The Big Footy Liverpool Army Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
high bet torres

no its not good form, at all. Unfortunately it shows that we still lack in depth.

Yes we drew, we're 2 clear of Chelsea now... what's the bet they come out of firing after seeing us, Utd and Arsenal slip up and absolutely smash West Ham, 4 or 5 nil?

It's a done deal as far as I am concerned.

Aurelio this week. Please. Insua even. Just not Doss. **** him

Are our backs suspect or what? Sorry Carragher I know you are a club legend but you score way too many own goals for my liking. That's his second this season. Before the Hull match, they did a segment on Fox Sports. He has kicked 3 own goals against Spurs in his career. The two own goals he has kicked this season has cost LFC dearly.

The million dollar question, was this a fortunate weekend or an opportunity lost? or both?

Either way we've managed to stay top somehow

can it be both? again we dropped points at home, but lucky that chelsea could only muster a draw as well.

if we lose the league by a few points we'll be ruing the this game, stoke and spurs.

The million dollar question, was this a fortunate weekend or an opportunity lost? or both?

Either way we've managed to stay top somehow

It means we have to beat Arsenal whereas a point might have been enough otherwise.

Win this Sunday and I think we're a genuine contender. Draw and we probably meander along for a few more weeks. Lose and we are pretenders, not contenders. This game will make or break our season, I reckon.

Keane
Riera Gerrard Kuyt
Mascherano Alonso
Insua Agger Carragher Arbeloa
Reina

:thumbsu:

Yep, I pretty much like that, but I'd want Gerrard to make sure he stays close to Keane, so it would really be 4-4-1-1. We should go for 3 points. It would give us an 11 point lead over Arse and would all but knock them out of title contention.

Got to play Agger against Arse, Hyppia couldn't keep up with Adebayor or Van Persie.

On the question of why Agger seems to be a little out of favour, I think it may go back to our recent games against Bolton and Fulham. In those games he got rag dolled a little too easily for my liking by Davies and Zakora respectively, although at the end of the day we still kept a clean sheet in those matches.

I just want the Turtle back! What's the latest, is he training yet?

It amuses me that some people tend to think that we are the lucky ones out of all this. We are the team that has dropped points at home to Stoke, Fulham, West Ham and Hull yet we are somehow lucky? If anything we should be quite a few points clear atop the league.

It means we have to beat Arsenal whereas a point might have been enough otherwise.

Win this Sunday and I think we're a genuine contender. Draw and we probably meander along for a few more weeks. Lose and we are pretenders, not contenders. This game will make or break our season, I reckon.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Well said Lowie, and I agree 100%

On Mad Marty, I think there was an article here saying training in the new year? Not sure.

For mine we are genuine contenders regardless - We have done pretty well considering our number one player has been out for a large portion of the season.

Just need to fix up left back position ie get aurelio fit.

also not really sure why chelsea are not copping more heat over their draws? Have Chelsea beaten any of the other contenders?

jlc

You could say that were not in title winning form and that draws at home to Fulham, Stoke, Hull and West Ham are costly but then again we are still top of the league by a point. So what exactly are United and Chelsea doing that is so right.

IMO all three of us are our own worst enemies at the moment. We could be 6-8 points clear, same could be said of Chelsea, or United could have moved past us both and be 3 or 4 points clear. But we all keep messing it up.

That's a good thing though, let's hope everyone keeps messing up and keeps us at the top for the timely return of El Nino and the Turtle. Then if we find our usual second half of the season form, we could make a REAL run.

Big game this weekend though. If we beat Arsenal, it could be a real msg to the rest of the league that we wont go away easily. Please Rafa, no Kuyt alone up front. It doesnt work, play him wide right, return Yossi to the bench and go with Keane up forward with Gerrard playing off him.

Disappointing result against Hull, although I have to admit it was one of the most exciting soccer games I've seen for some time - it was just played at breakneck tempo for a soccer game. It's good to see Yossi Benayoun putting together some good form. :thumbsu:

I'm not sure exactly what's happening to the EPL this season. It's like the gap is closing between the so-called "big four" and some of the other teams. :confused:

keane hasn't exaclty played well upfront on his own either though. people forget that when he was playing that role we were asking for him to be dropped

none of our players are capable of playing as a lone striker other than torres. i hope keane and kuyt play upfront together

i also dont think we can expect our usual awesome second half of the season form - our rotation policy is gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing result against Hull, although I have to admit it was one of the most exciting soccer games I've seen for some time - it was just played at breakneck tempo for a soccer game. It's good to see Yossi Benayoun putting together some good form. :thumbsu:

I'm not sure exactly what's happening to the EPL this season. It's like the gap is closing between the so-called "big four" and some of the other teams. :confused:

It has been a cracking season so far and there's still plenty more to come. Very bizarre with the top teams dropping points consistently and failing to punish their rivals when given the chance. It's good for football even though it's bloody frustrating at times.

keane hasn't exaclty played well upfront on his own either though. people forget that when he was playing that role we were asking for him to be dropped

none of our players are capable of playing as a lone striker other than torres. i hope keane and kuyt play upfront together

i also dont think we can expect our usual awesome second half of the season form - our rotation policy is gone

I don't think we'll play a 4-4-2, we must play 4-2-3-1, if we give Fabregas time on the ball, he'll tear us up. Mascherano will play, we will dominate their lightweight midfield with Masch and Xabi (and we'll be able to set up play while stopping theirs). Gerrard will be playing up near Keane because we'll have quite a lot of possession (although we're away, I can see us really dominating Arsenal).

Arsenal have good delivery from set pieces, what are the chances that Carra will play right back, Agger might return in the centre to combat the pace of RVP and Adebayor when the ball is played along the ground, but Hyypia will still play as well to combat them from set pieces, while Mr. Consistency moves to left back to sort out our problem area.

Keane up front on his own, with the help of Gerrard seems pretty good, Kuyt back to the right and Riera on the left. It's a pretty good team.

Injury crisis hits Liverpool star :cool:

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will undergo minor surgery later today after being admitted to hospital in the early hours of this morning.
A club spokesman said: "Rafa was admitted to hospital last night after suffering problems with a kidney stone.

"He will undergo a minor operation this afternoon and is expected to return to work within two or three days.

"He remains in good spirits and everyone at Liverpool wishes him a very speedy recovery."

I don't think we'll play a 4-4-2, we must play 4-2-3-1, if we give Fabregas time on the ball, he'll tear us up. Mascherano will play, we will dominate their lightweight midfield with Masch and Xabi (and we'll be able to set up play while stopping theirs). Gerrard will be playing up near Keane because we'll have quite a lot of possession (although we're away, I can see us really dominating Arsenal).

Arsenal have good delivery from set pieces, what are the chances that Carra will play right back, Agger might return in the centre to combat the pace of RVP and Adebayor when the ball is played along the ground, but Hyypia will still play as well to combat them from set pieces, while Mr. Consistency moves to left back to sort out our problem area.

Keane up front on his own, with the help of Gerrard seems pretty good, Kuyt back to the right and Riera on the left. It's a pretty good team.
I actually hope that once Skrtal is back and fit we play him and Agger in the middle, Carra on the right and Arbeloa on the left, just **** our current left backs off allltogether.

I actually hope that once Skrtal is back and fit we play him and Agger in the middle, Carra on the right and Arbeloa on the left, just **** our current left backs off allltogether.

Insua is the way of the future at left back

Arsenal arent really that great in the air. But what they can do is pass their way through any defence. Agger should come back IMO with Carra. Sami back to the bench.

Masch, Alonso smashing the midfield with Riera, Gerrard and Kuyt supporting Keane. I think we can win.

I completely agree with this actually, and thought about it before I decided that I wanted to see 2 up front. After your argument I guess 4-2-3-1 probably would be the best formation against Arsenal (provided Gerrard plays VERY close to Keane). Any other game though (excluding special circumstances), with no Torres, I think we have to play 2 up front. Keane and Kuyt have both had chances to prove themselves solid as a lone striker, and both have failed miserably. Unless playing a team with a Fabregas-type player that needs to be shut down, I would have Masch dropped regularly until Torres returns. Really wanna see Keane and Kuyt playing alongside each other

Mascherano is a lock like Kuyt to play in these big games, especially away from home. There is absolutely no chance we'll leave Masch sitting on the bench.

The home games are the games we can afford to sit him on the bench and play two strikers up front with Stevie and Xabi in the centre of the park, two wingers (Riera and probably Bennynoon or Kuyt (although with Nando being injured and Kuyt should be up front with Keane and Babel or Pennant should play with right). Bennynoon is good in a more central role in my opinion, instead of cutting in and clogging up space for the central players, if he's actually playing there, we still have a left and right winger on the park.

But back to the Arsenal game; they have very good delivery from set pieces, which is a key in my opinion. Fabregas or van Persie hit fantastic corners and free kicks (not direct at goal though) and Adebayor finds space in the box.

Mascherano is a lock like Kuyt to play in these big games, especially away from home. There is absolutely no chance we'll leave Masch sitting on the bench.

Exactly right.
I didn't even bother reading the rest of the post :D
There is absolutly no doubt that a bloke like mashcherano needs to start on the pitch in big games like this.

Injury crisis hits Liverpool star :cool:

And Scolari had problems with three kidney stones the same night.

Front page of the Sun today was a picture of the two with the headline Chelsea 3 - Liverpool 1.

And Scolari had problems with three kidney stones the same night.

Front page of the Sun today was a picture of the two with the headline Chelsea 3 - Liverpool 1.

I knew Fergie wanted to win the title bad, didn't think he'd resort to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back