The Big Footy Liverpool Army Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The grey shirt/red shorts combo looks pretty poxy. Makes it look like we've forgotten to take our warm-up tops off.

What a strike from Robbie that was! The only fresh air there was the wind from the ball whistling past the keeper.

Keane's goal was freaking awesome. His celebration even better. What a good time to score

Gutted about Gerrard's miss. Inches from taking a 2-1 lead

I have to say, if Arsenal keep playing such a high defensive line, i'm actually quite confident of another goal. Especially with someone like Keane playing who makes such good runs. Would love to see Alonso thread the needle to a Keane run to break the defensive line

Great goal by Keane, but it's the same old stuff. Making bizarre changes, taking keane and Riera off, and putting Babel and El Zhar on. Red card or no red card, Rafa would have made the same moves, he is too negative, he is too scared of losing.

What rubbish. Absolute crap. If I ever see that again, I will throw up.

Grey shirts and red shorts, who was in charge of that decision?

On the game itself, I would have taken a draw before the kickoff, but given what transpired I was a little disappointed we didn't take advantage fo the extra man sooner.

Keano :thumbsu:

The grey shirt/red shorts combo looks pretty poxy. Makes it look like we've forgotten to take our warm-up tops off.

firmly agree. i dont even like the silver kit. that combo was disgraceful. why do we have average kits? i dont really like our red shirt much to be honest. red and white look good, why not go that combo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only saw the second half - Insua i thought looked fantastic - much better option that Dossena.

Babel i am finding very frustrating - appears lazy.

jlc

babel is yet to impress me. has showed glimpses of what might be to come but he plays the way i would expect a 19 year old up and comer to play when at his age he should be really establishing himself.

He could be the bait in the transfer window to land us some cash to pick up an established player.

Torres is only a week away apparently (LFC Website i think i read that)

Arsenal lifted their intensity after the sending off and we failed to do so. Very disapointing last 20 minutes.

Insua was very solid which was good to see.

Lets hope Everton can do us a favour.

Great goal by Keane, but it's the same old stuff. Making bizarre changes, taking keane and Riera off, and putting Babel and El Zhar on. Red card or no red card, Rafa would have made the same moves, he is too negative, he is too scared of losing.

They were all Rafa's moves, he would have been on the phone all game issuing instructions for Sammy to pass on.

Overall, I thought we played quite well for most of the game, regardless of the (unlucky) red card to Adebayor, apart from the spell after van Persie's goal when we hoofed it a bit. Ironic in the end considering how we got our goal - well done to Robbie, let's hope there's more to come.

The most frustrating aspect was the lack of ambition after Arsenal went down to ten. Straight away, we should have removed one of the full-backs or central midfielders (most likely the foul machine Lucas) and gone with Babel or Kuyt up front alongside Keane. But taking off Riera and Keane with our first two subs indicated we were as happy with the result as Arsenal. We can't rely on other teams dropping points forever.

I'll add my own praise for Insua too. He's strong on the ball and isn't a complicated player - when he can get the ball into the box, he gets it in there, and with some quality.

They were all Rafa's moves, he would have been on the phone all game issuing instructions for Sammy to pass on.

Overall, I thought we played quite well for most of the game, regardless of the (unlucky) red card to Adebayor, apart from the spell after van Persie's goal when we hoofed it a bit. Ironic in the end considering how we got our goal - well done to Robbie, let's hope there's more to come.

The most frustrating aspect was the lack of ambition after Arsenal went down to ten. Straight away, we should have removed one of the full-backs or central midfielders (most likely the foul machine Lucas) and gone with Babel or Kuyt up front alongside Keane. But taking off Riera and Keane with our first two subs indicated we were as happy with the result as Arsenal. We can't rely on other teams dropping points forever.

I'll add my own praise for Insua too. He's strong on the ball and isn't a complicated player - when he can get the ball into the box, he gets it in there, and with some quality.

Exactly. We need to be more attacking and go for more wins. Rafa is just way too cautious at times. I don't think we'll win the title this year - not because we don't have the personnel needed to win it, but because we are too happy with draws. Some games, a draw is as good as a loss in my opinion. Rafa needs to take more risks, otherwise we have no chance whatsover of winning the title

On the game itself, I would have taken a draw before the kickoff, but given what transpired I was a little disappointed we didn't take advantage fo the extra man sooner.

Keano :thumbsu:

His name's not Keano, it's Robbie Keane!:) About friggin' time. Seems that not even scoring a goal will get him 90 minutes on the pitch.

I agree with you about 1 point looking like a good result at kick-off, particularly after losing Masch who I felt could have excelled against Arsenal's midfield.

As for his replacement, well...:rolleyes: How many fouls was it? Nine? Ten?
Bizarrely, he'll get the assist for Keane's goal but really Lucas is just a hack.

Having FullOfGas limp off at half-time and then the BS red card after 65 presented a great opportunity but we didn't push on. In fact, we played worse.

Insua was good. I think he made more crosses than the disappointing Riera, and he deserves to start ahead of Drossena.

Babel got 20 minutes but as has been too often the case this season, did SFA. NAZ doesn't seem to getting much love in this forum but I thought he looked lively and was unlucky not to score.

Good to see Agger back as well. Loved seeing him unleash a screamer near the end. It's good for us when he runs with the ball and pulls the opposition players out of formation. We just don't get that with Sami or Carra.

We'll probably be 1 point off the lead going into Christmas. I'll take that.

If someone had said at the start of the year -

You will beat Man U at Anfield

You will beat Chelsea at the Bridge

You will draw with Arsenal at the Emirates

and Torres wont play in any of those games.....

what would people have said?

Worst case scenario we are one point behind at Christmas.

jlc

Two more games before the end of the year

26/12: Bolton (H)
28/12: Newcastle (A)

Apparently Sami didn't start because he was sick as well. He might come back in to handle Kevin Davies or Johan Elmander, but with Martins and Owen we'll probably switch back to Agger. I hope Masch will be fit, not sure how much the flu would have taken out of him.

What's Dossena's injury?

Two more games before the end of the year

26/12: Bolton (H)
28/12: Newcastle (A)

Apparently Sami didn't start because he was sick as well. He might come back in to handle Kevin Davies or Johan Elmander, but with Martins and Owen we'll probably switch back to Agger. I hope Masch will be fit, not sure how much the flu would have taken out of him.

What's Dossena's injury?

Bloody hell, the last thing we want is a flu bug going through the squad, with the hectic Xmas/New Year program about to start. A bad flu will keep you in bed for days and drain your energy for the best part of 2 weeks.

These days I prefer Agger, but I like Sami for the match up on Davies.

2 games in 72 hours is just stupid isn't it? I'm not sure how we'll approach it but the way I'd go is this; pick a full strength XI against Bolton, hope we've got a lead after 70 then sub the likes of Gerrard/Alonso/Kuyt/Keane.

Against Newcastle, I'd have those subbed players sitting on the bench to either get us back into the game or push for victory.

If someone had said at the start of the year -

You will beat Man U at Anfield

You will beat Chelsea at the Bridge

You will draw with Arsenal at the Emirates

and Torres wont play in any of those games.....

what would people have said?

Worst case scenario we are one point behind at Christmas.

jlc

The flip side of that arguement:

You will draw at home to Stoke, Fulham, West Ham and Hull and be scoreless in 3 of them.

Then people would say, "Same old Liverpool. They'll be lucky to get 4th spot".

But as you say, 1st or 2nd at Christmas is a great position.

The sending off, though it was unlucky, actually did Arsenal a favour I thought. For about the 30 minutes before it happened, i.e. when it was 11 vs. 11, we were clearly playing better than they were and I think had every chance of going on to win the game. Then they went down to 10 men, the crowd really got behind them and something of a siege mentality was created, and gave Arsenal something to which they could hold on. They thus tightened up, in particular ceasing to play that high defensive line which we'd previously exploited. So I don't believe the sending off helped our cause at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back