The Big Buddy move??

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell was with those non holding the ball decisions against him. How can anyone watch that and think the umpires are not corrupt?
What the hell was with those non holding the ball decisions against him. How can anyone watch that and think the umpires are not corrupt?
Umpires are not corrupt.
They are just sometimes inept.
Like when Enright shoved Rioli so hard in the back last night and ignored it.
Enright admitted his luck on radio today.
One of many that could go either way. We move on.

Corrupt!!!

Spare me please pea brain.

He played very high against GWS - played well, but was never going to impact on the scoreboard.
Longmire and co. might revise how they utilize his talent after this season has played out.

We're not out of it yet. Flag or not the Buddy trade has been a spectacular success.
I agree completely for you guys, but a win for us as well. We picked up Mummy when he was pushed out in the deal, and kept the cap space to help retain our young guys.

No doubt a failure so far, Needs to win them a flag for it to be a success and that may not happen, Losing players will start to happen as well starting with Tom Mitchell, This bold move may really blow up in their faces sooner rather than later.
This.

McAvaney's waxing lyrical about Buddy's "football brain" was off the mark. His strategy was mostly to use his momentum to barge through tackles, which he never quite managed to do effectively, and didn't get goal side of his opponent at all by my recollection. Granted he appeared to be somewhat hampered today, but it wasn't his finest hour.

No doubt a failure so far, Needs to win them a flag for it to be a success and that may not happen, Losing players will start to happen as well starting with Tom Mitchell, This bold move may really blow up in their faces sooner rather than later.

Not just a fail but an epic fail. Sydney probably laughed and thought yep we will nail a few premierships out of this coup. Football can throw many different variables, Buddy may yet have another unexplained absence from the game, his wonky knee might finally give in due to the rigors of the game, he could get injured and have to retire earlier than the contracted period.

To not win a premiership during the length of the contract will be a disaster for the Swans and its going to get tougher with Buddy getting older he will lose influence due to aging AND the Swans players will soon start departing because the Swans can't afford to keep them.

Haha you blokes are genuine **** wits you just watched the Bulldogs finally win one after how many years? And you're saying the swans had to win one with Franklin in? Never mind the fact he's their best player comfortably. Without him they'd be lucky to make top 4 but yeah let's just presume they'll magically win a premiership

Buddy probably wishes now he took up the GWS offer 3 years ago. He would win more flags with the Giants than he will with the Swans.

He has already won 2 premierships mate you do realize some players couldn't care less if they win 2 or 4-5? He has felt that feeling when other players haven't after 300 plus games, he has a massive contract and he's away from the Melbourne bullshit. Yeah let's say he did poorly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha you blokes are genuine **** wits you just watched the Bulldogs finally win one after how many years? And you're saying the swans had to win one with Franklin in? Never mind the fact he's their best player comfortably. Without him they'd be lucky to make top 4 but yeah let's just presume they'll magically win a premiership
Magic? Who's the ****wit now? Minor Premiers, paid massive $$ for 2 'gun' messiah forwards and the flags have just rolled in???
Yes they have to win flags with the greatest and highest paid forward in the game....I mean with Boyd, the doggies have..

This comment was also made by some of the morons in the afl media, why does it have to be a flag or failure? They've won 2 minor premierships in 3 years, both years he was outstanding. I remember the port Adelaide game at scg in 2014, he won that game with one of the most immense quarters I've seen from one player. Also, he's more than held up his end of the bargain, not only kicking goals but general effort.

It's not basketball with 5 players per side, it's afl, 18 players on the field. One player doesnt win you a premiership, eg Gary ablett Sr. never won a flag.

why would buddy care he is up in sydney on a mil a year with access to the best coke ****ing his model mrs and any other poon he wishes while not having to put up with **** heads like robbo and co.

This comment was also made by some of the morons in the afl media, why does it have to be a flag or failure? They've won 2 minor premierships in 3 years, both years he was outstanding. I remember the port Adelaide game at scg in 2014, he won that game with one of the most immense quarters I've seen from one player. Also, he's more than held up his end of the bargain, not only kicking goals but general effort.

It's not basketball with 5 players per side, it's afl, 18 players on the field. One player doesnt win you a premiership, eg Gary ablett Sr. never won a flag.

They got him in to win premierships
Buddy himself said he wanted to win more premierships

It's a failure (on the field) if Sydney doesn't win a flag while he's still playing for them.

He has already won 2 premierships mate you do realize some players couldn't care less if they win 2 or 4-5? He has felt that feeling when other players haven't after 300 plus games, he has a massive contract and he's away from the Melbourne bullshit. Yeah let's say he did poorly
In the end of the day, I wanted to come to a club that was going to win more premierships," Franklin said.

"GWS are going to be great, no doubt, but that's probably four to five years (away), I want success pretty much straight away - that's why I chose Sydney."

He denied suggestions that a desire to get out of the Melbourne media spotlight had triggered his decision to move

http://m.radioaustralia.net.au/inte...ineyear-10-million-move-from-hawthorn/1202162

Paid big money for individual ok-ness?? Nope! Premiership window....something Boyd and Beverage seem to understand.... blame his team all you want....if I buy the fastest car, I expect to win the race.

Just a quick Q. When he was tackled by morris and then Boyd kicked a goal from 60, what was buddy looking at ahead of him? Seemed strange that he bulked at kicking forward 60m and tried to run to the side. A real **** up.

Just a quick Q. When he was tackled by morris and then Boyd kicked a goal from 60, what was buddy looking at ahead of him? Seemed strange that he bulked at kicking forward 60m and tried to run to the side. A real **** up.
Don't know wtf he was thinking, but he ended up setting up the sealer.

Buddy made a better move than Ablett, the problem might be that the Swans will have to contend with both the rise of the Bulldogs and GWS who will only get better. This was a bonus win for the Dogs, they might win 2 or 3 in a row and the only team who can stop them will be the "short people" I think the next 3 or 4 Premierships will only go to the Dogs or GWS.

They got him in to win premierships
Buddy himself said he wanted to win more premierships

It's a failure (on the field) if Sydney doesn't win a flag while he's still playing for them.

It's still not a failure on field. For a start he's made grand finals. Secondly, he's played well. He wanted to win grand finals. Sure, doesn't every player? But it's a team game. Not his fault some players on his team have spudded it up.

100% success would be premiership. But just because he might not achieve 100% success, doesn't make it a failure.

what he's done so far, and 2 grand finals, I'm sure Sydney and Buddy would say it's been a pass on the field. Anything more in the next 6 years, will push it up to credit, distinction or high distinction. But failure, nope.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Big Buddy move??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back