The Big Footy Liverpool Army Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSV are embarrasing in the Champions League. The Dutch league should ban them from playing next year.

Only for the last couple of years. It's not their fauly their squad gets pillagedand plundered each season. I know Liverpool have certainly had their measure in this competition, but others have found it much tougher.

Nice to get top spot in the group, as we now avoid the only club I genuinely fear: Barcelona. Apart from that it really doesn't matter. We're probably looking at a R16 tie against Inter, Sporting, Villarreal, Bayern/Lyon, Porto or Real Madrid. We could handle any of them - I'd say Villarreal would be the toughest nut to crack out of that lot.

I couldn't watch this morning's game so I would be grateful if someone could describe what sort of formation we played. I noticed both Keane and Ngog started so I'm assuming Babel played wide again. I was really hoping for him to start up front.

Pretty much a good game all round for us

-We won
-We finished top of the group
-Able to rest a lot of our players
-Able to give our youth players a run in Europe
-Babel finding the scoresheet again
-N'Gog scoring his first goal for the club
-Riera firing in a cracker

All that was missing was Keane getting on the scoresheet but from reports he still played a good game

Very good performance, particularly with a half strength team.

Did Babel play on the right? From that teamsheet, I'd assme so. He's much better served playing there or up front than on the left. Shame on Keane if even N'gog finds it easier to score a goal than him :p Good job to set him up though

From what i read Keane and N'Gog played up front, Babel played on the right

Pretty much a good game all round for us

-We won
-We finished top of the group
-Able to rest a lot of our players
-Able to give our youth players a run in Europe
-Babel finding the scoresheet again
-N'Gog scoring his first goal for the club
-Riera firing in a cracker

All that was missing was Keane getting on the scoresheet but from reports he still played a good game

Happy with that summation.
REally happy for N'Gog. :thumbsu:

Riera's goal wasnt a patch on Pelligrino's one for Perth on the weekend:D..

But seriously, brilliant goal and job done for you guys in terms of topping the group...

IMO both Bayern and Lyon would be more scary a proposition though then Villareal, espcially since your team will hold no fear travelling to Spain since half of it is Spanish...

I'll second that opinion.

Looks like it'll be bits and pieces from the SBS/ESPN review shows or else trawling the 'net.

In the wider context, the game wasn't too important but I would've liked to have seen if Keane, Babel and Lucas had shown a bit more than some of their recent efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Babel played wide right, Riera wide left, Keane and Ngog up front.

Good formation.

Great to see that the three kids came off the bench :thumbsu:

Will give them hope that there are more first team appearances to come in the future and for the other ones who haven't made their debuts yet.

Great to top the group, great that Babel and Ngog both scored and Riera (who funnily enough vowed to score more goals during an interview earlier this week) scored.

It really sets us up for a good tie in the R16, we wont fear anyone (we've shown we can handle Barcelona (with a much worse squad than we have now) and we wont fear anyone else.

I'll second that opinion.

Looks like it'll be bits and pieces from the SBS/ESPN review shows or else trawling the 'net.

In the wider context, the game wasn't too important but I would've liked to have seen if Keane, Babel and Lucas had shown a bit more than some of their recent efforts.

From my mint sauces, Lucas played a fine game in the middle of the park, our attacking wide players didn't show much in the first half but improved greatly in the second (even though Babel equalised just before HT) and Keane played well with his movement and timing of his runs and he set up Ngog's goal.

http://www.eplmatches.com/allmatches.htm

Bottom left video for highlights of the goals.

Scorcher from Riera and a cool finish from Ngog through the legs of the keeper. :thumbsu:

Babel with a header from a Lucas delivered set-piece.

Do Holland now have the no advertising of alcohol law in place? We played in the grey kits and had no sponsors on them.

http://www.eplmatches.com/allmatches.htm

Bottom left video for highlights of the goals.

Scorcher from Riera and a cool finish from Ngog through the legs of the keeper. :thumbsu:

Babel with a header from a Lucas delivered set-piece.

Do Holland now have the no advertising of alcohol law in place? We played in the grey kits and had no sponsors on them.

Didn't work for me, so if anyone else is having the same problem here's an alternative

http://www.footballonair.com/?p=2035

That ball from Keane to N'Gog was sublime

how good was riera's goal.

Was sitting directly behind it, incredible. As soon as he hit it you knew it was in. We were celebrating before it even hit the back of the net. Both of Riera's goals for us have been really good hits. He's got quite a cannon on him. Need to get him into more shooting positions

It's often harder to determine the performances of some players when you see it live rather than on TV. What did people think of Dossena's game? I read an article claiming he had a good game, but I thought he looked crap again. Didn't do much, some more bad errors, and the thing that stuck with me the most watching him off the ball was his positioning. Agger had to keep yelling at him telling him where to stand etc. Considering he's a defender, I didn't think he really knew his job and where he needs to be positioning himself relative to his teammates

Thought Lucas was excellent. He really took responsibility and tried to lead and organise the team. Seems to be mentally tough. The game where Alonso was rested also showed the mental strenght of Lucas I thought, as he kept battling. Keane was good too.

Really liked the look of N'Gog. You can see his very raw still, but has potential. He did some nice things, but then often his final touch or skill would let him down. Good signs though. I also liked the look of Kelly from the short amount of time got to see him

http://www.footballfancast.com/featured/liverpool-stars-attempted-loan-move-foiled/7347

Ryan Babel's agent has revealed that the Liverpool winger has failed in an attempt to return to Ajax on loan.

The 21-year-old moved from the Dutch side to Anfield almost 18 months ago in an £11.5million switch but has grown frustrated with his lack of first-team starts so far this season.

His agent, Winnie Haatrecht, told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: "Ryan sits on the bench too much. He wants to play more and asked me to see if Ajax were interested in a temporary return.

"After we got an enthusiastic reaction from Ajax, we asked Liverpool but the club don't want to see him go.

"Rafael Benitez finds Ryan too important. Hopefully we will see that in more playing time.

"Let's be clear - Ryan feels great at Liverpool, but for him to develop further he needs to get playing time."

Babel played in Saturday's 3-1 win at Blackburn but that was only the Dutchman's second Premier League start of the season.

Babel came out and said it was garbage.

The orginal source is some newspaper in Holland, which is about as reliable as the S*n or NOTW, apparently.

If he wanted to leave, no idea why he'd think going back to Ajax was a good career move anyway. I'd score goals there.

the liverpool youngsters done well agaisnt PSV this morning it was a good sign for rafa
riera looks like he will pop up with a few goals in the future he has kicked a couple of pearlers thsi season

Babel came out and said it was garbage.

The orginal source is some newspaper in Holland, which is about as reliable as the S*n or NOTW, apparently.

If he wanted to leave, no idea why he'd think going back to Ajax was a good career move anyway. I'd score goals there.

Lets not go overboard now :thumbsu:

Torres is injured
Keane's out of form
Kuyt's now a winger
Voronin's on loan
N'Gog is still greener then goose shit

Yeah that makes perfect sense to send one of our remaining strike options on loan :rolleyes:

Seriously did Babel think we would agree to that??

This isnt a personal crack at anyone, but how can Babel be considered a striker when he hasnt played there in ages, even with the problems with Torres, Keane etc... Not saying that Babel should be thinking of heading back to Ajax, but surely to be classfied as a striker, he needs to be played there...

Amazed that Babel isnt in your regular first team, let alone regularly in the side with the current injuries and form from within your first team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back