The BF Trade Rumors Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SEN Trade Rumor/Update Thread

Farren ray is garbage. 2nd round pick for boyle or no dice.
If Ray is garbage, Boyle is effluent.
Did you put the "and" in the wrong place? The Hawks shouldn't trade any of there talls unless people are offering there house for them! Talls are gold![/quote]

I think that should read quality talls are gold, pathetic talls (such as Boyle) are lumps of clay. Hopefully Hawks ask a high price for him so we forget about him, he is hopeless
Eggsackery.

I agree (with some of it, think you are underating Boyle, but the thought is right).

Think about it. Ottens got Richmond 2 first round picks. Judd got one and a player. Talls are gold. I can't remember too many teams saying they desperately need a midfielder. Plenty are desperate for a tall forward.
I hope you are not comparing Judd and Ottens to Thorpe. Thorpe cannot get a run in your senior team, mainly due to the strength of your forward line but he is certainly not even in the same ballpark.

I hope you are not comparing Judd and Ottens to Thorpe. Thorpe cannot get a run in your senior team, mainly due to the strength of your forward line but he is certainly not even in the same ballpark.
Thorp*
And the fact THORP has been battling injury all year might be a bigger reason why he cant crack the seniors.

Thorp*
And the fact THORP has been battling injury all year might be a bigger reason why he cant crack the seniors.
Does that increase or decrease his trade value though? It is not because he is not good enough to crack the side with Roughead and Franklin, it is because he is injured all the time? I don't think that really improves his trade value at all...

Hasn't really been any yet.

Nothing we don't already know anyway.

Hawthorn/Essendon interested in O'Keefe
Sydney interested in Lovett
Collingwood say Shaw isn't on the table

etc.

Expect some news at the end of the day though I'd imagine.

of course not, he's under the table. Kid can't hold his drink :D

With Sydney holding talks with Lovett as early as last week and now the AFL website claiming "Bombers keen on O'Keefe", how likely does everyone think it is that a deal will be done which would see these 2 swap clubs, as well as some draft picks of some order?
Has O'Keefe announced his preferred club yet?? I read somewhere he was an Essendon boy as a child.. not sure if that means he was a just a Dons supporter or actually from the area?
I'd like to see him in the red and black simply becauce he is a quality player and takes a good defender. What do other Dons fans think?

With Sydney holding talks with Lovett as early as last week and now the AFL website claiming "Bombers keen on O'Keefe", how likely does everyone think it is that a deal will be done which would see these 2 swap clubs, as well as some draft picks of some order?
Has O'Keefe announced his preferred club yet?? I read somewhere he was an Essendon boy as a child.. not sure if that means he was a just a Dons supporter or actually from the area?
I'd like to see him in the red and black simply becauce he is a quality player and takes a good defender. What do other Dons fans think?

If ROK went to the bombers dont you think it would be a huge backflip on matthew knights' behalf? after coming out and retiring peverill and JJ when they probably had another year in them claiming they were going on a strictly youth policy to then recruit a 28 year old, wouldn't be the best image for the club..... take it from me (a hawks supporter) its tempting to go after a quality player with the opportunity but fact is to go forward u have to go back and thats what the bombers should do!

I had these on the board, but for some reason they were removed.

They came from decent sources, and are worth relisting in case anyone missed them

- Setanta O'Hailpin to Melbourne for Pick 51
- Ryan Houlihan to Richmond for Pick 26 and Adam Pattison

As I said in the other threads, they came from decent sources, and are rumours.
Considering they are just rumours, people can either believe them or ignore them.
I never said they are 100% certainties, just rumours

Not sure whey the threads were deleted

If ROK went to the bombers dont you think it would be a huge backflip on matthew knights' behalf? after coming out and retiring peverill and JJ when they probably had another year in them claiming they were going on a strictly youth policy to then recruit a 28 year old, wouldn't be the best image for the club..... take it from me (a hawks supporter) its tempting to go after a quality player with the opportunity but fact is to go forward u have to go back and thats what the bombers should do!
Dodoro has said that although O'Keefe is a great player, he isn't really a priority as we are looking at 22-23 year olds or to obtain some draft picks ourselves.
With Lovett on the market, then i expect that we will be looking for a draft pick, rather than a trade involving O'Keefe.

FWIW, i reckon Hawks pick 16 for O'Keefe would be fair, and a more likely result.

Dodoro has said that although O'Keefe is a great player, he isn't really a priority as we are looking at 22-23 year olds or to obtain some draft picks ourselves.
With Lovett on the market, then i expect that we will be looking for a draft pick, rather than a trade involving O'Keefe.

FWIW, i reckon Hawks pick 16 for O'Keefe would be fair, and a more likely result.

yeh cheers mate, i was just replying to one of your supporters saying it would be a good move getting ROK to the dons what did dons fans think, and i thought id just give my two cents worth, but yeah it wouldn't be the best idea for the dons to pick him up. i think boyle and pick 16 tbh, guess we'll have to see what happens, but apparently the sticking point is the salary... hawks will probably offer close to 500 in the end!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand where you're coming from.. however O'Keefe in 2009 is many classes above JJ and Pev. Would be handy player to have on any list.

I had these on the board, but for some reason they were removed.

They came from decent sources, and are worth relisting in case anyone missed them

- Setanta O'Hailpin to Melbourne for Pick 51
- Ryan Houlihan to Richmond for Pick 26 and Adam Pattison

As I said in the other threads, they came from decent sources, and are rumours.
Considering they are just rumours, people can either believe them or ignore them.
I never said they are 100% certainties, just rumours

Not sure whey the threads were deleted

lol at the Houlihan trade. Its obviously bullshit.

For those interested, Matt Thompson from SEN will be on SEN at around 7:50 tonight to discuss today's happenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back