The Big Footy Liverpool Army Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, you're complaining about Rafa not bringing Keane on? (bus seems to be the only intelliegent one)

you were chasing a goal.

you need players who can score them or at least kick the ball when they have the chance.

obvious and correct decision to leave Keane on the bench.

he's a hack.

Anything is better then Kuyt leading the line mate.

Arsenal have a lightweight midfield, if we played 4-2-3-1 we would absolutely smash them in midfield, I wouldn't play Kuyt up front on his own though, I'd give Keane a shot to play that role, if we're struggling, we bring Babel off the bench to play down the right or up front and then move Kuyt up front too...

But **** me... Rafa loves making his perplexing substitutions

I just cant work out why Rafa picked Insua out of obscurity to play against Blackburn, then drops him (presumably because he wasn't registered for the UCL) against midweek and then then doesn't even put him on the bench despite having a fine game against Blackburn...

Just a strange, strange decision to make, among many, many others.

every other liverpool forum and talkback radio is asking why Rafa make these decisions. And the Yanks are giving Rafa a contract extention too.

Dossena is shit. Insua should be played. Mendy caused Doss all sorts of problems. I actually wouldnt mind Riise back.

Why is Agger not playing? Why are we going to sell him in January??

Why do we continue to play Kuyt alone up front. It doesnt work, leave him wide right and play Keane.

Gerrard is a superstar.

Tottenham did us a favour.

West Ham wont.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on what exactly happened apart from what I've heard. I'm assuming our defence wasn't at his best

Well, if you draw 3 times in a row at home then there's fat chance of you winning the title, really. It's appalling

Dossena should never pull on a Liverpool top again. Ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shit then dribble. now you know what it's like.

everyone of your posts is as much.

usually a couple of stupid words fumbled into a sentence that you falsely believe reflects intelligently.

So you believe that a striker (with the pedigree and talent of Robbie Keane, look at his goal scoring record in the past) wouldn't have made a difference when looking for a winner against a Hull side who had pushed a second attacker up front with King?... He makes great runs and Kuyt cannot play up front on his own, if you think bringing Keane on would have had an adverse affect on the team rather than a positive one, you really are an absolute idiot

Why is Agger behind Sami now? That makes no sense, as much as I love Sami, we should look beyond him

Sami would get slaughtered by Arsenal if he plays

Do we play Insua next week or will Aurelio be fit? Dossena must never play, ever again.

Maybe Rafa is punishing Dagger because wants more money? So he refuses to play him?

Do we play two up front? A lot of questions and I don't have the slightest clue what Rafa will do.

I don't have the slightest clue what Rafa will do.

Start the worst players we have, and play a boring game of who can pass backwards the most wins. Hosted by Mike Whitney.

It's absolutely appalling.

I thought Benitez had changed, I should've known better. He's an arrogant man. A deeply arrogant man.

Bizarre subs, baffling team selection and boring football.

4 year contract extension? No thanks.

I wasn't at all surprised that Hyypia played, in fact I expected it, given that Hull have people like King and Turner from corners who are good in the air. Agger obviously played in the CL but Rafa has said that he has been slightly disappointed by Agger's performances so far this season, especially when these performances are compared to some of his displays last season. Incidentally, Hyypia has been one our most likely avenues of scoring in recent times, with his headers from corners. I don't understand why so many people were surprised though.

Dossena had a tough time when Mendy played RW but Mendy was just way too quick, it's hardly Dossena's fault that he's just not as fast as Mendy; few players would be. I did however think he could have done better for Hull's first goal, McShane seemed to climb above him a bit easily, Dossena needed to push backwards a little bit more to impede McShane's jump at the ball. But Hull were queueing up on that side of the area so I think the goal is mainly attributable to general poor marking.

I also thought the substitutions were a bit surprising, particularly in that El Zhar was brought on before Babel and Keane. I would have taken Kuyt off early in the second half, he wasn't having a great game. One thing about Kuyt, and I've been saying it for a while, is that he seems to have had drained out of him any attacking instinct he once had. He is probably only acting under instructions but he doesn't anymore seem to get the ball and drive towards goal. Compare him to someone like Gerrard; nearly every time he receives the ball his first thought is attack. When Kuyt gets it the momentum of the attack seems to stall because Kuyt is content to hesitate, pass back etc instead of taking the game on. I realise he is probably only following his instructions but it's almost like he's a defensive attacking player when we need an attacking attacking player. When you couple the above with the fact that his first touch is not the best, it results in the breakdown of many potentially dangerous attacks.

Yossi Benayoun has been my other main source of frustration. He does deserve credit for his role in the goals last night and his goal last week was very good. But he is another player who too often tries to play impossible intricate passes when a shot would have been the better option. Last week he backed himself to beat his man, got around him and scored nicely. I think he needs to try to take things on more often, instead of always looking to pass, be more selfish.

Once again we conceded our goals from crosses/set piece situations. If you look back over the last season and a half, I'd be almost certain that the very vast majority of the goals we have conceded have come pretty much the same way: get crosses/set pieces into our box as much as possible and you'll eventually score. We actually don't seem to concede any other type of goals, it's quite amazing. I don't really know if it's a good thing that we only allow one sort of goal or a bad thing that it continues to happen.

I just watched the game this arvo. Disappointing to drop points but full credit to Hull - it's refreshing to see a lower team come to Anfield and go all out attack. That was easily the most entertaining Liverpool game of the season in my opinion.

If we're going to drop points I'd much rather it be in an entertaining end to end affair like that one than watch some pathetic, unimaginative dross drop 10 men behind the ball and strangle the life out of the game. If more lower teams played like Hull it would be a lot easier to attract new fans to the sport.

I guess now we just have to hope against hope that West Ham do us an unlikely favour.

Well that was fun! Shit, shit, shit, f**k!
Had to wait until I had calmed down before posting. That being said I do tend to agree with Esti, I would prefer to watch a game like that, and drop points like that than a Fulham type scenario.

I also agree with BB, Sami was always going to play this game over Dagger. Hull are reknown for their attack from set pieces, and Sami is our best option against that sort of side. I think you will find Dagger back against Le Arse next week. Horses for courses there.
F**ked if I get the Dirky up front all nite thing tonite though. He was obviously struggling (understatement) up front, we have 3 forwards on the bench, and none get used up front?
Really expected to bang at least another one home in that last half.

FWIW I am one of them who has faith in our Gaffer, I hope he does get the extension. We are top of the league (at least as I type this we are). We qualified top in Europe and we are still without our first choice centre forward and centre half. Patience people. Good things come to those who wait. (says a frustrated LFC/FFC supporter!)

Oh well what is done is done hey. Bring on Le Arse and 3 points please redmen!

Bloody Hell, dossena is average, couldnt believe him getting skinned for that second goal. Then Carra's shot into the back of his net was just as bad.
Have to play better against Arsenal. At least both them and United drew last night.

Bloody Hell, dossena is average, couldnt believe him getting skinned for that second goal. Then Carra's shot into the back of his net was just as bad.
Have to play better against Arsenal. At least both them and United drew last night.

3 draws at home against average sides is hardly title winning form but:confused:

Just hope West Ham can strangle the life out of Chelsea and steal a point from them.

We don't deserve to be top after going 2-0 down then absolutely flogging Hull in the final 20 minutes of the first half and then going back into our shell for the second half...

Yes we drew, we're 2 clear of Chelsea now... what's the bet they come out of firing after seeing us, Utd and Arsenal slip up and absolutely smash West Ham, 4 or 5 nil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back