The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy gibbs
Buy sanchez
Play Agger and kerry
Play johnson on wing

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with all of this. Gerrard had 20 misplaced passes against West Ham, more than any other Liverpool player all year in a game. Lucas is not overrated, in fact he's underrated, he has been in our top 3 players this season, and when people say he is not Liverpool standard, that's their opinion, but he will be in a few years time if we persist with him.

His passing this year has been immaculate, most games his passing has been 80% and above, at one stage only having something like 8 incomplete passes in 4 games, which is ridiculously good by any players standards.

And if you have watched us all season, his passing hasn't only been sidewards and backwards, a lot of it is piercing forward passes which split 2 or 3 players at a time and creates space for wingers to run into. If you think Tiote is better than Lucas you should stop watching football altogether.

Though I do agree that LB and LW should be priorities at seasons end. Rant over.

Gerrard 20 misplaced passes were more of a contribution than Lucas's 2 touches of the ball. Provided the fact the player he was supposed to be marking in Scott Parker was far and away player of the match it doesnt bode well for his game overall that day

I agree that Lucas makes a fair few "piercing" passes but as you described most of them are just long lobs over the defense in the blind hope someone runs onto them. Very easy to have a high pass rate when you just launch it up into open space like that. My main problem with Lucas is pace. When his workrate drops off and he lumbers around he looks way too slow to match it with the gun players in the EPL.

How you think Lucas is better than Tiote is just staggering. Tiote is one of the best passers in the game. Infact im pretty sure hes number 1 in the EPL for passing percentage completion. Hes also alot stronger in the tackle and can get forward. Never seen Lucas score a goal like Tiotes vs Arsenal either. Tiote is a deadset gun.

Id play Suarez at RW long term Kaan10 in a 4-2-3-1 formation again. No need to buy a RW long term if Kuyt is gonna stay with the club long term which looks possible considering hes about to sign a contract extension

Id play Suarez at RW long term Kaan10 in a 4-2-3-1 formation again. No need to buy a RW long term if Kuyt is gonna stay with the club long term which looks possible considering hes about to sign a contract extension

Forgot about Suarez playing on one wing when Carroll returns.

If we can get a quality winger I don't want to see Kuyt starting anymore, far too inconsistent and his bad days are a burden.

Kuyt is finished, and has been for at least a couple of years. He's infuriatingly shit. He's the best defender in the Premier League.

Some poor sucks back on the continent will probably take him for 5m or so.

Sign one LW and Charlie Adam who can act as a backup LW if needed (although not ideal). Id go with

CB - Chris Samba - Worth about 8 mill id say. His time at Blackburn is up. He knows it. Only people who dont run chicken factories

LB - Reto Ziegler or Kieran Gibbs - Ziegler on a free with a huge sign on fee or Kieran Gibbs. Way too good to be Clichys backup. English and EPL experience help

CM - Charlie Adam - Derr

CM - Lass Diarra - Another easy one. Gun player

LW - Marko Marin - The marquee signing of the lot. Would cost 15-20 mill but hes worth it

Sell Johnson, Skrtel + fringe CMs and your set id say

Most of the people are dissing Lucas, because he's an easy target. The guy plays with heart for 90 minutes week in week out and wears the badge with pride, the role he plays in our 5-3-2 ain't easy especially if there is zero quality coming your back four or your midfield.

This guy isn't even near the biggest problem for us, yeah he had an off game against West Ham were he was completely abysmal, though so did 8 other men so stop just pointing him out.

Sign one LW and Charlie Adam who can act as a backup LW if needed (although not ideal). Id go with

CB - Chris Samba - Worth about 8 mill id say. His time at Blackburn is up. He knows it. Only people who dont run chicken factories

LB - Reto Ziegler or Kieran Gibbs - Ziegler on a free with a huge sign on fee or Kieran Gibbs. Way too good to be Clichys backup. English and EPL experience help

CM - Charlie Adam - Derr

LW - Marko Marin - The marquee signing of the lot. Would cost 15-20 mill but hes worth it

No to most of the stuff you've just said ^

CM - Charlie Adam - Derr

I would target Sakho if Arsenal don't buy him as he seems to play like Lilian Thuram a bit.

Yes to Diarra, Gibbs and Adam. Marin, Young or Hazard would be awesome so any of the three would be welcome. I don't want us to sell Glen Johnson though, he has a lot to offer so selling him would weaken the squad.

Im dissing Lucas because he is having his best season in Liverpool colors yet is still putting in performances like the one he did verse West Ham. Why would you be so eager to stick with someone thats had so many chances yet failed to live up to them.

Not to mention the fact that hes pretty easily replaced in your system. If West Ham go down and Scott Parker was available for 12 mill would you not prefer him to Lucas? Or as I said before Lassana Diarra. Been very very good for Real Madrid but unfortunately has one of the best and most underrated DCMs in the world in Khedira keeping him out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im dissing Lucas because he is having his best season in Liverpool colors yet is still putting in performances like the one he did verse West Ham. Why would you be so eager to stick with someone thats had so many chances yet failed to live up to them.

Not to mention the fact that hes pretty easily replaced in your system. If West Ham go down and Scott Parker was available for 12 mill would you not prefer him to Lucas? Or as I said before Lassana Diarra. Been very very good for Real Madrid but unfortunately has one of the best and most underrated DCMs in the world in Khedira keeping him out

Of course i'd prefer Scott Parker to Lucas, my point is you twat, that he isn't the biggest of our concerns and people are blaming things on him.

You say "he's still putting in performances like he did against West Ham", that's his worst game by far this season and in almost every single premier league game this season he's been above average. Give me three more games this season in the premier league were he's been as awful as he was against West Ham, your basing your judgment off the WHAM game. Not everyone's going to be superb every game.

He has been a lot better then almost all of our squad this season.

lolwut? Most of that was spot on, I only disagree with selling johnson.

1. Wouldn't sell Johnson
2. Wouldn't sell Skrtel
3. I don't want a winger without EPL experience unless it's Hazard.
4. I wouldn't buy 2 central midfielders as we'd have to pick from Gerrard/Meireles/Lucas/Adam/Diarra each week and not have any depth in any other positions.
5. Zielger can't defend for shit and I doubt Gibbs would be sold to us.
6. Coledinho's a tosser.

Of course i'd prefer Scott Parker to Lucas, my point is you twat, that he isn't the biggest of our concerns and people are blaming things on him.

You say "he's still putting in performances like he did against West Ham", that's his worst game by far this season and in almost every single premier league game this season he's been above average. Give me three more games this season in the premier league were he's been as awful as he was against West Ham, your basing your judgment off the WHAM game. Not everyone's going to be superb every game.

He has been a lot better then almost all of our squad this season.

Of course you have bigger concerns. Last time I checked guys like Maxi and Joe Cole were still key squad members. Fact is you cant sit back and knock one problem of at a time. Time is money and the fact is you need to solve all these problems at once. I like most have pointed out not 1 but 6 problems that need addressing and the sooner they are addressed the better

I dont keep a mental encyclopedia of all of Lucas performances he was disgraceful in the game vs Everton. Fellaini murdered him something chronic that day

Why wouldnt you want to buy 2 CMs for. You play with 3 and atm you have Poulsen and Shelvey as your only two backups. Considering the two CMs I have you down for are incredibly versatile and can cover many areas they would also add depth to other areas of your team too. Diarra has played every position in football bar GK and Adam could easily slot into LW given the fact hes spent half of his career there.

I said it before during the window and I'll say it again, you need to go after Ryan Shawcross.

He's a younger and much better version of Skrtel and will give you height in defence to partner with Agger. Robert Huth wouldn't be bad either with the form he's in.

Of course you have bigger concerns. Last time I checked guys like Maxi and Joe Cole were still key squad members. Fact is you cant sit back and knock one problem of at a time. Time is money and the fact is you need to solve all these problems at once. I like most have pointed out not 1 but 6 problems that need addressing and the sooner they are addressed the better

I dont keep a mental encyclopedia of all of Lucas performances he was disgraceful in the game vs Everton. Fellaini murdered him something chronic that day

Why wouldnt you want to buy 2 CMs for. You play with 3 and atm you have Poulsen and Shelvey as your only two backups. Considering the two CMs I have you down for are incredibly versatile and can cover many areas they would also add depth to other areas of your team too. Diarra has played every position in football bar GK and Adam could easily slot into LW given the fact hes spent half of his career there.

We won't continue to play 3 CM's though champ, we play it because we don't have any wingers and surely we're going to but some in the summer.

Also on Adam he played some of his worst football playing left wing, hence the price tag to Blackpool for 500 k. He's twice the player he is playing as the quarter back in a team and i'm sure if we do buy him he won't be playing on a wing.

I said it before during the window and I'll say it again, you need to go after Ryan Shawcross.

He's a younger and much better version of Skrtel and will give you height in defence to partner with Agger. Robert Huth wouldn't be bad either with the form he's in.

Don't United have first say on where he ends up though?

We won't continue to play 3 CM's though champ, we play it because we don't have any wingers and surely we're going to but some in the summer.

Also on Adam he played some of his worst football playing left wing, hence the price tag to Blackpool for 500 k. He's twice the player he is playing as the quarter back in a team and i'm sure if we do buy him he won't be playing on a wing.

When he played LW for Rangers he weighed about as much as the Titanic and moved like it too. Now he isnt a fat boomba (hence why he was sold for 500k) he could easily slot into LW again.

If you wont continue to play 3 CMs why are you playing 3 CMs now. You didnt have any CMs playing out of position in the wide spots in recent times (unless you consider Joe Cole but playing football is being out of position for him in general I feel). You had 2 wingers. Your not playing 3 CMs to cover the crapness of the width your playing 3 CMs because its the preferred option atm and has been under 3 different managers now

laughing.gif

Shawcross has been atrocious this season, nearly as bad as Skrtel so no way. Huth isn't the quality we need to be in the top 4 again so pass on him aswell.

When he played LW for Rangers he weighed about as much as the Titanic and moved like it too. Now he isnt a fat boomba (hence why he was sold for 500k) he could easily slot into LW again.

If you wont continue to play 3 CMs why are you playing 3 CMs now. You didnt have any CMs playing out of position in the wide spots in recent times (unless you consider Joe Cole but playing football is being out of position for him in general I feel). You had 2 wingers. Your not playing 3 CMs to cover the crapness of the width your playing 3 CMs because its the preferred option atm and has been under 3 different managers now

That was with Torres, now we have two capable strikers.

What i'm saying is i'd rather we bring in 1 central midfielder so we have 4 very capable central midfielder and still the ability to develop Shelvey/Coady, and bring in two out and out wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back