The BF Trade Rumors Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate the guys who are there reporting reckon its just so quiet.

SEN were forced to move onto different topics because there was simply no news to talk about. Perhaps a lot has been settled and they are just waiting for final day to make their moves.

I just dont think many deals are being considered by clubs because they want to keep hold of draft picks.

Trade weeks are renowned for being fizzers. Well I get the feeling this will be the biggest for a while.

I've got a little bit of mail about the way the O'Keefe to Hawthorn deal will be worked out. Sydney want pick 16 and a player (or two). Sydney have chosen players they are interested in and Hawthorn have crossed a few off this list and they are trying to agree on a suitable player. Also they haven't completely given up hope on keeping him, they are just going through the due process, although it still is apparently 90% going ahead.

I don't usually do this and I am usually the first one to say "source or it's not true" or "I can't name my source is not a source". But I have some genuine mail.

I've got a little bit of mail about the way the O'Keefe to Hawthorn deal will be worked out. Sydney want pick 16 and a player (or two). Sydney have chosen players they are interested in and Hawthorn have crossed a few off this list and they are trying to agree on a suitable player. Also they haven't completely given up hope on keeping him, they are just going through the due process, although it still is apparently 90% going ahead.

I don't usually do this and I am usually the first one to say "source or it's not true" or "I can't name my source is not a source". But I have some genuine mail.

that sounds pretty creditable mate, you wouldnt have any idea who the players sydney are suggesting are would you? also would i be right in thinking Mitch Thorp was crossed off the list?
cheers in advance mate

There is a rumoured straight swap between Prismall and Lovett...maybe a pick in there somewhere

i've heard that geelong don't have the dollars to pay lovett?? has anyone heard any more on lovett to sydney? what would we have to give the bombers if o'keefe goes to the hawks? surely lovett wouldn't command pick 16? he's fast, brilliant etc, but has baggage...would the bombers take our second round pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age reckons this deal might proceed:

Hawthorn receive Ryan O'Keefe

Hawthorn gives up pick 16 and Simon Taylor

Melbourne receives pick 16 and Simon Taylor

Melbourne gives up Brad Green

Sydney receives Brad Green

Sydney gives up Ryan O'Keefe

The Age reckons this deal might proceed:

Hawthorn receive Ryan O'Keefe

Hawthorn gives up pick 16 and Simon Taylor

Melbourne receives pick 16 and Simon Taylor

Melbourne gives up Brad Green

Sydney receives Brad Green

Sydney gives up Ryan O'Keefe

Melbourne will have a win if this scenerio plays out.

Rumour

The Swans and Pies straight swap. O'Keefe for Didak.

Who would lose out there???? Maybe the pies i reckon.

O'Keefe turns 28 in Jan and has kicked 178 goals in 164 games.
Didak turns 26 in Feb and has kicked 195 goals in 138 games.

Similar players.

O'Keefe >>>>>>>> Green

Sydney getting shafted big time.

I agree that O'Keefe is better then Green, maybe a few less >>'s, but i'm not sure on their exact value.

The thing people seem to be forgetting is that Sydney are in a weak position in this trade and may not get exactly what he's worth. They also want Green, so while it's a high price to pay they lose a player who wants to leave and gain a player they want. They could do worse

What i can't understand is why the Age has thrown in Simon Taylor? Not that i'm argueing because this improves the deal for Melbourne, but Melbourne getting pick 16 for Green was already pretty good. Unless they add in something else that Melbourne give to Sydney, i can't understand the logic of adding Taylor to the trade.

Rumour

The Swans and Pies straight swap. O'Keefe for Didak.

Who would lose out there???? Maybe the pies i reckon.

O'Keefe turns 28 in Jan and has kicked 178 goals in 164 games.
Didak turns 26 in Feb and has kicked 195 goals in 138 games.

Similar players.

c'mon mate,

you're kidding aren't you? Similar players??? Dids was the leading kick-getter in the league. His goal-assists over the past three years have been league elite. He can win his own ball in the middle and conjour goals out of nowhere. He is young and has his best 5 years ahead of him.
ROK is a great player, but he doesn't have the polish or class of Didak.

Collingwood would lose out big time in the deal.

c'mon mate,

you're kidding aren't you? Similar players??? Dids was the leading kick-getter in the league. His goal-assists over the past three years have been league elite. He can win his own ball in the middle and conjour goals out of nowhere. He is young and has his best 5 years ahead of him.
ROK is a great player, but he doesn't have the polish or class of Didak.

Collingwood would lose out big time in the deal.

What about the fact that Didak is very unreliable off-field?

What about the fact that Didak is very unreliable off-field?

VERY UNRELIABLE??!!!??

The guy has been involved in two incidents and one was him being dumb enough to lie to the club.

Hardly indiscretions that would end someone's career.

The guy is one of the MOST RELIABLE players on field and clubs are in the business of winning premierships.

Are you going to sit there, in your glass tower and throw stones at someone in his mid-twenties for making dumb mistakes??

Hardly indiscretions that would end someone's career.
An accomplice (at the very least) in a drive by shooting (with a multiple murderer) and a drunken car accident.

Both could have been fatal.

Barely end a career? Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back