The Big Footy Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reception Bellamy receives will be interesting. On the one hand he and Shearer didnt get along so that wont go down well. But on the other hand he hated Souness so that will get him a few brownie points.

We won the corresponding fixture last year pretty comfortably so hopefully we can come away with the 3 points.

Will be very interesting given the internationals played this week, what team Rafa goes with.

jlc

Rafa manager of the month 3rd time running :D

Mascharano definitely won't play against Newcastle, which coupled with Alonso's suspension means either an unfit Momo, or an untalented Zenden will partner Gerrard in CM. Should find out on Monday what the deal with Moascharano is.

BTW Rafa's after another Gonzales

Oh and a 12 year old Man Utd fan has turned down an opportunity to go to Man Utd and has chosen Liverpool instead, link here.

Bellamy hattrick? :D

His performance today was a microcosm of his entire career.

- Needed 5 good chances to score 1
- Whinged/bantered/cried victim a lot
- Probably still thinks he's Ian Rush crossed with Michael Owen spliced with Mark Hughes mixed with Tom Jones aka the greatest Welshman who ever lived.

Saw an interesting stat on NUFC.com which said if Obajet scores he'll beat Bellamy's best ever league return in a black and white shirt (9) - and he did.

Given the top-5 side Bellamy was a part of during his time with us compared to the ramshackle injury-plagued version Martins is currently 'enjoying', I'd say that speaks volumes of wee Craig's gobsh#te to ability ratio.

newcastle are the biggest arse in history, they were woeful and were gifted 2goals on a platter

bellamy was on fire you cant blaim him i felt kuyt was dropping too deep and dont tell me zenden is a footballer what a *** that guy is

my opinion of sissoko hasnt changed, injury or not he is a hack of a footballer who is good to win you a tackle but cant pass for ********

newcastle are the biggest arse in history, they were woeful and were gifted 2goals on a platter

What, and Bellamy's goal wasn't gifted 'on a platter'? In the second half it was clear who wanted it more - as usual you're showing the all-too common Liverpool mentality (players, fans alike) that wins should just happen because it says 'Carlsberg' on the front of your shirt.

You'd think after 15 years you'd learn.

Very disappointing and frustrating game. We worked hard and played some very good soccer, but wasted opportunities and were unlucky in hitting the crossbar. Bellamy was everywhere, but Agger was dreadful.

I'm really glad the game wasn't called off due to the conditions, because it was certainly something different and was an entertaining game.

Very disappointing. It was typical Liverpool really, score a goal, have a million golden opportunites but spurn them all, gift them an equaliser and then give up a penalty.

We should have scored 4 or 5 but lost 2-1. Go figure.

Extremely frustrating.

i'm still wild about the game sat night. Reina? what are you doing clearing the ball miles out. i hate when he does this, makes me cringe. i understand the defenders have to get back but at least hit the thing! and not into your opponent. agger had a shocker, but he is still young. we should have buried them early. kuyt has to find more space, he seems to have defenders stuck on him, it may be the passing too without alonso. sissoko clearly in another world. hardly made a complete pass. i would have thought aurielio would have been a better option instead of agger. bellamy was fantastic, the best ive seen him in a red shirt. geez its lucky we arent in the title race,that would have hurt bad.

i'm still wild about the game sat night. Reina? what are you doing clearing the ball miles out. i hate when he does this, makes me cringe.

Well too ********ing bad, coz him coming off his line is one of the reasons why he's so goddamn good. So don't complain about it. Agger was the one at fault in the first place.

Are you guys looking forward to the Champions league? :)

Barcelona were on fire last night, for the first time in months really. Marquez played in midfield behind Xavi and Deco, Iniesta on the right and Saviola as the striker. Messi came off the bench and played in the striker position.

It's as if the return of Messi and Eto'o (who stayed on the bench) has woken the team. There's a bigger competition for places now - I can't see Gudjohnsen getting a game for example. But very Benitez-like, Rijkaard has used 22 different line-ups for the 22 liga matches so far.

The finishing still worries me a bit. I can't imagine Eto'o will all of a sudden be a 100% again while Saviola simply doesn't weigh as much on a defense. The midfield looked fantastic though, there were some fantastic attacks through one-time touches and some great Ronaldinho passes.

All good for us now, although we've been playing really poor for the last 2 months. Bring it on ;) .

04.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger man Samuel Eto’o looks like missing Barcelona’s Champions League tie with Liverpool after an extraordinary fall-out with coach Frank Rijkaard.

The free-scoring Cameroon striker trained on his own in Barcelona’s gym yesterday after flouting Rijkaard’s authority by refusing to appear as a substitute in the closing minutes of Sunday’s home win over Racing Santande

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=435781&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Danger man Samuel Eto’o looks like missing Barcelona’s Champions League tie with Liverpool after an extraordinary fall-out with coach Frank Rijkaard.

The free-scoring Cameroon striker trained on his own in Barcelona’s gym yesterday after flouting Rijkaard’s authority by refusing to appear as a substitute in the closing minutes of Sunday’s home win over Racing Santande

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=435781&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Well that can only be a good thing.

Much about nothing really.

Meet Samuel Eto'o, not the first time his passion takes over from his reason. Rijkaard still needs to talk to him, it only shows how much he wants to return.

Eto'o is a tosser of the highest order. Hopefully Rijkaard makes an example of him (go on, detect the motive behind that statement!).

We don't play another game until the Nou Camp, so Rafa has plenty of time to work on his tactics, while Barca have a big match against Valencia this weekend (at the Mestalla, I think) and they really can't afford to rest any players from such a big game. However with players returning I would still expect changes to their team thanks to their squad depth.

Looking forward to this! It's gonna be awesome. Rafa has a knack for getting his tactics right in Europe and although it's Barca I still think were as good a chance as any at progressing. Eto'o and Messi just coming back in time isnt great for us but we just got back Momo too so we have strengthened. Hopefully the big match against Valencia will take something out of them.

Gerrard and Ronaldinho on the same pitch will be worth watching by itself. Two of the absolute best players in the world. Expect both to score.

Much about nothing really.

Meet Samuel Eto'o, not the first time his passion takes over from his reason. Rijkaard still needs to talk to him, it only shows how much he wants to return.

Angry Eto'o hits out at Rijkaard

Eto'o was La Liga's top scorer last season
Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has hit out at Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard for saying he refused to play in Sunday's 2-0 win over Racing Santander.
Rijkaard claimed the 25-year-old "didn't want to" come on as a second-half substitute.

But Eto'o said: "Telling a news conference I didn't want to play is the behaviour of a bad person.

"I've always thought about the group first. If anybody has balls, they should tell it to me face-to-face."

Rijkaard had asked Eto'o, who recently returned to action after four months out with a knee injury, to come on in the closing minutes at the Nou Camp but the striker apparently rejected the request.

"Eto'o warmed up but afterwards told (assistant coach) Eusebio he did not want to come on," said Rijkaard after the game.

"I think it's a shame because every minute, every moment, can be important... I haven't spoken with him but I'm always prepared to talk to the players."

There's a division in the changing room between two clans

Samuel Eto'o

Ronaldinho was also critical of Eto'o after the game, suggesting the striker had been inconsiderate to his team-mates.

But Eto'o responded: "If a team-mate says that you must think of the team, it's up to him to think of the team. Personally I always think first about the group and then money."

Barcelona's victory over Racing Santander, thanks to two goals from Ronaldinho, saw them open up a three-point lead at the top of La Liga.

They are also through to face Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League, with Rijkard's side hosting the first leg on 21 February.

However, Eto'o, last season's top scorer in La Liga, said a major rift had developed at the Catalan giants.

"There's a division in the changing room between two clans: one is the president's and the other is someone else's," he said.

"This is not my war, this is a war. I'm in the middle of a war between two people and I'm the one who is taking all the punishment. But I will return and return to play."

Reports suggest the rift is between supporters of president Joan Laporta and those of former vice-president Sandro Rosell, who left the club after a disagreement with Laporta.

Laporta earlier spoke out in support of Eto'o, denying the striker had refused to play on Sunday.

"His knee needs time to warm up and he didn't have enough time. He preferred to be careful," Laporta told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"He didn't do anything inappropriate or wrong. There is no way it can be deduced that Eto'o refused to play soccer for Barcelona."

Eto'o did not attend training on Monday, choosing instead to work in the gym - apparently because of a painful knee.

AND

Eto'o slams Rijkaard and Ronaldinho

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has slammed coach Frank Rijkaard and superstar forward Ronaldinho - calling them "bad people" - in the aftermath of his alleged refusal to come on as a substitute in the 2-0 win over Racing Santander at the weekend.

Eto'o, who has just returned to the first team after almost five months out with a knee injury, rejected coach Eusebio's instructions to come on for the last five minutes of the match.

After both Rijkaard and Ronaldinho criticised Eto'o for his behaviour, the player himself - who trained alone on Monday - has reacted in astonishing fashion.

"Telling a news conference I didn't want to play is the behaviour of a bad person," Eto'o said.

"They can say what they want but I've always met my obligations to my team mates. If you want to know what really happened you should ask Rijkaard."

"I've found myself in the middle of a war which isn't mine," he continued, referring to opponents of current Barca chairman Joan Laporta. "There are two groups in Barcelona and I'm the one taking the flak.

"I don't have to give any explanations to anyone. I will only give an explanation to the club if they ask me to."

Rijkaard had expressed his disappointment in Eto'os refusal to play whereas Ronaldinho questioned the Cameroon striker's commitment to the team.

Pro-Barcelona paper Sport had previously claimed that there was no crisis at the club, who face Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League in two weeks

And hopefully Barcelona will bring that kind of disunity into the game against Liverpool. ;)

Hey Gytre, i noticed in your signature that you support both Inter and Liverpool. Were they to meet in the CL... who's side are you taking?
Liverpool. :D I've supported them for longer and my heritage is English, not Italian. My maternal grandfather was born in Liverpool.

What do you all think about the training camp in Portugal that Liverpool are on?

Since they have no scheduled game for the weekend, they've gone off where the weather is warmer, and the pitches are in better condition, to prepare them better for this crucial away tie with Barcelona.

Alvaro Arbeloa has said, in a match between Barcelona and Deportivo earlier in the season, it was his job to mark Ronaldinho, and he apparently did a very good job of it, I think this may give him a starting position on the right side of the midfield, ahead of Pennant. The match that I have mentioned, ended in a draw (not too sure about the scores).

I think if Liverpool can come away with a 1-0, 2-1 defeat or any positive results, going into the 2nd leg at Anfield, we will be favourites.

foto201020caskv1.jpg

As expected, much about nothing really :)

http://www.marca.com/videos/cargado.../02/070214AbrazoEtoo.flv&ojd=070214AbrazoEtoo

Everything's been dealt with internally, there's no fine, there's no problem within the group. Both technical director Txiki and Puyol have pointed at a miscommunication that should never have happened, leave alone being made public. Within the group Eto'o and Ronaldinho are best friends.

Eto'o didn't want to play because of pain after warming up. Puyol admits there are fights going on outside the players group, but the atmosphere amongst the players has never been better before.

See, everyone happy :thumbsu:

Visca Barça :)

A060518_P05_BARCA4_V.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back