The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that we will sign RVW in the summer, I know we were strongly linked with him last summer and during January but with Suarez and Carroll signing might not get much game time, thoughts???

Does anyone think that we will sign RVW in the summer, I know we were strongly linked with him last summer and during January but with Suarez and Carroll signing might not get much game time, thoughts???

Would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt, absolute talent and is very young though would be expecting first team football though I think he'd be ideal as he can feature in our Europa games and we also have a very injury prone striker in Carroll.

Think we'll go hard after Wickham though.

Would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt, absolute talent and is very young though would be expecting first team football though I think he'd be ideal as he can feature in our Europa games and we also have a very injury prone striker in Carroll.

Think we'll go hard after Wickham though.

If we're going to compete with the top 4 we need to have quality depth in our squad, having RVW will give us that as i've still got reservations about how good N'Gog will be.

Sylvain Marveaux apparently is close to signing a pre-contract with us and he will be for free, though who knows the truth in it.

Bit of a risk seeing as how we always pick up gem free agents. :rolleyes:

Like Joe Cole? :p

Oh dear...

You must have been born in the 90's then if thats your best experience of beating us.

And I wont even comment on the getting it on the back part!

good because that part was a joke, I was just under the impression Fergie was too bitter to hold a presser that's all.

my best memory so far was at old toilet and we scored one more goal than we did last game ;)

Kuyt is worth keeping as a striker off the bench next season I suspect, but you'd hope he isnt starting every week. Better back up to suarez/Carroll than Ngog at this stage though.

If we can get good money then we should cash in but if not then he will be good to have for depth purposes.

Yep, won't be watching. Would be ****ed for school. Will watch the first half of the return leg though.

How good is Braga's stadium... :thumbsu:

bragastadium.jpg

The travelling party to Braga:

Jones, Johnson, Meireles, Suarez, Carroll, Cole, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Kuyt, Lucas, Wilson, Carragher, Ngog, Reina, Spearing, Poulsen, Shelvey, Kelly, Skrtel, Hansen, Gulacsi, Flanagan, Mendy

No Gerrard, Agger, Aurelio (all injured); Kelly and Shelvey have travelled but are both injured and neither will play; Suarez has also travelled but is ineligible.

The game kicks off at 5am AEDT tomorrow morning, live on ESPN (Channel 508) and ESPN HD (Channel 211).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourites in Europe (big stadium nerd alert). It's built inside a disused quarry on top of a hill overlooking the old city, there are sheer rock walls at both ends. I love the scoreboards set into the rock face.

You been before mate? Wonder how the atmosphere would be, with no fans at either end.

You going to go the Europa cup final in Dublin? Should be a cracking one, I am thinking that it will be us vs City. Question for you if it is us vs City, who do you support :)

You been before mate? Wonder how the atmosphere would be, with no fans at either end.

Nope, never been. The rock walls go higher than the stands, I imagine they keep the atmosphere well bottled in.

You going to go the Europa cup final in Dublin? Should be a cracking one, I am thinking that it will be us vs City. Question for you if it is us vs City, who do you support :)

I'd go with explosives smuggled in my backpack, of course ;)

Seriously, not going to go to this, it's for fans of the clubs there. I went to the new Lansdowne when United played there pre-season.

Does anyone else think we should have claimed Sturridge in the Torres deal? The bloke has been on fire of late and would be a big upgrade over Ngog as a backup striker (or possible strike partner to Andy Carroll in a 4-4-2 formation)

No. Because he sucks.

Every dog has it's day.

Does anyone else think we should have claimed Sturridge in the Torres deal? The bloke has been on fire of late and would be a big upgrade over Ngog as a backup striker (or possible strike partner to Andy Carroll in a 4-4-2 formation)
Yes, I was always for him coming here, don't think he had many supporters on these boards.

But, I also think N'gog is under-rated and I hope he leaves the club for his sake. Its been more than 10 years since a top striker came through our youths (well, N'gog kinda falls in the youths category) and its because the club are always looking to bring in an established import to fill the attacking roles and neglecting the Youth from 1st team action. It happened with Nemeth, Babel (sort of, got chances but never as a striker) and currently, it looks like its happening to Pacheco and Eccleston too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back