Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Ran out of puff. Different to 2008 where we DID splutter, choke, fall over and watch helplessly as you skated on to victory.

Only ourselves to blame though. I've said it before and I'll say it again - well done, Hawks:thumbsu:

Graciousness right there, if it wasn't for us you guys would gave 5 flags in 7 years. Must kind of suck a little bit...

Received a great surprise today when the postie delivered the latest Hawktalk, Issue 2, 2013 Yearbook "WE ARE PREMIERS" edition. Yeeessss! :D

It's a wonderful read and prolongs the afterglow of our Premiership win. It's a bit like that old ad for Walpamur paint - "It Just Keeps On Keeping On" :hearts:

The 2013 Premiership, the gift that keeps on giving :thumbsu: :)

We're still talking about the Hawk Talk year book, right? ;)

Yep - read cover to cover:thumbsu:

It is mentioned in this book 'Agent Smith' that your sealing goal was 60 metres:thumbsu:.

Still believe that in the 10 year reunion 'you' will be saying it went 75metres ;)

Speaking of Hawktalk, can anyone find a picture of Buddy?

I think he's been excised totally!

Yes, that's exactly what I thought! Even the game by game review section, they've used a picture of his back for the Essendon game where they could hardly avoid mentioning him.

I guess nobody wants to see his smug face anymore.

Both of my boys have the Knight poster in their bedrooms and we still have the Herald-Sun double page team photo hanging in our family room. I think we spent close to $80 at Officeworks getting all the various posters and newspaper items laminated - a sound investment I reckon.

Oh, and we still have a Hawks scarf on each banister as you climb the steps to our front door plus we have 2 Hawks flags still flying out the front of our house - a nice warm welcome to anyone visiting our "very happy" home ;)

Think I'll take 'em down just in time for Round 1 - don't want to appear too smug to our neighbours!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of my boys have the Knight poster in their bedrooms and we still have the Herald-Sun double page team photo hanging in our family room. I think we spent close to $80 at Officeworks getting all the various posters and newspaper items laminated - a sound investment I reckon.

Oh, and we still have a Hawks scarf on each banister as you climb the steps to our front door plus we have 2 Hawks flags still flying out the front of our house - a nice warm welcome to anyone visiting our "very happy" home ;)

Think I'll take 'em down just in time for Round 1 - don't want to appear too smug to our neighbours!
My missus is a (gulp!) massive Swannies supporter. We've both had our premiers posters of recent times up in the front window for the full twelve months, only taking them down when we were no longer reigning premiers. This year will be no different.
F*** the neighbours, premierships don't come around every year (even for Hawthorn), smug it up mate!

Ran out of puff. Different to 2008 where we DID splutter, choke, fall over and watch helplessly as you skated on to victory.

Only ourselves to blame though. I've said it before and I'll say it again - well done, Hawks:thumbsu:

Falling over? Skating?

What are you saying Sicko? ;)

Sorry, mate, Geelong choked in 2008 AND 2013.

If they didn't choke, they panicked...

Sorry, mate, Geelong choked in 2008 AND 2013.

If they didn't choke, they panicked...

Davo, your grey cat's cute, but why do you have a cat avatar in a Hawks forum!

Actually, our neighbour's cat (looks like your cat) keeps coming into our yard to catch the birds. When we come out, it panics and runs away with its tail between its legs. That's what happened to the Cats. :)

Davo, your grey cat's cute, but why do you have a cat avatar in a Hawks forum!

Actually, our neighbour's cat (looks like your cat) keeps coming into our yard to catch the birds. When we come out, it panics and runs away with its tail between its legs. That's what happened to the Cats. :)

He's a beautiful, brown Burmese cat.
He never chokes (on his food)!

And he hates cats, fights with every cat who comes near him!

To quote another poster in another thread that we have a "free hit in 2014" is the best of all :thumbsu:

The prospect that we may go B2B and with it set up a 3peat is very arousing :D

If we don't, we fricken won it in 2013 which is a grand relief for all our recent efforts. Not many clubs can claim this for their efforts and coz we are such a gun club, we did it!

A-grade trade acquisitions together with our quality rising talent next year and the sun is shining through our arses right now

Mate you are good poster and as far as i'm concerned most Geelong supporters that i know respect Hawthorn (they hate them) but there is the respect that we are a good team and we have had some titanic battles of late. Long may it continue hopefully we are on the end of some nail biters God knows we need to square the ledger :thumbsu:

The best thing about winning the flag is reading this article by Tim Lane notorious Hawthorn Hater after tipping us to lose by 36 points. He would have been mighty p155ed while writing this, especially if asked by his editor to.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorn-enters-new-realm-20130928-2uld6.html

TIM LANE Ross Lyon’s Fremantle has raised the influence of defence to an unprecedented level. still needs to get better
Fremantle by 36 points.
Norm Smith: Barlow (Frem)

GARRY LYONGreater midfield depth and two small forwards the Hawks might struggle to match up on. yes gary far greater depth and 2 magical forwards
Fremantle by 15 points.

ROBERT WALLSRoss Lyon knows that his bottom six players are far better than the bottom six he had at St Kilda. problem is Robert that are those freo bottom 6 players better than the opposition's bottom 6 players?
Fremantle by 10 points.
Norm Smith: Fyfe (Frem)

BOB MURPHY
I saw the new high-water mark of defensive pressure from Fremantle last week. When Geelong’s pressure was at it’s best last week, the Hawks didn’t look nearly as assured with the ball. It will be close, but I think Freo will get its nose in front. I think you're trying for a late nomination for Rascal of the Year Bob.
Fremantle by 6 points.

CAROLINE WILSONThe Dockers defenders are playing better than the Hawthorn forwards, and their midfield is now superior. The message is that Ross Lyon has sowed the seed in their minds that they hold the upper hand. Your reporting of the Essendon saga is a lot better than your football knowledge.
Fremantle by 10 points

CHLOE SALTAUFremantle has giants in the ruck, maniacs in defence and, in Pav, an inspirational leader – a good grand final mix. you forgot turnover merchants in the midfield and Hodge a more inspirational leader.
Fremantle by 5 points.
Norm Smith: Pavlich (Frem)

JON PIERIKFreo not only boasts the stingiest defence in the competition, and pressure tactics to marvel at, but this team can score. The Hawks’ high-possession style faces its greatest test. What do you think Jon? C+ for the game style?
Fremantle by 15 points.

MARTIN FLANAGANFreo is the more even team – its lesser players are better than Hawthorn’s lesser players. If you mean better than Daniel Pratt, Sam Iles, Bryce Retzlaff, David Mirra and Rhys Panui-Leth yes they are Hawks but more of the Box Hill variety.
Fremantle by 15 points.

Reading HawkTalk that's just come out, apparently with over 85 premiership products on offer in stores and online ,HawksNest has experienced a 35% increase in sales since the Grand Final compared to the same two weeks period in 2008.

It's all good :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Reading HawkTalk that's just come out, apparently with over 85 premiership products on offer in stores and online ,HawksNest has experienced a 35% increase in sales since the Grand Final compared to the same two weeks period in 2008.

It's all good :thumbsu::thumbsu:

And that's with Buddy announcing within two days that he was leaving. All good :thumbsu:

The best thing about winning the flag is reading this article by Tim Lane notorious Hawthorn Hater after tipping us to lose by 36 points. He would have been mighty p155ed while writing this, especially if asked by his editor to.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorn-enters-new-realm-20130928-2uld6.html

TIM LANE Ross Lyon’s Fremantle has raised the influence of defence to an unprecedented level. still needs to get better
Fremantle by 36 points.

GARRY LYONGreater midfield depth and two small forwards the Hawks might struggle to match up on. yes gary far greater depth and 2 magical forwards
Fremantle by 15 points.

ROBERT WALLSRoss Lyon knows that his bottom six players are far better than the bottom six he had at St Kilda. problem is Robert that are those freo bottom 6 players better than the opposition's bottom 6 players?
Fremantle by 10 points.

BOB MURPHY
I saw the new high-water mark of defensive pressure from Fremantle last week. When Geelong’s pressure was at it’s best last week, the Hawks didn’t look nearly as assured with the ball. It will be close, but I think Freo will get its nose in front. I think you're trying for a late nomination for Rascal of the Year Bob.
Fremantle by 6 points.

CAROLINE WILSONThe Dockers defenders are playing better than the Hawthorn forwards, and their midfield is now superior. The message is that Ross Lyon has sowed the seed in their minds that they hold the upper hand. Your reporting of the Essendon saga is a lot better than your football knowledge.
Fremantle by 10 points

CHLOE SALTAUFremantle has giants in the ruck, maniacs in defence and, in Pav, an inspirational leader – a good grand final mix. you forgot turnover merchants in the midfield and Hodge a more inspirational leader.
Fremantle by 5 points.
Norm Smith: Pavlich (Frem)

JON PIERIKFreo not only boasts the stingiest defence in the competition, and pressure tactics to marvel at, but this team can score. The Hawks’ high-possession style faces its greatest test. What do you think Jon? C+ for the game style?
Fremantle by 15 points.

MARTIN FLANAGANFreo is the more even team – its lesser players are better than Hawthorn’s lesser players. If you mean better than Daniel Pratt, Sam Iles, Bryce Retzlaff, David Mirra and Rhys Panui-Leth yes they are Hawks but more of the Box Hill variety.
Fremantle by 15 points.

Would have been better if you didn't add you own comments in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back