The Big Footy Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kuyt Bellamy partnership just isnt good enough. Its that simple for ya atm. You need a left back. A world class right winger better then Pennant and a better strike force if ya want to challenge for the title. You should have the money with the new owners.

Crouch is your best striker. Why aint he startng

bloody hell we can't kick the ball, no one in our team and strike the ball well, Alonso is having a very ordinary season, his passing has been sh|thouse all year. Gerrard hasn't scored 1 of his trademark long range goals. Our wingers can't do a decent cross. And all of our free kicks and corner kicks are absolutely hopeless, FFS can anyone the ball properly???????????????

Actually we do have someone who can strike the ball, it's Fowler! and Rafa doesn't like him, it's not that he can't play, Fowler is still good, it's just that Rafa don't want to play him for some reason!

If Crouch is our best striker, he scores in the 89th minute and we win 1-0. I know it was a great save, but that just had to go in.

There was no bad luck about last night, we had chances, we didn't take them, they took one. That is the weird, wonderful, and sometimes awfully frustrating game of football. But if there's one more thing I now want more than anything this season, it's for us to beat Barcelona and then draw them in the quarter finals. While they will go on to win the league, there's unfinished business.

I thought Bellamy wasnt offisde.

As for our best striker i think thats Kuyt. I think Crouch will be sold at the end of the year.

The only slight bit of satisfaction will be to make the Champions League final and win the European Cup for the sixth time and at the same time take care of Man United.

jlc

Classic Rafa

"I would have trouble explaining how we lost that in Spanish; in English I find it almost impossible," said Benitez

Had that been Ronaldo at the "Theatre of Dreams" that goal would have stood.

jlc

Any thoughts on Danny Guthrie?

He's just signed for us on loan for the next month.

Straight into the squad for our huge game against Preston.

Haven't really seen a lot of him, the thing that strikes me about him is he seems too lightweight to play centrally, and that gives me reason to doubt his ability to succeed in the Championship. Needs the experience though.

We need a finisher in our side, which seems to be something we've lacked since we let owen go (then didnt get him back).
I wish Fowler would get more of a run tho, specially now we are well out of the title race. At least try him with one of bellemy crouch or kuyt, for an extended run. He loves the club and has done wonders in the red shirt before, so who knows what could happen with him out there?
We better get in the top 4 tho, hopefully 3rd

i really think our defence is too lazy.... hate me for saying this but carragher seems like he is the only one who will drop back when on a counter attack. we need to invest in an experienced left or centre back. i like agger, but he makes too many critical mistakes. steve finnan is good but only in patches. i really liked arbeloa last week against barca, i thought he deserved another start. why bellamy's goal wasnt allowed is beyond me. to win the premiership you have to also be very lucky. united have won there last two fixtures in the 90th minute. says a bit doesnt it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Voronin smacks of the old FM tactic of offering a contract to any relatively big name who is available on a free without planning ahead. He may be very good, but why doesn't Rafa just make it his absolute priority to go out and sign a genuine proven top drawer goalscorer? Spend 15-20m to try and get someone who is going to bang them in to the club - it's not like money or stature should be a problem.

He brings in too many also rans, which is fine if you're building a squad, but to me Liverpool are one or two genuinely world class players from competing for the title.

To me Voronin smacks of the old FM tactic of offering a contract to any relatively big name who is available on a free without planning ahead. He may be very good, but why doesn't Rafa just make it his absolute priority to go out and sign a genuine proven top drawer goalscorer? Spend 15-20m to try and get someone who is going to bang them in to the club - it's not like money or stature should be a problem.

Fowler will be off in the summer so Rafa's probably thinking Voronin's good for a free 4th choice striker.

That way he can afford to splash out the 20m odd on a new 1st choice partner for Kuyt.

Fact is Rafa's striker purchases have been pretty average at best. And I don't think Voronin's arrival is going to change much.
I agree. Frenchman Houllier had a preference for signing French players, and Benitez has a preference for signing Spanish-speaking players. That's obvious.

As for the Man Utd game, I agree with many of the comments. Man Utd is the luckiest team on earth. They have an uncanny knack for snatching victory from the jaws of a draw. They do it time and time again. For some reason or other, the soccer Gods seem to smile on the team.

But I'm not really all that concerned by the loss. I take heart in the fact that we absolutely smashed them in general play. We can beat anyone on our day, and we will beat Barcelona this week.

The Kuyt Bellamy partnership just isnt good enough. Its that simple for ya atm. You need a left back. A world class right winger better then Pennant and a better strike force if ya want to challenge for the title. You should have the money with the new owners.

We did dominate the match against the side that will win the premiership so I dont think we are that far away.
As you said with the new owners comes more cash and hopefully a couple of star signings. I think that is all it will take to be a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back