The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be possible to start Jack Robinson - in fact, I'm not against it.

I am against Agger and Carroll starting though.

I hope neither of them start, I hope neither Gerrard or Meireles play either.

I'd even rest Johnson from this game and play Flanno at RB.

Im not sure I would start Agger or Carroll either. All of Carragher, Skrtel and Greece are fit so were covered at center half. Carroll can get another half an hour off the bench. No need to throw him in the deep end. Although no Suarez limits are forward options. We still have Kuyt and N'Gog.

I wouldnt rest Johnson though, no real need to, were not resting Gerrard, Carra, Meireles, Lucas etc so why rest Johnson? He is just as fit as anyone else and should play.

Im not against playing Jack Robinson at LB either. Good young player and Braga arent exactly world beaters.

Im not sure I would start Agger or Carroll either. All of Carragher, Skrtel and Greece are fit so were covered at center half. Carroll can get another half an hour off the bench. No need to throw him in the deep end. Although no Suarez limits are forward options. We still have Kuyt and N'Gog.

I wouldnt rest Johnson though, no real need to, were not resting Gerrard, Carra, Meireles, Lucas etc so why rest Johnson? He is just as fit as anyone else and should play.

Im not against playing Jack Robinson at LB either. Good young player and Braga arent exactly world beaters.

With the injury to Kelly, if Johnson plays too many games, his level of performance in the crucial league games may be affected and also, if he gets injured, we're left with Carra to cover at RB and we're already short centrally with the injury to Agger - so we absolutely, under no circumstances can risk Johnson getting injured.

agreed, rest anyone decent.

also interesting to here jovetic was our top target under rafa, i rate him, although he hasnt played all season and im sure the interest has died.

that torres video is class.

Seeing as I appear to be hopeless at posting vids, I won't try. But have you guys heard the Luis Suarez song, "just can't get enough"?
Class.
Will no doubt have the kop in full voice that one, great song.

(here is a link )http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=immtkjOo7gM

Heard it a few times the other night, can't wait till we get it in full swing!

With the injury to Kelly, if Johnson plays too many games, his level of performance in the crucial league games may be affected and also, if he gets injured, we're left with Carra to cover at RB and we're already short centrally with the injury to Agger - so we absolutely, under no circumstances can risk Johnson getting injured.

Yeah but despite what you think, the EL is also important, it's our last chance of silverware this season. We are short at RB with Kelly injured but if he is fit, why not play him. You cant not play players just because they might get injured. If we kept doing that then nobody would play.

just watched kennys presser, how can you not fall in love with the bloke after watching that, the joy he has in managing the team after so many years is just incredible, he is like a kid at christmas everytime i see him.

We should be trying to win the Europa League, end of. To suggest otherwise is idiotic and insulting to the history and traditions of the club. Yeah, we'd all rather be in the Champions League, but we're not, we're in this, and we should be trying to win it. Taking the piss out of it is unacceptable and would be a disgrace - but thankfully some of the traditions of the club have started to be restored in the last couple of months, and if anyone thinks Kenny won't be going for it, then they're delusional.

Yeah but despite what you think, the EL is also important, it's our last chance of silverware this season. We are short at RB with Kelly injured but if he is fit, why not play him. You cant not play players just because they might get injured. If we kept doing that then nobody would play.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that I didn't even want us to get past the qualifying round of the Europa League and have been hoping we get knocked out ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Brom were all over the reserves apparently, Jones produced a great double save to keep it 1-0, but then we conceded not long after.

Finished 1-1, Ince had a chance to win it late on, but their keeper was off his line quickly to deny Ince the chance.

The performance wasn't a great one from all reports.

Yeah but that's because you're a moron. It's as if you've forgotten what Liverpool Football Club is about.

Nope, just willing to give up winning a trophy if it gives us that little bit extra we need to perhaps put some pressure on those above us, they may start dropping points.

I'd like to win Europa this season, but I don't want to participate next season. Since you gain qualification by winning it we cant have both.

Top 4 is important for us next season so if we can avoid Europa we'll be fresh for our EPL games while the other top 4 contenders need to play mid week European football which will no doubt cost them points.

So I'm not quite sure what to think.

Nope, just willing to give up winning a trophy if it gives us that little bit extra we need to perhaps put some pressure on those above us, they may start dropping points.

If you're referring to a top 4 finish this season we're 12 points behind if Chelsea win game in hand with 9 games to go.

Let it go mate not happening. Not even the pressure bit.

Unless we managed to finish top 4, as well as winning it, it's the only to have both - but that's the most unlikely situation.

I'd just rather finish fourth.

If you're referring to a top 4 finish this season we're 12 points behind if Chelsea win game in hand with 9 games to go.

Let it go mate not happening. Not even the pressure bit.

Still can be done. Especially once they start dropping points again.

Considering the fact that we are banking on an FA Cup final played between the top 5 to just allow 6th spot a EL spot. Were up shit creek. I dont even know if all of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United and City are still in the FA Cup. I know Arsenal and United play eachother next so one of them will go out.

If a team outside the top 5 makes it to the FA Cup final they will get a spot in the EL with Birmingham and whoever finished 5th. So our likely finishing position of 6th leaves us without European football next season. So winning the EL this season not only would be excellent and get us a trophy but it would also give us European football next season.

Not having any form of European football next season will severly limit our options in the transfer market in the summer. It's vital.

Still can be done. Especially once they start dropping points again.

Let it go dude, we wont finish 4th. If Chelsea win there game in hand they will move into 3rd and we will be 11 points behind Man City for fourth. Not going to happen with so few games left.

Were not playing CL football next season, that does suck but right now were have a great shot of winning another European trophy. So let's go after that. Hopefully win it and get us more Europa League next season. Make some great purchases in the summer and make an assault for the top 4 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back