
Think Fox have misunderstood why that show works.

Turning it into another generic footy show won't help.

Didn't Fagan.
Fagan didn't start the rebuild. Leppitsch did.

While McQualter isn't starting one either you could argue how far along you are also matters. Brisbane came good 3rd year of Fagan. Are West Coast as far along? I'm not convinced they are.

Think Fox have misunderstood why that show works.

Turning it into another generic footy show won't help.
Needling and Robbo played well off each other. The well spoken Whateley and the passionate journo with the beating heart of footy bogan.

Yeah I'd buy that if they had someone else conduct interviews, but Robbo embarrassed himself and the network whenever he talked to coaches, players, or random celebrities they had on the show who always looked bemused at having to deal with him. The 'it's nice having a true blue Aussie on the show' rings hollow to me and him being moved on is long overdue. Probably around the first time he took a leave of absence and we had Dunstall and others covering for him and realised just how lacking he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if it was only an on-screen persona that's one thing but he reportedly barely ever turned up to pre-production meetings and was late to filming so it's not as if he was particularly professional off screen.

Dinosaurs like Robbo and BT shouldn’t be anywhere near the current AFL.
Apparently BT is a ripping bloke away from footy.

Mates of mine did his extension and electrical work on his joint at Lorne not long after COVID restrictions were lifted circa 2022. Would turn up randomly and shout them all lunch and beers. Would drop by with pizzas for smoko.

Gave them all cash bonuses at the end for a job well done.

And if it was only an on-screen persona that's one thing but he reportedly barely ever turned up to pre-production meetings and was late to filming so it's not as if he was particularly professional off screen.
He was entirely unprofessional, him turning up 10-15 mins late to a show this year was comical.

But just turning it into another vanilla footy show will hurt them even more. They need to find a slightly more professional version of who they just had.

He was entirely unprofessional, him turning up 10-15 mins late to a show this year was comical.

But just turning it into another vanilla footy show will hurt them even more. They need to find a slightly more professional version of who they just had.

They tried hard for Kane which would have been perfect.

Won't get this with a Jordan Lewis or Joey Montagna etc

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back